Casey's cars: send flex tape

• Thread starter Casey
  • 36 comments
United States
AL
GTP_Casey
CaseyP15279
Here is my 944 na 2.5 it is my first car i've owned so far and it has been a great car so far. Drove perfect the day i got it then things happened as always with these cars. Just simple things it was just hard to figure out to what the problems, it was just the sensor wires and the ground battery wire. It is an automatic, I do like manuals better of course but my parents wanted me to get automatic. I paid $1700 for it and another $600 for parts and such. its originally guards red with fuchs wheels and its a 1986.

List of the changes that have been made
-ecu chip
-Long tube header (custom made I think)
-cold air intake
-Moroso oil catch can
-Power steering belt taking off (not done by me but i like it without power steering honestly)
-Pro comp ignition coil

Some Things needed fixing or replacing
-Paint obviously last owner made the hood and roof primer.
-Front valence spoiler
-Dent on the fender.
-The AC cause you start sweating when you get in.
-Center caps

Updating the photos soon™...
0724161745c.jpg
DSCF0057.JPG
DSCF0065.JPG

Last edited:
I am really suprised when I go some where and people come up and talk to me about the car.

Last edited:
Good news I've learned where the options code stickers is at. (since I'm missing the build sheet:indiff:) It is right in the middle of the tail light housings inside the hatch.

CO2 = 48 state emisions

g72 = hatch lock?

018 = Sports steering wheel with elevated hub 30 mm

383 = Sports seat, left, electrical height adjustment

401 = 15" Fuchs wheels :D:D:D

454 = Automatic speed control
(cruise control I think.)

533 = Alarm

650 = Detachable roof (from MY1984 electrical)

946 = Leather front seats with leatherette rear side

Attachments

• IMG_20151004_162344_0.jpg
    IMG_20151004_162344_0.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Small update.

Well I broke the right tail light a few months ago cause I got in rush to get to school and backed into a metal chair in my back yard :( yhea I was late that day. (needed replacing anyways honestly)

It was a really easy install.
(phone pictures)

Old tail light.
1227151537a.jpg
1227151501.jpg
Replacement tail light
1227151532a.jpg

And I got this
DSC_7167.JPG

DSC_7174.JPG

Last edited:
God that AL tag looks so damn tacky on the back of that.

Question: Do both lights pop up still?
Is it because it's an AL tag or is it because it's suppose to be on the bottom?

Yes they both do still work.

Is it because it's an AL tag
Well, not really (Georgia now has an even uglier one.. I'd rather opt for the old one) but yes in a way (I mean, it's not the best looking tag out there).

The car was made for European tags, so having a more boxy one just looks... Ew.

Georgia has a used tag something like this
m48glcp2WYkOqNg77I_dR1g.jpg

Antique tags like this
ga-k.jpg

I know that you can also get European plates transferred into GA systems, but there's no way of getting a Euro styled, GA tag (if that makes sense to you).

Well, not really (Georgia now has an even uglier one.. I'd rather opt for the old one) but yes in a way (I mean, it's not the best looking tag out there).

The car was made for European tags, so having a more boxy one just looks... Ew.

Georgia has a used tag something like this
m48glcp2WYkOqNg77I_dR1g.jpg

Antique tags like this
ga-k.jpg

I know that you can also get European plates transferred into GA systems, but there's no way of getting a Euro styled, GA tag (if that makes sense to you).

Yea I agree it's not really the best looking tag.

This one actually had a center light bar in the center but my light bar is extremely faded and has spider web cracks everywhere unfortunately.

I see what you mean by they were made for European tags.

Last edited:
So I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need to get some new tires soon but I don't know much about tires and could use some recommendations and the size I'm needing is 215 60R 15in, need some that last a good while.

Edit: I found some they're Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S but I'm not so sure yet.

Other than that all I've done to it since my last update is replace the passenger window regulator and motor with a new one that works great and a new battery, plus it's still running great after a year now. :)

Last edited:
So I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need to get some new tires soon but I don't know much about tires and could use some recommendations and the size I'm needing is 215 60R 15in, need some that last a good while.

Edit: I found some they're Fallen ZIEX ZE950 A/S but I'm not so sure yet.

Other than that all I've done to it since my last update is replace the passenger window regulator and motor with a new one that works great and a new battery, plus it's still running great after a year now. :)
I have those Falkens on the front of my car, they're alright. Nothing special.

Small update: I've redone one of the wheels as I'm working on the rest of them one at a time. They were painted over on the silver area :indiff: but they are now shiny. :)
1128161305_HDR.jpg

A wheel stud had to be cut off unfortunately cause a lug nut was just not wanting to come off. This wheel also seems to have the most damage on it out of all of them.

Should be getting some new tires sometime next month as well.

Small update: I've redone one of the wheels as I'm working on the rest of them one at a time. They were painted over on the silver area :indiff: but they are now shiny. :)
View attachment 610843
A wheel stud had to be cut off unfortunately cause a lug nut was just not wanting to come off. This wheel also seems to have the most damage on it out of all of them.

Should be getting some new tires sometime next month as well.
You are going to replace the stud though right? If not you're running some high risks as your wheel's balance will be thrown off as well as possible warping to the rim itself.

I'll just add a few more Monte Carlo LT pics here. :)
20171229_141517.jpg
20171229_141458.jpg

I've always been a fan of how the rear looks.
20171229_141553.jpg
It's
20171229_141652.jpg

It's pretty clean for a car that got used for college mostly. I'm just gonna clean it up some more and repaint the front bumper...eventually.

I'm mostly happy for the working a/c. :lol:

Nice! I still think of NASCAR every time i think of these late 90's Monte Carlo.

Oh and what about the Porsche 944?

(6222 posts yay!)

Nice! I still think of NASCAR every time i think of these late 90's Monte Carlo.

Oh and what about the Porsche 944?

(6222 posts yay!)
This one is actually an early 2000's one but I do the same. :lol:

Right now the 944 is kinda broken but it's just the fuel pump, fuel filter and is needing tires badly so it has been sitting for a while now sadly. I plan to keep it and continue working on it as much can.

Took the time today to clean up the engine bay on the Monte Carlo.

Before
20180325_114131.jpg

After
20180325_150751.jpg

Still some more to be done but it's much better.

I took off the plastic cover on top and the one on the bottom. It helped the airflow some.

Back