Cars pushing in the corners recently

I honestly do not know how you guys came up with the idea that CAMERA position affects PHYSICAL handling properties of a car, It just does not work that way.

Last edited:
By listening to what much faster/better drivers have mentioned. Have you tried testing it out? I agree that it doesn’t or shouldn’t work like that but…

I honestly do not know how you guys came up with the idea that CAMERA position affects PHYSICAL handling properties of a car, It just does not work that way.
If it is a thing (and I'm not saying it is or isn't), it's not beyond the realm of possibility as a glitch.

Remember the ABS glitch where applying the brakes  just enough to activate ABS made the car go faster? Obviously that's not how things work but it was definitely a thing until they patched it out.

I will leave the "evidence" up to someone with high precision recording capabilities and the will to actually do it, because with Sharefactory my picture quality just wont be enough to really say
"yep, there is a difference" or "nah, that is just compression" or "not correctly aligned to each other".
This is left tyres on 50x tyrewear with the Audi R8 15 Gr.3 on SSRX at 2m16s.866
Bumper, Hood, Cockpit, and Chase

1708355275567.png

Either the precision is really not good enough (and I say it definitly isnt good enough ;)) or Hood has just a sliver less tyrewear on the back.

Anyway, for me if this really is having any impact - which I doubt, regardless of me testing it and trying to put it into a picture - it wouldnt be enough to make me use any different view.
As watto already said, it can still be a glitch, and if that is the case, it may factor in stronger or weaker in certian circumstances.
The game is full of glitches, no one can deny that.

I will leave the "evidence" up to someone with high precision recording capabilities and the will to actually do it, because with Sharefactory my picture quality just wont be enough to really say
"yep, there is a difference" or "nah, that is just compression" or "not correctly aligned to each other".
This is left tyres on 50x tyrewear with the Audi R8 15 Gr.3 on SSRX at 2m16s.866
Bumper, Hood, Cockpit, and Chase

View attachment 1329507

Either the precision is really not good enough (and I say it definitly isnt good enough ;)) or Hood has just a sliver less tyrewear on the back.

Anyway, for me if this really is having any impact - which I doubt, regardless of me testing it and trying to put it into a picture - it wouldnt be enough to make me use any different view.
As watto already said, it can still be a glitch, and if that is the case, it may factor in stronger or weaker in certian circumstances.
The game is full of glitches, no one can deny that.
I drive differently depending on the view i am using, and will get varying results, I cannot drive effectively in cockpit or chase view and my control over the car in those views are bad and my tyre wear suffers, if you can drive exactly same way on all views then i will admit there is something to your theory otherwise.....

Last edited:
I drive differently depending on the view i am using, and will get varying results, I cannot drive effectively in cockpit or chase view and my control over the car in those views are bad and my tyre wear suffers, if you can drive exactly same way on all views then i will admit there is something to your theory otherwise.....
It is just straight line with automatic transmission with no other variable, pressing menu button and restarting so that wind stays the same, by that then everything is exactly the same except for the camera viewpoint used.
The last checkpoint before that was 2m14s.315 in all views.
This is why I only did until the mark of 2m16s.866 (with the precision that sharefactory allows, there is a line across the track at that point), so I dont need to run through the corner.

Sophy could tell us 🙄

Last edited:
There’s been a misunderstanding here. We weren’t talking about the different driving views. You can adjust the Cockpit camera position and then use any driving view you like. 🍻

There’s been a misunderstanding here. We weren’t talking about the different driving views. You can adjust the Cockpit camera position and then use any driving view you like. 🍻
Yes, you just go into cockpit view, adjust camera position as if it’s the cars CoG, then save and return to your normal driving view. That’s it, aside from it has to be done for each car you drive individually.

Didnt know that is possible, but then I have even more doubts about the theory of viewpoint affecting handling by center of gravity, otherwise with the default viewpoint you would have significanlty more tyrewear on the side where the driver is. That or the games cars are already counterbalanced with extra weight to the opposite side. 😅

I think some old Forza game did have driver weight, the Caterham 7 was always pulling to that side from a wheelspinning standing start for the bit of extra traction. 🙄

I can’t say I’ve noticed any/much difference when I tried it. But the just of it is, and this is for each car individually, adjust the cockpit cam, to adjust the CoG of the car slightly. As if the camera PoV, is the CoG, and where you move it up/down/front/back, it slightly adjust the cars CoG along with it. Allegedly/Supposedly.
I still don’t understand this. What is CoG? I race cockpit cam only, so maybe this doesn’t apply to me.

CoG = Centre of Gravity
Thanks. Whether this is all a glitch or not and if it’s effective or not, I don’t care. I’d prefer to just play the game as intended all the time. Sometimes I wish you couldn’t even tune cars and just had to drive them the way they are. Haha.

I thought I was missing out on something like I could get more height or something in cockpit view, a couple cars are still difficult to see over the dash yet I’ve got the seat position cranked up.

Thanks. Whether this is all a glitch or not and if it’s effective or not, I don’t care. I’d prefer to just play the game as intended all the time. Sometimes I wish you couldn’t even tune cars and just had to drive them the way they are. Haha.

I thought I was missing out on something like I could get more height or something in cockpit view, a couple cars are still difficult to see over the dash yet I’ve got the seat position cranked up.
You can get a better view if your using cockpit view. That’s what the settings are actually for. The whole CoG thing is debatable. I think I can feel a difference but that’s just my personal opinion. 🍻

You can get a better view if your using cockpit view. That’s what the settings are actually for. The whole CoG thing is debatable. I think I can feel a difference but that’s just my personal opinion. 🍻
Yeah I’ve got seat height cranked because a couple cars even with it cranked sits you down pretty low. I thought that setting wasn’t per car but maybe it is.

I’m not sure about No ABS. I’ve been running ABS Weak for a few months now, apparently it’s the new meta over Default. Trail braking is slightly worse than default, but straight line braking is better. I’m not sure about no ABS, it’s never been the meta setting before, so I’ve not ever spent much time driving without it. 🤔
THANK YOU!!! I'm glad I read through this thread. I've always heard that default was the best and pretty much the only way to have the ABS set in GT7. Most of the cars felt heavy and struggled with understeer going into the corners with my crappy way of driving the car. I changed it to weak and wow!

All of the cars I tested just seem to feel like completely different cars! I don't know if I'm any faster after changing it to weak, but I will say that the cars feel so much better.

Just pay attention to the rain. Using weak ABS in the rain can be quite a handful and might not be worth it if you are doing an online race that has the potential for rain. It's not a problem in single player since you can pause the game and go change it right before it starts to rain if you want. It would be awesome if they added another screen to the hud thing (I know that's not the right name but can't not sure what it's called.... MFD?) so you can adjust the ABS on the fly like you can adjust the brake controller, fuel map, etc...

Anyhow, as fun as the CoG glitch conversation was, the post by OP was asking about lack of turning response. I've noticed and had others mention as well that there's more loss of grip now if you're heating the tyres up by overdriving them and later in laps or after a few laps you really lose a lot of responsive grip

Anyhow, as fun as the CoG glitch conversation was, the post by OP was asking about lack of turning response. I've noticed and had others mention as well that there's more loss of grip now if you're heating the tyres up by overdriving them and later in laps or after a few laps you really lose a lot of responsive grip
Update 1.42 is the blame on this, when PD "fixed" instability on AI cars in rain it buggered the grip on our tyres regardless of weather...

I’m all for it if it makes it a little more realistic. GT7 has always been on the arcade side of things but GT7 is beginning to be a proper sim. I loved that one update where the wheel got light when you lost traction instead of it getting heavier and heavier.

Latest Posts

Back