Casino Royale w/Bonus James Bond Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter a6m5
  • 34 comments
  • 2,054 views

What's your take on Daniel Craig as the new Bond?(Please watch the trailer first)


  • Total voters
    35

a6m5

#ChopOn
Premium
Messages
26,628
United States
OREGON
Messages
a6m5zero
I think most of you are aware of the new James Bond movie that is due out November 17, called "Casino Royale". It is somewhat controversial, because of the brand new "James Bond", now played by Daniel Craig.

Craig was not the first choice to play Bond for most people. I think he's a good actor, personally, but just does not strike me as a James Bond. My coworker who recently caught the preview of the "Casino Royale" not only liked the trailer, but he was very excited about Daniel Craig. He, like myself(and million others), were hoping for Clive Owen to be the next Bond, so I was bit shocked to hear him rave about this new trailer, which can be seen here. Oh, yeah, he also said that Craig is his favorite Bond, ever. It's not ever out yet. :lol:

I've watched it. I realize that he saw it on a giant theatre screen, but I'm still not convinced. What do you guys think?
 
Booo bring back Sean Connery!!!
Then again Im biased.
I didnt like Roger Moore
Clive Owen would rock...
But Pierce Brosnan is the best.
 
:lol: I love Sean Connery, but I think he's bit too old for the starring role in Bond films anymore. Pierce Brosnan is great, but to be honest, his Bond movies were starting to get boring for me.
 
a6m5
:lol: I love Sean Connery, but I think he's bit too old for the starring role in Bond films anymore. Pierce Brosnan is great, but to be honest, his Bond movies were starting to get boring for me.

That was almost word for word what I was gonna say.
 
a6m5
:lol: I love Sean Connery, but I think he's bit too old for the starring role in Bond films anymore. Pierce Brosnan is great, but to be honest, his Bond movies were starting to get boring for me.

That was almost word for word what I was gonna say.

edit: :grumpy:
 
I didn't even know who Daniel Craig was until I watched L4yer C4ke (excellent movie, by the way). But I think he will do just fine. Though no one can top Sean Connery or Roger Moore.
 
I think this makes the character more modern now, if thats a good thing is yet to be seen but that preview seems fine. 👍
 
I've always backed Daniel Craig since we heard he might be the next Bond, i'm still sure he's going to do a good job. I've just watched that trailer and thought it looks very promising. Lots of action, hot chicks, crazed baddies and Astons-a-plenty; it's still a great formula :) Gotta wait till November though!
 
I think Daniel Craig actually is alright as James Bond. I also like Clive Owen, but he's nowhere near a Bond for me, way too american. This movie will have a much bigger problem - Hollywood.
The latest bonds were suffering from the "let's just put a lot of money in, and it will automatically be a good movie"-syndrome. Watching the trailer, this one
doesn't seem to be of much difference. What I missed in that trailer was something like a story being told, it was just Bond, the some action and girls, and that's it. Of course, I can't finalise that opinion as long as I haven't seen the movie, it's just that I'm afraid it won't be a good one, and it will not be Craigs fault.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
Clive Owen is English, not American, he doesn't sound American unless he's meant to in a role. He was born in Coventry.
 
I didn't say he is american, but be feels too much like it for my taste. :sly:

EDIT: I've never heard his real voice though ...
 
He talks with a British accent in a few of his films but when he was interviewed before that film came out not long ago (I can't remember the name of it, the one with Denziel Washington) he sounded very British. I think he fit's the Bond part very well personally.
 
This one just came out on DVD. I must admit, I was pretty impressed.

This new Bond film is sort of a restart in the series, which I feel it desperately needed. Since Goldeneye, it's been on a downhill. Funny, since Casino Royale is directed by the same director as Goldeneye, Martin Campbell. This Bond relies little more on upbeat action, cinematography, plot, than say a wink at the camera, new(lame) gadgets, etc. Gadgets were so cool when I was a kid(think decades ago), but they simply couldn't carry Bond films anymore. That's my feeling on that.

The foot chase in the beginning was very cool, until it just became completely unbelievable. When the stunt is crazier than Jackie Chan movie, well, it better be a Jackie Chan movie, because it wouldn't help a movie like this. Overall, it was still a great chase, however.

The biggest question is the new Bond. Same coworker who I mentioned in the first post, he's the one who loaned me this DVD. He now declares that Craig is the real Bond, and he's the best Bond ever. While I won't take it nearly as far as he has, you gotta give credit where it's due. Daniel Craig has done a heck of job. 👍 Last few years, I've considered the Bourne Identity as the best spy/espionage film. They did such a good job with Casino Royale, that while I'm still pretty sure Bourne is better, I need to rewatch it before I can decide for sure.

I recommend it, I'm going to buy it....... I have the entire Bond collection on DVD, so it's not like I had a choice anyway. ;)
 
Credit where credit is due is that if I could re-do my vote for this poll I'd have chosen option 1.
 
I did not enjoy this movie at all. I like all the other Bond movies with the tricked out cars, fun gadgets, and explosive action scenes. I almost did not make it to the end. Daniel Craig did a great job as an actor but he was just placed into a terrible movie IMO. 👎 👎
Oh woops I thought the vote was for the movie. I voted no on the movie but Daniel Craig is actually pretty good as Bond.
Movie--bad
Daniel Craig--good
 
I thought the over done gadgets and explosions in the other Bonds were thier bad points, the fact this one had less of them made the movie better imo. It was one of the best Bond movies in a long, long time.
 
I thought the over done gadgets and explosions in the other Bonds were thier bad points, the fact this one had less of them made the movie better imo. It was one of the best Bond movies in a long, long time.

There are too many 80's style Bond film rip-offs being made at the moment - Mission Impossible, Bourne, XXX or anything Jason Statham does :rolleyes:
IMO Bond needed to go back to its roots as a thriller rather than an a full-on action film. Casino Royale does it really well.
 
The first "Bourne" & the "Mission Impossible", I thought surpassed the Bond films of their time. Then, IMO, were followed by dissapointing sequels.

Actually, "Bourne Supremacy" was pretty good. I hope the new one's better though.
 
Yeah, the Bourne films were pretty good imo, Mission Impossible was good, the second was pants, the third could have been good had the director not played it safe in a few key areas.
 
I thought the over done gadgets and explosions in the other Bonds were thier bad points, the fact this one had less of them made the movie better imo.
The problem I see is that the general concensus (ie. my peers, teachers and the like) is that the gadgets are a big reason to go see the films and see how they can be intergrated into the plot (or lackthereof, for a few movies). I personally dislike Craig in the role, but I do agree he did it well and that the movie (while a little boring in parts) was also done nicely. I agree that the trimming of gadgets was a good idea, but they did it just a little too much in this one for many people's liking.

But what do I know? Both of Dalton's movies are in my Top 5.
 
I thought Timothy Dalton was a pretty cool Bond. One of my favorites, but then again, they all kind of are. :p George Lazenby would be my least favorite Bond though.....
 
well, having now seen the movie, i can say i am very pleased with Daniel. he is awesome. period.
 
I liked the more serious more REALISTIC feel of this Bond. Plus Daniel Craig does a great job bringing the Sean Connery feel back :)

That and any movie thats climax is a poker game well...thats just different :p
 
Unfortunatele I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with this one, it just didn't have the 007 feel to it. However I think Craig did an excellent job playing the part, I can't quite describe it, but though he was very good, the movie as a whole did not say 007
 
To me it just didn't say Pierce Brosnan Bond, but it most certainly said 007. A lot of people forget what Jame Bond movies were like, recall them as all being like all like Die Another Day.
 
A lot of people forget what Jame Bond movies were like, recall them as all being like all like Die Another Day.
Really? Ew. Even A View to a Kill was better than Die Another Day.
 
see thats just the thing, I watch the old movies all the time and haven't seen a Pierce one in maybe 6 months, and it still didnt seem right. Definately didn't feel like enough closure, and it was missing some of the things I've come to expect from both classic and modern Bond films.
 
Really? Ew. Even A View to a Kill was better than Die Another Day.
Ofcourse it was, it had Christopher Walken in it.
 
Hey, we have to remember that, "Casino Royale" is the beginning of the Bond series. I wasn't crazy about Daniel Craig as Bond, at least in the beginning, but I thought he portrayed the brand new, rough around the edges "00" Agent real well.
 
Back