Cars you can never get back if you sell?

There are no other prize cars for Like the Wind. Just the 787B. And you can only win it twice.

Yeah, unfortunately...although I sold my second one, it was doing no good sitting in the garage. :D

You can buy any car in the game, you just need a friend who has it. Right now I have 8 787B's, and I peddle them out to people who ask for them.

-lying

FABISHAM

Originally posted by Driftster
You can buy any car in the game, you just need a friend who has it. Right now I have 8 787B's, and I peddle them out to people who ask for them.

-lying

FABISHAM

Yeah, as if you'd have friends! :P

joking. ;)

I'm so alone.....
-tear-
I am actually, I started a nice thread for all the African American Drifters on this forum since there was one for Asian people....The only person to respond to my thread was someone saying I'm rascist.....I feel so wronged...So wronged indeed.

Mine's Lancer Evolution VI (Amateur Race of NA Sports)

This is the only car I am missing. I'm still bitter, because I let my brother play using my mem card and when I was sleeping he sold it to get a Skyline. In the long run, the Skyline proved to be worth while.

But...I want that skyline so i can officially say that I've not only beaten the game, but I have every car.

Mine's Lancer Evolution VI (Amateur Race of NA Sports)

This is the only car I am missing. I'm still bitter, because I let my brother play using my mem card and when I was sleeping he sold it to get a Skyline. In the long run, the Skyline proved to be worth while.

But...I want that skyline so i can officially say that I've not only beaten the game, but I have every car.

from all the posts ive read i have learnt something..........yes i have.................its dont EVER lend your mem card or login to your brother or friend............EVER

they will always sell something or stuff something up:)

What the hell is wrong with me and repeating posts?! :irked: Damn computer...

Anyways, my brother's 17 and I thought he'd be somewhat sensible, but apparently not. Ack, I'll just steal the car from a friend who has won it but doesn't really care for GT3.

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
from all the posts ive read i have learnt something..........yes i have.................its dont EVER lend your mem card or login to your brother or friend............EVER

they will always sell something or stuff something up:)

You should hear the kind of whining that goes on in MMORPG's. I used to be obsessed with Diablo II, and every 5 minutes you're hearing someone whine, "OMG! I got hacked! All my stuff is gone!" but then they eventually admit that they gave someone their password...

Originally posted by Rice Rocketeer
I'll just steal the car from a friend who has won it but doesn't really care for GT3.

You know someone who spent the time to get 100% but "doesn't really car for GT3"? They must've been bored.

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
You know someone who spent the time to get 100% but "doesn't really car for GT3"? They must've been bored.

No, I know someone who got about 20% done with the game, gave up, and still have the Mines Evo 6 lying around in his garage.

Originally posted by Rice Rocketeer
No, I know someone who got about 20% done with the game, gave up, and still have the Mines Evo 6 lying around in his garage.

Oh, I was thinking "has won it" meant he had won GT3, not just won the Mines Evo.

Originally posted by Driftster
I'm so alone.....
-tear-
I am actually, I started a nice thread for all the African American Drifters on this forum since there was one for Asian people....The only person to respond to my thread was someone saying I'm rascist.....I feel so wronged...So wronged indeed.

lol i wondered what happened to it lol

For PAL players, the Viper Team ORECA should be on the list because it can't be bought, although it doesn't really matter, because PAL players can't sell it, either (thanks Famine).

i actually noticed this last night and was about to make a new post about it until i searched and found this one....i am pretty damn proud of myself for doing that...:D

anyway...it is true that PAL players cannot sell the Viper Oreca...when you try you get a message saying

'you are not permitted to sell this car'

why? that is my question....why not?....i dont want to sell it, its a beast of a machine....just curious why i cannot sell it and if there are any other cars that cant be sold..

and question 3....can NTSC gamers sell this car?

You get that happening with the regular Honda S2000 too.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
You get that happening with the regular Honda S2000 too.

really?...but i can buy that no probs....

i spose you have to win it in order to be unable to sell it.....where can it be won?

How do you restart your game?

Sorry, but I don't know how to do that and making a topic of it... You know, it's only a question...

Originally posted by sejtur
How do you restart your game?

Sorry, but I don't know how to do that and making a topic of it... You know, it's only a question...

you need a memory card that has no GT3 saves on it.....

but i dont think you can restart a game that youve already started..

PS to start a new thread...click 'New Thread'

Originally posted by TurboSmoke
you need a memory card that has no GT3 saves on it.....

but i dont think you can restart a game that youve already started..

PS to start a new thread...click 'New Thread'

Thanks! But I already knew how to start a new thread, but I didn't ment that.

Originally posted by sejtur
Thanks! But I already knew how to start a new thread, but I didn't ment that.
i guess go to the memory card screen in ur ps2 and delete ur savegame. then load up and start again.

Yeah, at the main screen press File Operation, then delete all your information...Then retstart the PS2, and tada!

I think I won my S2000 from the Type R race in Amateur...Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's the regular S2000. (Where's Famine when you need him!)

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I think I won my S2000 from the Type R race in Amateur...Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's the regular S2000. (Where's Famine when you need him!)

yeah...i checked it last night...for some reason you cant buy the regular s2000....i have the one just up from that but got them confused...

Famine...get your arse in here....we need info :lol:

TurboSmoke, in answer to your question about the Oreca Viper earlier. It can not be sold simply because there is no value assesed for it on the game.
Another note on the Team Oreca Viper: There are two models of this car on the GT3 disc. The #91 Dodge Viper and the #51 Chrysler Viper. One of the hidden cars on the disc, and the only one that can be seen in the game. On the title screen in the top left, during the little background movies playing, you will see the #51 Playstation Chrysler Viper drive by. This vehicle is hidden on the North American NTSC disc, but is available at the Chrysler dealership on the Japanese NTSC version.

Originally posted by Mr Chaos
TurboSmoke, in answer to your question about the Oreca Viper earlier. It can not be sold simply because there is no value assesed for it on the game.
Another note on the Team Oreca Viper: There are two models of this car on the GT3 disc. The #91 Dodge Viper and the #51 Chrysler Viper. One of the hidden cars on the disc, and the only one that can be seen in the game. On the title screen in the top left, during the little background movies playing, you will see the #51 Playstation Chrysler Viper drive by. This vehicle is hidden on the North American NTSC disc, but is available at the Chrysler dealership on the Japanese NTSC version.

great...!!...thanks for the info.....

i have the PAL game so i'm stuffed...:)

I know that on the races where you get one of four cars for winning, you can keep going back and get a different car each time. On races where you get one specific car, you get the car the first time and never again.[....][/i]

errrm but you can buy them off other people <or start a new game on your other memory card ;) >. and im not sure if you know this but to duplicate your cars on the PAL version at least if i remember correctly i aint a hardcore gt3 player anymore but i think u can buy your own cars in the buy sell mode so yeah you dont make money but you duplicate it if you want.

But how come it has a value in the NTSC game?

Ok I should have been more specific. For NTSC North America There are 3 Team Orecas in the game technically....although only 2 will show in any program. The Dodge Oreca Viper #91 that is available for purchase has a value of 1,00,00 credits and sells for 1/4th of that.
The hidden Chrysler Playstation Oreca Viper #51 which can't be bought, and has no valus assesed.

And the prize car Oreca Viper which again is the Dodge, but was supposed to be the Chrysler...and for whatever reason has no re-sale value attached. Another thing that didn't get finished in time for release, or just didn't get approval for the American consol. Whatever...guess Polyphony overlooked that little detail.

That can be fixed by code, if anyone really wants to get rid of theirs.

Back