Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, no need to cry about it :rolleyes:
Need you be directed to the EMO thread?
Anywho, there might be more customization in the Aero section, just that the guy hasn't gotten far in Career. It didn't say 'You cannot apply these Aero parts on a Standard Model'.

he has valid complaints. just because you and I don't really care about the issue doesn't mean that his complaints are invalid
 
I sense incoming moderation just for this guy's post.

Watch your language my friend, and I use that term "friend" lightly.
After reading your post, I am 100% certain you do not have the game or have played it. How on earth do videos posted online by someone who is still figuring out things in the game tell you what is 100% certain?

The part I put in bold, italicized and underlined is what I am about to reply to. Have you even played FM3 online? People drive like idiots all the time, there is no penalty for it there either and when you attempt to boot them, they try to kick someone else and you can't vote them out...know what you are speaking about before you start firing off, that way you won't look stupid having to retract statements.

People don't care about NASCAR? I want whatever you are smoking, in the US it is the biggest racing circuit on TV...where are you from by the way?

You post too much hearsay, nothing you have said came from first hand experience or at least credible outside sources, just hearsay.

I'm certain you didn't notice that there is a track generator, so you can make your own drag strip if you want, and you can make it 10km long too.

GT5 might be dead to you if a drag strip doesn't make it in???? Lol, I hope it's dead to you as of now, I surely do not want to come across you while playing online. You sound like those typical idiots who enter races and have a slow car but attempt to block faster opponents(the drag strip comment leads me to believe you can turn corners).
You like tuning and testing the cars out fully?
Then you would probably not test your car out on a drag strip as that is about 30% of what real driving is. Try the Nurb, or any course with lots of turns in succession, cars don't only go straight. You only gain knowledge on how you car performs in a sterile environment when actual driving/racing is all about dynamics. I own FM3 and I can tell you I don't use or have ever used the drag strip in that game, it's utterly pointless. Drag racing isn't something you can just toss in a game, Turn10 obviously thought it was. I fails hard, no warm ups, no burning out to get your tires ready...I don't follow drag racing but I can tell you that it's similarities to the one in FM3 end at having two cars and a straight 1/4mi piece of tarmac.

GT5 and FF13? You need to get out more, what on earth do these two have in common aside from the fact that they are both Japanese created games and thus have a great many fans worldwide? Lol, I know they both have names and end in numbers.:dopey:

he maybe a moron with rediculous forza fanboy opinions but telling him he can't swear is just childish. WE ALL SWEAR at one point or another. Just because you follow normative behavior doesn't mean you're somehow a better person. If anything you're not because you follow societal norms without think about it yourself. the F word is one of the versatile words in our language yet on gtp it's frowned upon. There are not better words to express tone and motion through text through swears, and although I understand people not wanting this forum to turn into a name calling extraveganza, there's no reason swears should be against the rules. a forum is about free speech not censorship, and some people really just need to get off their high horses.
otherwise I agree with you totally
 
You don't game much, or maybe you're not an RPG guy. He mentioned FF because it's the biggest RPG franchise and a very respected one, the GT of the RPG's if you will, but the latest one, FF13, failed. Hard. He's hoping GT5 won't fail the same way. I think not, but hey, I said the same thing about FF13. I thought all the hating was just that, hating. Well it turned out to be much, much more than that.

But I'm following GT5's development far more closely than I did FF13's and what I saw so far is enough to make me happy. So I'm quite sure it failed, but thankfully not nearly as hard as FF13 did.


I got what he was trying to say, fact was FF13 was SquarEnix's attempt to westernize the game and change the gameplay and that kind of stunk up the whole game. I have it and got tired of the stupid random battles that you couldn't run from or fights that there was no way around.

GT5 on the other hand has and was always about doing their own thing, he fails to realize GT5 isn't copying someone else work. Kaz's obsession is fact of this, PD doesn't release a game every couple of years. They slave away at things that they think are needed within the game. Remember GT is from enthusiasts not people just out to make money, I enjoy the direction that PD is going with GT. GT has made it's footprint and many are attempting to build off their mark, FM is the best of the bunch and it does many things well but things in GT that have always sat head and shoulders above everyone else is their dedication to be accurate about the cars in the game. In GT games you can expect things like the speed automated wing on the Veyron to come up and when you jam on the brake the air brake flips up like it does in reality. Check out FM none of their games reproduce this, GT goes as far as having the R8 speed sensitive spoiler react as it does when the car reaches a certain speed. While FM has a wonderful car selection and excellent paint shop, there are areas where it fail to immerse you as GT does. GT cars roll and react to corners and G- Forces, and you can visually see this and it looks extremely convincing.

So as far as that guy is concerned, he's just ranting about nothing really. I own every FM game and pretty much all GT games too. I enjoy them all, but GT is always something that I really enjoy, be it the attention to detail, the breadth of cars to choose from or just how it just feels "right" when you trail brake through a corner and keep the car moving smoothly. Watch the replay and feel satisfied...GT is just something else.


@WesWelker83
The "F" may be used a lot and in increasingly impressive ways, doesn't make it any less jarring to hear, or read. I'm following the forum rules, and anyone who thinks there is freedom of speech anywhere on this planet is a fool. Language etiquette is there because the owner wishes to have it, I am not saying I am a better person than anyone else. I just have better grasp of understanding what the limitations imposed upon me by the use of this forum that's all. I just made my position to him clear, I hold no grudge against him for anything he said.

I would reply to him again, but he has once again posted and this time without even thinking about anything I said. In a rant complete with name calling and assumptions about the kind of person I am. Incredible. Anyway assuming he gets the game, do you think he will come here and own up to his assumptions? In time we will see.
 
Last edited:
This is why PS3 is my final game system. Games have declined hardcore since the 90s. It makes me very sad.

No 1/4 mile in GT5? Fail. Let's petition for PD to make some DLC to fix the problems we have.
 
This is why PS3 is my final game system. Games have declined hardcore since the 90s. It makes me very sad.

No 1/4 mile in GT5? Fail. Let's petition for PD to make some DLC to fix the problems we have.

I really wish you would play the game before making these assumption final.
 
he maybe a moron with rediculous forza fanboy opinions but telling him he can't swear is just childish. WE ALL SWEAR at one point or another. Just because you follow normative behavior doesn't mean you're somehow a better person. If anything you're not because you follow societal norms without think about it yourself. the F word is one of the versatile words in our language yet on gtp it's frowned upon. There are not better words to express tone and motion through text through swears, and although I understand people not wanting this forum to turn into a name calling extraveganza, there's no reason swears should be against the rules. a forum is about free speech not censorship, and some people really just need to get off their high horses.
otherwise I agree with you totally
I don't even like Forza.... Sigh, I never said I did. Forza got my mind off the GT5 delay a few years back for a little bit. Heck, I didn't even buy it, a friend did. My point was that Forza took things from GT and improved on them to make it a better racing experience (over GT4). Seems that GT5 didn't take some of those same steps.
 
I got what he was trying to say, fact was FF13 was SquarEnix's attempt to westernize the game and change the gameplay and that kind of stunk up the whole game. I have it and got tired of the stupid random battles that you couldn't run from or fights that there was no way around.

GT5 on the other hand has and was always about doing their own thing, he fails to realize GT5 isn't copying someone else work. Kaz's obsession is fact of this, PD doesn't release a game every couple of years. They slave away at things that they think are needed within the game. Remember GT is from enthusiasts not people just out to make money, I enjoy the direction that PD is going with GT. GT has made it's footprint and many are attempting to build off their mark, FM is the best of the bunch and it does many things well but things in GT that have always sat head and shoulders above everyone else is their dedication to be accurate about the cars in the game. In GT games you can expect things like the speed automated wing on the Veyron to come up and when you jam on the brake the air brake flips up like it does in reality. Check out FM none of their games reproduce this, GT goes as far as having the R8 speed sensitive spoiler react as it does when the car reaches a certain speed. While FM has a wonderful car selection and excellent paint shop, there are areas where it fail to immerse you as GT does. GT cars roll and react to corners and G- Forces, and you can visually see this and it looks extremely convincing.

So as far as that guy is concerned, he's just ranting about nothing really. I own every FM game and pretty much all GT games too. I enjoy them all, but GT is always something that I really enjoy, be it the attention to detail, the breadth of cars to choose from or just how it just feels "right" when you trail brake through a corner and keep the car moving smoothly. Watch the replay and feel satisfied...GT is just something else.

I completely agree. And that's why I'm sure I'll enjoy it. While it failed to impress me, it's still GT. I just wish the same could be said about FF13...
 
I completely agree. And that's why I'm sure I'll enjoy it. While it failed to impress me, it's still GT. I just wish the same could be said about FF13...

Realy? I loved FF13. Awsome graphics and a very good story line.
 
Realy? I loved FF13. Awsome graphics and a very good story line.

Well, I risk derailing the thread but I'll answer:

Great graphics sure, and being a graphics whore I certainly liked to stare at the wonderful artwork. But good story line? Maybe I'm getting too old for these kinds of games but that was boring as hell. A couple of stupid characters, the rest are completely unimaginative, bland and predictable. There's hardly any story but some melodrama between the characters while you fight the same mobs down a freaking endless corridor. I got so bored I completely lost any will to play the damn game. It's sitting in my shelf waiting for the day I'm bored enough to fire it on.
 
Oh my God, are you :censored:ing serious? Is the game out? Do you have the game? NO, so don't judge the game before you have even :censored:ing played it. It might have everything Forza does and moreso.
YOU DON'T KNOW. :censored:ing troll.
And as far as I know, GT was never about Customization and Livery and Aero mods; Kaz only delayed the game and added all of that to keep whining babies like you from... whining.




No-one thinks a whole load of **** will suddenly be there on the 24th; I have heard no-one (minus you, of course) say that at all. Heard of DLC? I guess not, allow me to explain. Downloadable Content; add-ons, such as '10 more tracks', more modifcations, more rims, patches. You don't need to think, you need to hope.

The car list and track list sucks compared to Forza, you can't even put race liveries on.

6 year development for what? To make 100 some way to high detailed cars and just leave all the standard ones without even basic cockpits.

Forza was able to do so much more in such a short time span that it really is crazy that this is all they have to show for the game after so long.

Wow, I can change the color of my rims? Wow. Awesome. What's that? I have to race cars that look like they come from the show room on race tracks? Awesome.

Pretty sure by the time you take all the crappy duplicates out, Forza 3 even has more cars that are actualy interesting and they have cockpits.

I'm still getting GT5 because it's still the only game the PS3 has, but six years development is still looking like an epic fail to me.
 
Realy? I loved FF13. Awsome graphics and a very good story line.

FF13 sucked big time, holds nothing up against the classics from the psone era.

Sorry for the OT.
 
FF13 sucked big time, holds nothing up against the classics from the psone era.

Sorry for the OT.
Yep, lolz..

The characters are all the same. Preppy annoying turds that doubt themselves one time to get their stupid aeon/summon. And it's the worst story ever in FF, what happened to good ones like in FF10. And not to mention it's like on a track, you couldn't go to the side and do something not needed. It's all about running straight and fighting annoying battles. Btw, using only one person is GAY. On top of that, also the battles are to long. Have to make a chain for almost every enemy. Even when you're strong and cannot kill tons of old/weak enemies in a single shot. They messed up royally with that heap of ****. Hope GT5 doesn't ditch to many things that made GT games in the past great cause people grow attached to things you give them 3-4 times...
 
Sorry but did I just hear a rumour that wheel size can't be changed?!
 
Cars uncustomizable?
As the very thread title asks, do we have any confirmation yet as to whether or not the Standard model cars can be tuned in terms of engine, suspension, transmission, diffs, etc...?

I can get past not being able to change wheels or aero mods, but not being able to adjust certain aspects of the cars performance, as far as I'm concerned that would be a pretty massive flaw.

My apologies if this has been covered, and my gratitude if it has been covered and disproved.
 
As the very thread title asks, do we have any confirmation yet as to whether or not the Standard model cars can be tuned in terms of engine, suspension, transmission, diffs, etc...?

I can get past not being able to change wheels or aero mods, but not being able to adjust certain aspects of the cars performance, as far as I'm concerned that would be a pretty massive flaw.

My apologies if this has been covered, and my gratitude if it has been covered and disproved.

We have videos, yes. Almost every tuning option you had in GT4 are available.
 
I got what he was trying to say, fact was FF13 was SquarEnix's attempt to westernize the game and change the gameplay and that kind of stunk up the whole game. I have it and got tired of the stupid random battles that you couldn't run from or fights that there was no way around.

GT5 on the other hand has and was always about doing their own thing, he fails to realize GT5 isn't copying someone else work. Kaz's obsession is fact of this, PD doesn't release a game every couple of years. They slave away at things that they think are needed within the game. Remember GT is from enthusiasts not people just out to make money, I enjoy the direction that PD is going with GT. GT has made it's footprint and many are attempting to build off their mark, FM is the best of the bunch and it does many things well but things in GT that have always sat head and shoulders above everyone else is their dedication to be accurate about the cars in the game. In GT games you can expect things like the speed automated wing on the Veyron to come up and when you jam on the brake the air brake flips up like it does in reality. Check out FM none of their games reproduce this, GT goes as far as having the R8 speed sensitive spoiler react as it does when the car reaches a certain speed. While FM has a wonderful car selection and excellent paint shop, there are areas where it fail to immerse you as GT does. GT cars roll and react to corners and G- Forces, and you can visually see this and it looks extremely convincing.

So as far as that guy is concerned, he's just ranting about nothing really. I own every FM game and pretty much all GT games too. I enjoy them all, but GT is always something that I really enjoy, be it the attention to detail, the breadth of cars to choose from or just how it just feels "right" when you trail brake through a corner and keep the car moving smoothly. Watch the replay and feel satisfied...GT is just something else.


@WesWelker83
The "F" may be used a lot and in increasingly impressive ways, doesn't make it any less jarring to hear, or read. I'm following the forum rules, and anyone who thinks there is freedom of speech anywhere on this planet is a fool. Language etiquette is there because the owner wishes to have it, I am not saying I am a better person than anyone else. I just have better grasp of understanding what the limitations imposed upon me by the use of this forum that's all. I just made my position to him clear, I hold no grudge against him for anything he said.

I would reply to him again, but he has once again posted and this time without even thinking about anything I said. In a rant complete with name calling and assumptions about the kind of person I am. Incredible. Anyway assuming he gets the game, do you think he will come here and own up to his assumptions? In time we will see.

ok fair enough. I'm just a little hot on that issue with gtplanet. that and the rediculous people lik this forza fanboy are the really bad parts about gtplanet IMO. but no I absolutely doubt after this kid plays gt5 that'll he'll still be talking that jive. for one, I doubt he'll have many people to get attention from and that's clearly what he wants by being a little drama queen lol
 
The car list and track list sucks compared to Forza, you can't even put race liveries on.

6 year development for what? To make 100 some way to high detailed cars and just leave all the standard ones without even basic cockpits.

Forza was able to do so much more in such a short time span that it really is crazy that this is all they have to show for the game after so long.

Wow, I can change the color of my rims? Wow. Awesome. What's that? I have to race cars that look like they come from the show room on race tracks? Awesome.

Pretty sure by the time you take all the crappy duplicates out, Forza 3 even has more cars that are actualy interesting and they have cockpits.

I'm still getting GT5 because it's still the only game the PS3 has, but six years development is still looking like an epic fail to me.

sorry but the track list is fine and far better than forzas even without the course maker. liveries are stupid. this is a driving game, not a graphic design game. liveries are a waste of time that take away from driving and only little kids who have seen to many fast and furious movies and old farts that wanna make a mock racing team would even use. we have enough racing cars with REAL liveries, so if you want to see them, there you go. I don't get how that's a dealbreaker for you forza fanboys. to me forza has gt5 completely owned in car list and damage, but now, even the engine sounds of gt5 are awesome. maybe not on all cars but this wouldn't be the first game to not have totally accurate engine sound of every single car COUGH* NFS SHIFT *COUGH
 
sorry but the track list is fine and far better than forzas even without the course maker. liveries are stupid. this is a driving game, not a graphic design game. liveries are a waste of time that take away from driving and only little kids who have seen to many fast and furious movies and old farts that wanna make a mock racing team would even use. we have enough racing cars with REAL liveries, so if you want to see them, there you go. I don't get how that's a dealbreaker for you forza fanboys. to me forza has gt5 completely owned in car list and damage, but now, even the engine sounds of gt5 are awesome. maybe not on all cars but this wouldn't be the first game to not have totally accurate engine sound of every single car COUGH* NFS SHIFT *COUGH

Ignorance is becoming my favorite new word around here. Racing cars have liveries. Racing is the main part of this game. Liveries let us personalize cars. You obviously can't understand that seeing as you just posted a block of letters above.
 
I'm in the camp of a livery editor being pretty important.

when youre driving you like to feel at one with your machine,
one of the best ways to feel closer to something is to customise it yourself.

when you decorate your house you dont say, its a house, not a art school so i cant do it how i want it myself do you?

GT 6 better have the livery editor of its going to be a fail.

i shall let them off in 5....
 
Driving simulator ? Customising is extra but PD haven't given a damn about standard cars
 
Epic fail. The M5 is premium, it has separate modelled body pars, the civic in that video is standard, just wait for tekken to upload a new GT auto video with a premium car.

Just take a good deep look @ this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiDJHAMNVA0 .

So tell me, are you happy now ?. Looks like im right and most of you guys are wrong. Unless there is more customization options to be unlocked.
 
As the very thread title asks, do we have any confirmation yet as to whether or not the Standard model cars can be tuned in terms of engine, suspension, transmission, diffs, etc...?

I can get past not being able to change wheels or aero mods, but not being able to adjust certain aspects of the cars performance, as far as I'm concerned that would be a pretty massive flaw.

My apologies if this has been covered, and my gratitude if it has been covered and disproved.

I think it's there. But expect tiny amouts of upgrading parts.
 
Last edited:
I
don't think the gt series was ever about custom liveries, and it probably will never have it because that's not what this game is about. The vast majority of the modifications in the game is directly related to performance (even the wing since that allows you to adjust the downforce where as the factory car you couldn't). As for the wheels, it was likely a logical coding issue with the standard cars that would likely have to be revamped in order to allow it which would take a lot of time to do. If you notice the wheels in the older gt games, they were never in 3d but more like moving sprites when they were animated. In this instance, they are better off designing cars from scratch and have them ready in the next game than just a band aid fix. But performance gain from wheels is pretty insignificant compared to the other things you can do to your car such as tire choice, and only the really fast cars can really take advantage of wheel upgrades. Yes wheel width is important too but you can't just code the constraints of that into every car. Some people really need to think about the logistical aspects of creating a game with this many cars, especially with the high standards expected and broad audience. All I know is that this game isn't meant for car show crowd.

But I'll be honest, I'm not much of a customizing type guy when it comes to looks. I only mod cars if it makes them get better lap times, easier to drive with, more durable, and I also enjoy cars as they were meant from the factory. And yes I do race on a track in real life, and no my car doesn't have any appearance mods except for wheels but you gotta have multiple sets for different tires. I know some guys that I track with have decals, but they are sponsored or at least promoting something, or maybe just for fun.
 
Why does everyone it seems care about liveries. All I want is to repaint a car, hell cars about anything else. Don't need to see a Pepsi logo or any other stupid things on the cars. Sure race cars have liveries, but is it needed to add on to what are essentially road cars? No, I don't think so. Plus this isn't something you should be mad about. We never had that stuff to add. Should be more mad about the missing features, not getting livery editor.
 
Driving simulator ? Customising is extra but PD haven't given a damn about standard cars

Genre: Online Car Life Simulator

I think PD has it named pretty perfect on their website of what exactly GT is.

As far as Standard Cars, and giving a damn, They are in the game, and can be tuned. I can not ask for anything else.
 
Saw the vid... I´m feeling very confused on why you can´t change wheels. Something so basic... And to think that Civic looks so fine even though its a standard. I´m very dissapointed... Don´t now what to think...
 
Why does everyone it seems care about liveries. All I want is to repaint a car, hell cars about anything else. Don't need to see a Pepsi logo or any other stupid things on the cars. Sure race cars have liveries, but is it needed to add on to what are essentially road cars? No, I don't think so. Plus this isn't something you should be mad about. We never had that stuff to add. Should be more mad about the missing features, not getting livery editor.


Exactly.

I prefer driving my car in it's original condition,If i want to have a livery i'll drive a race car.

GT5 in my eyes does not need a livery editor.This takes away the focus from racing,tuning and car collecting which this series was built on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back