Cars You're Tired of Seeing

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 243 comments
Which generation(s) of Transporter? Of course, in America Transporters are uncommon. There are a few T4s and more uncommon are T3s, T2s, and T1s. But since we never got the T5 or T6, they are nonexistent cars here.
All of them from the T4 onwards (y'know, where they've looked exactly the same for the last 28 years?). They are everywhere in Suffolk. When the latitude music festival comes along in the Summer, the roads are infested with them.

images

In most northern towns (in North west England) with lots of Asian influence, you still see a lot of Avensis taxis, and Prius taxis. They are rife in Warrington.

I saw a Black T5 Transporter today and thought of this thread :sly:

The dark blue ones seem to be more common around here. With a set of low profile-tyred Audi wheels, a floral leis hanging from the rear view mirror and a cornish flag sticker in the rear window. Naturally. Middle class taking-your-kids-to-the-beach mobile.

Full sized trucks and SUVs being driven by small middle aged women with no kids and no need for something that big aside from the "safety" it brings them.
As far as safety goes SUV's roll over easier than a passenger car due to a higher center of gravity.

The dark blue ones seem to be more common around here. With a set of low profile-tyred Audi wheels, a floral leis hanging from the rear view mirror and a cornish flag sticker in the rear window. Naturally. Middle class taking-your-kids-to-the-beach mobile.

Yeah they always have window stickers :lol: and it always relates to outdoor activities like surfing, biking etc.

Crew-cab trucks.

All of them.

Except the most basically equipped ones.

Even then, no.
It really is a shame that the only real way to get a standard cab truck anymore is by finding some zero-option surplus fleet vehicle. And even then the dealer will usually have the nerve to mark it up to stupid levels just because it's a truck. :grumpy:

As someone from the Northeast, I can say that new Jettas are literally everywhere, and almost always in base trim.

The impressive thing about Jettas is that no matter how fast you're driving on the road, a Jetta will pass you. If there's a Jetta directly behind you, give it a minute... now they're passing you. There were a lot of these cars at my high school, mostly the 5cyl ones because nobody really hated their kids enough to gift them a 2.slow. I don't have any strong feelings about these cars, but they really attracted all the typical teenage driving habits.

2011_Volkswagen_Jetta_--_02-02-2011.jpg

There's a kid at work with a 5 cylinder Rabbit/Golf, he put the full Golf R exhaust on it and I have to say the sound is probably the only redeeming factor it has.

I always see 1957 Chevrolet's. I saw one last night and I see them almost every other day for some reason.
Not that that's a problem, nor I'm tired of seeing them. I just find it weird that I see so many.
bea283020f83fd92eb5c0dd8eba6f5a8.jpg

Nothing wrong with a 50s Chevy especially if it has a blower
6CB50ACA-7226-40D2-A1BB-66862C9F27E1.jpeg

Or is a gasser
6E6FE64A-1291-4EE5-B0A6-2D2600EFF559.jpeg

I’m tired of seeing any Malibu, 300, or generic 4 door v6 sedan/coupe.

I always see 1957 Chevrolet's. I saw one last night and I see them almost every other day for some reason.
Not that that's a problem, nor I'm tired of seeing them. I just find it weird that I see so many.
bea283020f83fd92eb5c0dd8eba6f5a8.jpg

Dude, based on (all of) your posts, I'm pretty sure you are posting from 1957.

On topic:

This is quite specific to my location, but I am very sick of seeing Mustang and Camaro convertibles (rental) full of like 3-5 19 year-old bros on vacation. I see that vehicle/occupant combination 5-10 times every day during peak season....my office just happens to be on a main thoroughfare to Fisherman's Wharf. :lol:

Reviving this thread. This isn't a specific vehicle, but one thing I've grown sick of seeing regularly is base-spec mid-size sedans (Camry, Altima, Fusion, etc) in mundane colors. It makes sense to get a cheaper, more compact car in base trim (Versa, Fit, Yaris, etc), so I don't see why I see far more base Camries than higher-trimmed ones. Wouldn't a Corolla with a boatload of options that's the same price of the base Camry be a more sensible buy?

View attachment 761640

This may shock you, but I don't think I'm mentioning any new ideas here:

Four adults don't want to travel in a Yaris, Fit, or Versa. Maybe on short trips, but that's it.

The average US family consists of four people. They carry things.

Couples go out together. (See above.)

People buy stuff and have to fit it inside the vehicle.

The gas tank range stinks on compact cars.

Good luck easily fitting and removing two full-size pieces of luggage in many sub-compacts.

Average United Statesian doesn't pay much more for entry-level mid-sized car, and licensing, insurance, or registration taxes/fees aren't much greater (if at all). Probably sees larger car as prestigious, more comfortable, and safer, doesn't care as much about being more nimble or having better fuel economy.

Now, a couple or single person doesn't really need that much vehicle (half of the country could literally get by with a subcompact) but maybe their ubiquity and sales figures tells you that the mid-size it's just about right for many.

...Yes, I still Drive this small car on weekends Disclaimer

Last edited:
Although there are no cars I specifically get sick of seeing, this car always parks opposite mine making it really difficult to leave the house. I have therefore a special hatred for maroon Peugeot’s!

45E6F16F-456C-40B6-A5FC-2C80A48AE92C.jpeg

5a76ee44c04958f220edae0ae2301500_orig.jpg

These. Everywhere. With the exact same paintjob and plastic parts.

maxresdefault.jpg

Every 20th car is this. It's so sad people are so losing interest in the car culture that they just need a car which has four wheels and goes.

1.jpg

I like Volkswagens, but the Golf mk3 is their worst design ever. Of course, with full plastic parts and in this ugly "green". Oh and of course these are in the possible worst conditions too, leaving fogs after them. :indiff:

1.jpg

I like Volkswagens, but the Golf mk3 is their worst design ever. Of course, with full plastic parts and in this ugly "green". Oh and of course these are in the possible worst conditions too, leaving fogs after them. :indiff:

I haven’t seen many Mk3s on the road lately, I have the 2.0 16v ABF going in my Mk2, that’s a fantastic engine.

In my opinion, the worst one was the Mk4, truly the worst ever Golf GTI.

32 Ford.
Toyota Echo.
Fiat Freemont/Dodge Journey.
Toyota Kluger.
Ford EcoSport.
Toyota RAV4.
Mitsubishi Outlander.
Mitsubishi Pajero.
Peugeot 308 Wagon.
ANY DAEWOO.
Toyota Hiace.

There is no car I'm tired of seeing. It would be the same as asking, what kind of girl are you tired of seeing? :D

:P
I wanted to make the same remark minus the girl part until I saw that I already posted it. What I can add is that I love cars, so why should I be tired of seeing certain cars?

Bit of a stretch calling this a car. But during summer, the town I live in is full of these. (I unfortunately live near the beach) So tired of seeing the Polaris Slingshots. Always get non-car people I know going "Hey! Look at that cool thing!"
polaris_slingshot010.jpg

Honda HR-V

Unofficially the most common vehicle on suburban NJ roads, dethroning the Rogue, CRV, and Equinox. HRV's are literally everywhere. For such a small CUV, these things sell far more than I ever expected. To be fair, the HRV is fairly good-looking for a subcompact crossover, but the fact that I see one basically at every stoplight makes me not care at all how it looks. Still, I'd much rather see these everywhere than the funky-looking Toyota CH-R.​

Back