Cars That Grew On You...

• Thread starter FAOLIU05
  • 82 comments
The Ford Focus RS. It really grew on me. The car is perhaps the most sporty FWD I've played with. It's turbocharged, has a seemingly different kind of BOV (which is very pleasureable), can be pushed and launch controlled, has great handling, looks good on a low stature, even better with Bridgestone wheels, and matches the acceleration of a stock Corvette Z06 between 50mph to 100mph, and is considerably fast with a 170mph+ top speed.

In the 400M, I'll run 14.1's with the basic acceleration mashing. It's an okay time considering I've got 255hp on it, with sports softs. But if I control the launch and hold the gears, I'll get very low 14.0's. I'm really trying to get it into the 13.9 range, and if I do it... IMO, the Focus RS will be the best FWD car you can buy in the game.

And the RUF 3400S. Black with Bridgestones, it can't be beat. With 395hp, I'll run high 11.8's in the 400M with sport softs. I can pretty much out-manuever anything. IMO, it's the perfect track car. Very forgiving, very quick, very agile... and very sporty and sleek looking. I simply can't get enough of this car.

So, which cars have really grown on you?

The Lotus Elan. Not the most fun in GT4, which is why I didn't take to it much at first... It carries lots of speed but that's about all there is to it. Then I took one racing.....

As far as I am concerned there is not better road car in GT4 for racing, tuned or standard. Certainly some are faster, but there are none as vice free. In the Elan, tuned to just 129bhp, I beat the Motorsport Elise on the El Capitan 200. My slowest non pit lap was 2.5 seconds slower than my fastest lap. That's over 66 laps and tyres ranging from blue to orange. Also, in 66 laps, the car never clipped a wall or left the track. I haven't driven another car in GT4 which I feel so confident in that I could accomplish all this. It's handling is so effortless that it lets me concentrate 100% on the race without needing to think about the car, and the lap times it can achieve defy logic. It's a true racer. I did thousands of race miles in mine and my respect never stopped growing. No corner was too good for this car, and no race was unwinnable.

ZR-1 Vette after I found nice setup for it. it took few weeks to get it to turn neutrally and finally even oversteer.

For me it was the Ginetta G4. It took some getting used to, but it quickly became a favorite go-to car in my garage.

Funnily enough, the GT-R pace car...

When I first won it I thought "Great, another big, heavy thumper. I wonder if I can do a weight reduction on it..." At 16-something hundred kilos, I wasn't too enthused.

Then I decided to take it out for a race, stock. Wow! It actually handles! And it was quite fast, to boot - even with its lard. I haven't taken the time to buy the mods for it, but I think it's one I might invest in...

For me it was the Ginetta G4. It took some getting used to, but it quickly became a favorite go-to car in my garage.

+1. While I usually stick to Arcade runs, the Ginetta is quite fun as one of the underpowered cars in the game. As it only weighs some 495kg (IIRC), it's quite nimble and becomes even more fun when you learn to drive it at its limits.

This is probably a little out of the usual, but the Audi R8. When I bought this car, after some very basic knowledge of it, I thought it was simply too technical to drive effectively for my skill. Now I use this any chance that I get and I love it. Gives you a razor-on the edge feeling if you turn off the ASM. Still can't get it without TCS, but I'm working. :dopey:

Another for me is the Civic Type R. I love the way this little bugga handles. Pretty quick too, feels really neutral for an FF car too. It's a really fun car I like to throw around the track every now and again. 👍

A project/Photomode car that I really like is the V12 Vanquish. I love how this car acts when fully tuned and tweaked. And I took my best pictures ever in it (check the link in my sig.). I love how it handles for such a beheamoth. :)

The Lotus Elan. Not the most fun in GT4, which is why I didn't take to it much at first... It carries lots of speed but that's about all there is to it. Then I took one racing.....

This little car is soooo smooth. I truly never even gave it a 2nd look till I saw it mentioned in a 200 point A-spec thread, and its a real gem.

Definitely the NSX. It doesn't really matter what year. But it's somewhat always had the titel as a pseudo supercar, and kept that title even when Lexus sedans started making cars with more power.

And I still think the look is really understated, but classy and stylish in it's own way.

Some cars that grew on me?

Well, definitely:

Nissan 350Z: My loved one, it has good torque and enough power to own almost everyone. It's kind of a heavy one, like my real one, but whatever. I love her. Especially in the "Super Black" color/ "Option Wheel" look.

Toyota Celica GT-Four: It's me that grew up on this one. I loved her since I first saw it, looooooooong time ago (and I mean YEARS ago). Wonderful. In GT it kinda sucks compared to more recent similar car (EVOs and STIs, in particular), but it's still a fun one to drive.

Toyota Celica SS-II: It was the first car I had (in real life), so it's quite obvious.

Mazda MX-5: That's pure Fun (with capitol F). Drifting, Sliding, you can do whatever you want with this little toy (in real life as well, eheh).

Is ths SS-II the '99 model? Because that one REALLY grew on me before I came across the Ford Focus RS. It's one of the very few FWD cars you can actually supercharge. It wasn't anywhere near as quick as other cars at 255hp, but it was just soooo sporty, soooo fun! If tuned correctly, on a good launch whilst holding gears, I was only able to get really high 14.3's in the 400M, and ran a 1'25 at Mid-Field (both with sport softs). Launching really sucked on it, it didn't have considerable off the line capabilties, but betweem 50mph and 120mph, I could hang with 350hp+ cars. It was really fun car to drive.

Hmmm. I would have to say the Aston Martin Vanquish. At first I really didn't like the car much other than the looks, it was just too heavy. Now it is one of my favorite FR cars because of engine sound, the forgiving handling, and the overall feel of the machine. Maybe not as fast as some of my other favorites, but a great car to drive and feel good in.

Hmm, I guess I will go to the beaten path to my beaten S2000.

I only bought it because, when I restarted my game, I needed a fast car for a little bit of money, and since I was amazed with the power from that little four-pot, I was in love. :embarrassed:

Fiat 500 L.

Very fun to drive with N1 in nurburgring

Yeah! 👍 on this one. Very fun to throw around the track.

Another car that I didn't expect to enjoy driving so much is the Legacy Wagon. Can't wait for the new Mitsubushi EVO Wagon to show up in a GT game. 👍

The lagacy GT spec-b really surprised me. I expected it to be much, much worse than, say the STi, but it could probably hold its own against an STi. It also looks very nice.

definetly the '97 celica SSII. i bought it for reasons unknown. once i found out it had a 6 spd i thought that was cool. it was very quick for what it was. then i learned it could be supercharged :drool: with 270 hp it smokes the tires into third, but remains launchable. (barely). holy makrel you should hear the whine from that engine.. again; :drool: and what do you know.... the thing actually oversteers spectacularly into hard pushed corners. it totally grew on me. i put some 300 miles on it. thats a long life for a car in the garage with my ADD ass

Is ths SS-II the '99 model? Because that one REALLY grew on me before I came across the Ford Focus RS. It's one of the very few FWD cars you can actually supercharge. It wasn't anywhere near as quick as other cars at 255hp, but it was just soooo sporty, soooo fun! If tuned correctly, on a good launch whilst holding gears, I was only able to get really high 14.3's in the 400M, and ran a 1'25 at Mid-Field (both with sport softs). Launching really sucked on it, it didn't have considerable off the line capabilties, but betweem 50mph and 120mph, I could hang with 350hp+ cars. It was really fun car to drive.

The SS-II is the 1997 ,4 headlight one. The FF, NA version of the GT-Four. (175hp)

The '99 model is the SS-III ;)

definetly the '97 celica SSII. i bought it for reasons unknown. once i found out it had a 6 spd i thought that was cool. it was very quick for what it was. then i learned it could be supercharged :drool: with 270 hp it smokes the tires into third, but remains launchable. (barely). holy makrel you should hear the whine from that engine.. again; :drool: and what do you know.... the thing actually oversteers spectacularly into hard pushed corners. it totally grew on me. i put some 300 miles on it. thats a long life for a car in the garage with my ADD ass

I'm totally quoting you, mate ;)

Another vote for the Lotus Elan.

Just used it to win the 1000 miles quartet of races in European Hall. Very sweet car to drive; nice manners all round. It was up against the cluster of opponents that included the Gull Wing Merc SL.

In fact I prefer the older cars in GT4 (although not exclusively).

the Buick GNX....definite sleeper. First off, very adaptable, i can switch things up in this car to get a lot of a-spec points from a lot of races. Second, with acceleration and a stage 3 turbo upgrade, i putup a better lap than a nardo, a MB SLR, and a spyker, all while in sports tires. plus, it looks like a scraper. got to love a 500 hp scraper!

Well, this is so contradicting my name, but its not an Impreza. It is the Mazda RX-7 FC. I won so many races. I got the perfect settings for every aspect (handling, accel., speed, drift)

Another vote for the Lotus Elan.

Just used it to win the 1000 miles quartet of races in European Hall. Very sweet car to drive; nice manners all round. It was up against the cluster of opponents that included the Gull Wing Merc SL.

In fact I prefer the older cars in GT4 (although not exclusively).

+1. I couldn't help but laugh when driving it, such a driving Nirvana, as Clarkson would say. Same thing for Lotus Europa S1 and Ginetta G4.

Back