Cars 3Movies 

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 96 comments
Ew. Chick Hicks was an absolute jerk through and through.

If i were honest he was an absolutely perfect piece by piece recreation of racing legend Jason Plato :P

Also if i am correct, his last canon appearance in the Cars franchise was in that awful PS3 game "Cars Race O' Rama" where he had some sort of elite racing crew or something.

Am I the only one upset that Doc Hudson is dead?

Doc Hudson was dead in the second movie too, so I'm somewhat over it now. :lol:

His voice actor, Paul Newman, died in 2008, so I'd say that's when Disney decided Doc Hudson died too.

I really want this movie to be good but my expectations are not really that high. While the original Cars is my favorite Pixar movie, I did not like Cars 2 at all and I think they just made it to sell more Cars toys to little kids. Overall, from what I've seen, Cars 3 is shaping up to be a much better movie than Cars 2, but don't expect me to get my hopes up until it comes out.

My main question about this film is how the demolition derby scene fits into it all... I mean demolition derby is cars smashing and bashing until only one remains, which in the human world I suppose you'd compare to gladiator battles. So like, is the movie going to have one of those "Death Race" kind of tones to it?

My main question about this film is how the demolition derby scene fits into it all... I mean demolition derby is cars smashing and bashing until only one remains, which in the human world I suppose you'd compare to gladiator battles. So like, is the movie going to have one of those "Death Race" kind of tones to it?

What demo derby? I saw a dirt track race, that may even have been a figure 8 dirt track but I didn't see any demo derby. And all things considered with the first movie and this one, it seems the idea of getting back to the roots of oval racing to become better is a key here. So a demo derby it doesn't seem to be, but a race like Eldora it does.

EDIT yeah it's a dirt track, not a demo derby.

Cars-3-Figure-8-Dirt-Track-1300x528.jpg

My guess is that after his accident and being upstaged, McQueen finds himself "racing" in the figure-8 events, facing an inglorious end to his career.

It's a demo derby. Check out the bio for this new character, to be introduced in the movie..

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Fritter

View attachment 645922 View attachment 645923

Looks like a figure 8 race to me, you posting up what equals to that of a fandom source, doesn't prove. Now if you had an interview or a picture of saying cars crashing into each other perhaps, I would be give some new info. However, someone making a wiki, having no clue what a figure 8 dirt track race is, and then just coming to the conclusion it's a demo derby isn't proof, nor is it an official source.

Looks like a figure 8 race to me, you posting up what equals to that of a fandom source, doesn't prove. Now if you had an interview or a picture of saying cars crashing into each other perhaps, I would be give some new info. However, someone making a wiki, having no clue what a figure 8 dirt track race is, and then just coming to the conclusion it's a demo derby isn't proof, nor is it an official source.
Hence why it remains something I can't wait to find out. The hype is real!

Latest Posts

Back