Cars 3Movies 

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 96 comments
Yes. It's pretty obvious. I'm just pointing out that including anything in relation to The Chase is terrible.

Its poking fun AT the Chase (or at least all the hype around it), which I don't really see as problem.

Why does lightning still have working lights? I thought he only did that for the world grand prix, I guess the Piston Cup changed the rules about lighting in the recent years.

"Hey champ, where did all your friends go?"

That's a pretty dark line to kick things off. This movie could be amazing if the story of how the current breed of racers with new technologies phased out McQueen's competitors is executed well.

So basically McQueen vs the current lineup of NASCARs. Plus not to mention a EV NASCAR that is McQueen's new rival.

While I'm interested to see how this goes but I'm concerned from how McQueen is going to beat Jackson Storm. If Pixar does go for the predictable route where McQueen turns into a hybrid, I don't mind it. But what I would like to see is that a normal car can beat a hybrid through battery consumption.

So basically McQueen vs the current lineup of NASCARs. Plus not to mention a EV NASCAR that is McQueen's new rival.

While I'm interested to see how this goes but I'm concerned from how McQueen is going to beat Jackson Storm. If Pixar does go for the predictable route where McQueen turns into a hybrid, I don't mind it. But what I would like to see is that a normal car can beat a hybrid through battery consumption.
It seems to me that he doesn't become a hybrid because they seem to tease the end "battle" and he still seems a normal racer.

It's been confirmed Jackson Storm isn't a hybrid, but he'll probably be super optimized in all areas, so much more than McQueen. More modern engine, better aero, training in simulators and such.

Cars-3-Jackson-Storm.jpg

"Next Gen" racer gives me a whif of Nascar's attempt at the "cars of tomorrow" series that they made up a few years back.

Is Lightning based on a Lumina or Monte Carlo? Seemed weird Disney put in the Daytona and GN. Then, made him "generic". Well, I guess the big three do look pretty generic from late '90s.

Is Lightning based on a Lumina or Monte Carlo? Seemed weird Disney put in the Daytona and GN. Then, made him "generic". Well, I guess the big three do look pretty generic from late '90s.
I'm seeing more of a Dodge Viper vibe from Lightning but I could be wrong though. Or he could be based off the older NASCAR Car of Tomorrow.

It's been confirmed Jackson Storm isn't a hybrid, but he'll probably be super optimized in all areas, so much more than McQueen. More modern engine, better aero, training in simulators and such.

Cars-3-Jackson-Storm.jpg

So this is Pixar's Rocky 4 nice. These Russians will wish they never messed with Murica

Looks like a monte carlo from the early 2000s when the first movie came out

There is this too...
During the initial research for the first film, John Lasseter met with General Motors designers to discuss the new Corvette design but subsequent changes to the storyline left both Lightning McQueen and rival Chick Hicks as generic.

So even though there is a generic understanding I think the meeting had an impact at end design traits

Last edited:
So this is Pixar's Rocky 4 nice. These Russians will wish they never messed with Murica

Looks like a monte carlo from the early 2000s when the first movie came out

There is this too...

So even though there is a generic understanding I think the meeting had an impact at end design traits
Now I see how that relates to the Silver "Stinks" paint job by Ramone.

Now I see how that relates to the Silver "Stinks" paint job by Ramone.

Yeah that's suppose to be him paying homage to his "ancestor" the 50s Vette. Since he's really suppose to be a C6 racer, but morphed into a NASCAR thus taking design traits from the Monte. Supposedly GM wouldn't deal because Hicks was the villain and a GM too

New Teaser

Quite easy to tell the first two characters are hybrids.

Cruz sounded like she had a flat 6 from early watercooled 911s. Is she Sally who isn't a Porsche? :lol:

And I can't be the only one expecting "Real Gone" to play during McQueen's teaser trailer.

Cars-3-Jackson-Storm.jpg

Is it weird to find a fictional car sexy? It is, isn't it?

I've read an article back when the first movie came out that Lightning is supposed to be a generic stock car, infused with a little bit of LMP curves to make him stand out from the rest of the pack. There's not one particular car that he is supposed to be based on.

Chick Hicks drew inspiration from the Buick GNX, and The King is obviously a Charger Daytona/Plymouth Superbird.

Back