Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,146 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
One aspect I noticed from a video was that Premium AND Standard cars can have their colors changed. A Standard Honda Civic from the early 1990s went from a red color to this bluish-silver color after spending credits on a Paint Item. Of course, no wheel painting or changing for Standard cars. I thought this was a nice touch. It was something I was thinking about with GT4. Noticed how some cars had this blue chameleon color that had yellow in it from the Used cars? That's something I always try to do- imagine in a current GT if certain ideas will be carried into future GTs. Sure enough, this idea seems to work. I think this is a nice touch. Probably sure you can do much more with color for Premium cars, but this is a great touch for all cars.
 
Honestly, I bet 80% of GT Fans would've settled for more tracks and the three TEST tracks in place of the track creator. What the hell is the point of creating your own quarter mile track when it won't even record the times for you?

Because you don't create your own quarter-mile, you create your own touge road, drift road, mountain-side cruising road, karting track, race track, rally track, snow track or gravel track. If you went with your option you would run out of tracks quickly.
 
Geez, i hate having my words twisted around :lol:
LOL Don't get me wrong I hear ya. Some cars look great in full stock form. Some are true works of art. And in some ways would be a shame to slap stickers all over. But... Some are definitely not, and some are down right ugly. Now wouldn't you feel cool getting into an online race and seeing a bunch of rubbish looking cars all riced out. When you are the only guy rocking a sweet, clean, and beautiful car and thinking to urself " At least I know I have the best taste!" You will be the minority and will love every second of it.
 
no problem




thanks guys..



there is nothing about being riled up...just trying to make a point, with evidence to back it up instead of what most people do and just say "I DON'T LIKE FAST AND THE FURIOUS CARS!! THEY WILL RUIN MY GRAN TURISMO!"



come on now...That is a weak argument really. Not including a feature is not individuality, its as simple as not having a feature. If anything the livery editor allows for INFINITELY more individuality within the game itself. Do you really think that someone at PD said "nope, no livery editor, someone else already did it, we want to have our individuality?" come on...

I am honestly very interested in hearing your explain how allowing users to create any of the cars i posted screen shots of in ANY way hurt the experience that is Gran Turismo. Or, how by having this ability negatively effects YOUR experience playing Gran Turismo, considering you do not have to use this feature

I could actually see someone saying that at PD 👍

On that note i will take my leave.I feel as though i started an argument and i do not wish to argue about this.

I know people are passionate about this sorta thing,but i am not.So i'll take my leave so you guys can get back to talking about what you all like.

Sorry to be a bother to you guys.

Hope to see you guys on the track.Good day all. :)
 
And thank you. It's 2010 guys. They need to improve the game now. We need livery editor as a DLC. It's not hard at all. Just demand it guys. It will give the game even 100X more value.

Ahh yes, because Rain, snow & ice and dirt don't do that for GT, but lets not forget a track creator also..... 👍 As with most people, an editor comes very much second best to all of the above.

People also forget that Forza has a development team 300+ strong and thats not even including their outsourcing.
 
No one is talking about a stupid pepsi logo here.

Well how about making you're own Ken Block's STI? it can be done easily in forza

That's the thing though: it can't. I will not deny FM3's livery editor is the best out of all its competitors and has an unlimited amount of potential. But it all depends on who's using it, and it's not all that easy to get the hang of. I would rather more race cars be added to a game than a livery editor because I am not sklilled enough to make those cars myself, and I have a problem with paying tons of in-game credits just so I can get a half-assed replica missing sponsors that uses Arial font for all the decals. Like the Impreza in that video.

And to all of you saying "it's not that hard to put in the game," what are you basing that on? Do you know how difficult it is to make a game? Do you work at PD or T10? It's not easy to implement a well-designed livery editor. That's why Forza is the only game with a good one.

Are yes, because Rain, snow & ice and dirt don't do that for GT..... 👍 As with most people, an editor comes very much second best to all of the above.

People also forget that Forza has a development team 300+ strong and thats not even including their outsourcing.

👍 Thank you. All I've been trying to say. The sad thing is, they will never understand.
 
Forza's editor is EXTREMELY basic for what its capable of creating...i mean at the end of the day its basically just geometric shapes and basic editing tasks like (scale, skew, transparency etc...)

More the reason GT should have included such a feature.. Like I said earlier this has become a standard in the genre, PD was foolish to overlook it. I've read that PD made a claim to include such a feature in GT6 but I never saw the source. Personally I'm not excited about waiting another 4+ yrs to FINALLY get a livery editor but meh. If anyone has a source on that comment please provide the link.

Heck, i didn't mean to get you guys so riled up.

I guess it's wrong for a game to have it's individuality.

heh individuality, I like what you tried to do there.


I just saw the wheel painting option with the Lancer Evo X. Even that is severely lacking! You are only given about 6-7 options of paint with no option to have customized colours. When I watched all those SEMA videos, Kaz said that they like to go to the event to try and see what the new trends are in the market. BUT do they actually write any of these down on paper and try to implement them in the game? From the looks of it, that's a big hell no.

Yep yet another misstep, once I began seeing the leaks I saw the writing on the wall. I really don't understand why PD has been so mod unfriendly over the years.. They've blamed everyone however now it seems they are the only ones to blame this cycle.

Having an editor will give everyone a chance to have their own individuality expressed through the cars.;)

Exactly, to me it just adds value for my gaming dollar. I'm not the best livery maker BUT I enjoyed what I could do. It added hours of value beyond simply driving, and in the end isn't that what we all want?
 
I would just like to simply state that the inability to change the wheels on the standard cars is to me quite the disappointment.
 
I don't think anyone would want to put the forza or xbox logo on their cars in GT :p /trollface =)

That pace car does look kind of neat, would be funny as hell to be able to copy the 'old' merc pace car in formula one races, and there goes my imagination wandering off doing it's own thing...
Online B spec mode , B spec driver controls the pace car , flags and penalties, the rest of the players drive the f1 cars.
Sigh: shoulda coulda woulda right :(
 
I looked at the clip and so far it's right on. Did you noticed when the person tried to race prep the Honda and he couldn't to it. We'll be limited how far we can tune specific cars.
 
I would just like to simply state that the inability to change the wheels on the standard cars is to me quite the disappointment.

gt5standardfail.gif


Agreed. I just don't get the decision making process.. This upcoming release of GT5 only makes me look forward to GT6.. I don't have faith for such a fix by way of DLC.
 
Ahh yes, because Rain, snow & ice and dirt don't do that for GT, but lets not forget a track creator also..... 👍 As with most people, an editor comes very much second best to all of the above.

People also forget that Forza has a development team 300+ strong and thats not even including their outsourcing.
after 6 years they should have all this plus more! and to the development team size issue... there is no reason they couldn't just maybe... I don't know.... hire more employees?
 
Lol @ OP Darkpitiless

Did you ever played a GT game before? This is not another stupid game, this is Gran Turismo! Its not about costumasation its about driving.

And I reported your first post, because Jordan said so!

do us all a faver and go to your box and enjoy. Man this whining and moan really galls me.
 
Plus how were they able to get Logo's owned by Sony and Polyphony on a Micro Soft game?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back