Cars in GT3 that you've seen IRL

  • Thread starter Thread starter SnowbordrWRX
  • 21 comments
  • 1,076 views
Messages
192
What cars have you seen IRL from GT3?

Saw this on Saturday at Rim of the World Rally in Lancaster, CA...
 

Attachments

  • rotw 2004.jpg
    rotw 2004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 179
- Alfa Romeo 156 (5+)
- Audi S4 (they all look the same so i might have seen one before)
- Audi TT (3+)
- BMW 328ci (5+ - see so many BMW's...)
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2+)
- Chevrolet Camaro SS (1)
- Chrysler PT Cruiser (10+)
- Daihatsu Storia?
- Daihatsu Mira?
- Dodge Viper GTS (1)
- Fiat Coupe (2 - both this year!)
- Ford GT40 Race Car
- Honda NSX Type S-Zero (1)
- Honda S2000 (5+)
- Honda Integra Type R (3+)
- Honda Civic (1,000,000+ ;) )
- Honda CRX Del Sol (4+)
- Jaguar XKR (3+)
- Mazda RX-8 (5+)
- Mazda RX-7 (1+)
- Mazda RX-7 Savanna (4+ - brother owns one)
- Mazda MX-5 (80,000,000 ;) )
- Mercedes CLK 55 (3+)
- Mercedes CL 600?
- Mercedes SLK 230 (4+ - one passed me on the way to course today)
- Mini Cooper (20+)
- Mitsubishi FTO (15+?)
- Mitsubishi GTO '95 (2+)
- Mitsubishi GTO '99 (1)
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IV (5+)
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO V (3+)
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI (1+)
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII (3+)
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI TME (1 - but could have been an imitation)
- Nissan Silvia Varietta (4+)
- Nissan Skyline GTS-t R32 (20+)
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 (4+)
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 (3+)
- Nissan Silvia S13 (25+)
- Nissan Silvia S14 (5+)
- Nissan Silvia S15 (6+)
- Nissan 180SX (5+?)
- Nissan 300ZX (10+)
- Nissan 350Z (7+)
- Peugeot 206 (5+)
- Shelby Cobra (1)
- Subaru Impreza WRX bugeye (10+ - S/wagon included)
- Subaru Impreza WRX old (10+)
- Subaru Legacy B4 (15+)
- Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen (3+)
- Subaru Legacy S/wagon (20+)
- Suzuki Alto Works?
- Toyota Chaser (2=)
- Toyota MR2 old (15+)
- Toyota MR2/MRS (7+)
- Toyota Trueno (5+)
- Toyota Celica old (20+)
- Toyota Celica new (15+)
- Toyota Supra (7+)
- Toyota Altezza (10+)
- Toyota Yaris/Vitz/Echo (10+)
- Volkswagen New Beetle (15+)

Haven't really counted them hence the +'s.
They are about the only cars from GT3 i've seen though.
 
Wow...you've seen a GT40? Wait...I did too, I just didn't take a pic. It was at the LA Auto show back in January. As for the WRX's, all of the ones in the game are STi's. Haven't seen any bug-eyed STi's since they were not available here in the states. The USDM version has the facelifted one, with the "comet" headlights.

Come to think of it, I've seen quite a few, it's just that the Spoon Sports S2000 is the first I've seen. Saw a Shelby Cobra on the 210 freeway earlier the same day, except it was a purple. Probably a kit/replica. I'll post a pic when I get home.
 
I thought IRL was appropriate in a message board? You got your LMAO, IMO, AFAIK...
 
Acura CL, Acura Integra, Acura NSX, Audi TT, BMW 328Ci, Honda Civic, Honda CRX, Honda S2000, waaaay too many to list.
 
hm wheres the problem to see any of these cars?:>
just drive around one bigger city on the authobahn and u will see a lot of exotiv cars..... go to munich and ull see all kinds of audi and bmw, in stuttgart mercedes and porsch , in the ruhrgebiet i see the most. the only problem is to take a picture , cause that is ****ing impossible when u are driving about 250 kph and then there comes a mc laren f1 that i saw last week.....
 
Originally posted by SnowbordrWRX
Wow...you've seen a GT40?
I've seen this one 'cos it was me that took the pic (I took about 10 of it all together :D ).

gt40wallpaper.jpg
 
Originally posted by sbr
the only problem is to take a picture , cause that is ****ing impossible when u are driving about 250 kph and then there comes a mc laren f1 that i saw last week.....
Yeah Mclaren F1 um sure man.
 
I haven't seen a road car GT40 - just the race car. :(
 
I guess I should've specified which RARE cars in GT3 have you seen in real life. Of course we've seen BMW 328's. And Civics and Accords...

But here's something you don't see every day: (Definitely worth missing my exit for a good shot :p )
 

Attachments

  • shelby on 210 s.jpg
    shelby on 210 s.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 67
Dont know why I'd guess a Skyline... but there are loads of cars from GT3 I've seen IRL.. a select few would be::

AC Cobra
Every model Corvette except newest.
Dodge Viper GTS
Mercedes Touring Car
Nissan Skyline
Subaru Impreza P1 - 22B in game but not the P1! :mad:
Subaru Rally car - current model and previous
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo - all models
Citroen Xsara Rally car
Ford Focus Rally car
Ford GT concept
Aston Martin DB7 (and GT version)
Honda NSX
PT Cruiser
Chevy Camero
Jaguar XJ220
Mazda RX7 and RX8
Vauxhall Astra Touring Car - sat in this baby
TVR Tuscan
TVR Griffith
TVR Speed 12

loads other but cant be bothered to list em all, these are just the
more special cars.
Not sure if in game:
Alfa Romero 156 Selenia Touring Car
Audi R8 Le Mans car
MG XPower SV - not in game, just a special mention for this beast!
 
That Shelby is probably a kitted one because the original production didn't come in purple...

I was in my Subaru WRX...hmmm...maybe I should enter that portion of the picture in the "guess that car" thread ;)
 
Originally posted by SnowbordrWRX
That Shelby is probably a kitted one because the original production didn't come in purple...

I was in my Subaru WRX...hmmm...maybe I should enter that portion of the picture in the "guess that car" thread ;)
:lol: dosent the picture have to show all or most of the car?
 
I've seen:
Lotus Esprit V8 SE
Jaguar XJ Vehicle
Subaru Impreza WRX WR1
and many more that I can't think of right now.
 
quote:Originally posted by sbr

hell yeah....
i was pushing my lexus to its limits and there are usually no other drivers here in germany who drive faster , thats why u look kinda stupid if u see someone in the rear window<:
and hell yeah it was an mclaren f1
 
There's a bare metal Shelby that runs the local mountain road. For a period, I saw him up there every night. I'm thinking his may be original, as he looks old enough to have been a driver when the originals came out, and to be able to afford one. Plus, I think most of the replicas are fiberglass, so it'd be kind of impossible for this bare metal car to be one.
 
Back