Cars above 400 pp are not realistic online

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mulan
  • 35 comments
  • 3,730 views
Boon and Steely, you guys should come have a peek at Legend of the Streets, just join our rooms when someone hosts the room. And hopefully you can watch some epic 1v1 battles.
 
I am trying to figure out whether I can classify tyre selection with relevant hp range.
eg - below 250 hp - CS, 250 to 350 SH, 350hp above - SS. WHat you all think?

Well cars like AMG SLS, Nissan GT-R and Ferrari 430 are perfectly drivable with sport hards and no aids so it's not that simple. Atleast GT-R can even match it's real life Nordschleife records with SH.

In general the tire model is simplified and can't really be compared to real life tire compounds. Some everyday Civic type-r wouldn't even be able to warm real life F1 level tires up to their optimal operational temperatures for example...

The game also lacks many things that would be needed for realistic race car experience like tire and brake temperatures, oil and water temperatures (and mechanical damage associated with these), tire pressures and so on.

About the tuner cars being easier to drive fast than stock: That's what the tuner was aiming at when they tuned the car...
 
SteelyDave06
i wanna RACE! ;)

MONSTAR, the leader on the Leaderboard will be hosting a room soon. You can try race him. He has an undefeated record.
 
You had me until no penalties, because the penalty system is a joke.

As is most online racing, no matter the title.

Now while I understand your viewpoint on this subject, my entire point is that way to many people on GT5, Forza, Shift, etc., have different interpretations of what cutting corners is.

I have raced against people who consider themselves legit and I viewed them as such until I watched a replay or two or a hundred.

Corner cutting is something that needs to be addressed, and that something GT5 at least attempts to do.
 
Back