Casual night racingPC 

• Thread starter fasj6418
  • 55 comments
Brazil
Camboriu - Braz
FASJ6418
I believe this is necessary since every thread is about the PS4 version.

There are a lot of time consuming and complicated leagues out there, but not enough good casual races.

That´s why i´m posting this, and if you´re in the same boat, we could have a GTP nightly lobby giving us a chance to have some clean races with some variety and fun.

I´m online usually from 8PM to 11:30PM EST time, feel free to join.

Steam name is seattle6418

I think we need something like this, because the lobbies on PC are few, repetitive (everyone just races GT3 cars) and most of them are just 3-4 player races.

I´ve always thought a regular GTP lobby was a good idea for games like this, so i´m just throwing the idea here to see if we can get 10-15 people every night to join the fun.

Although I tend to lean toward the hardcore racer end of the spectrum, I can appreciate some relaxed random racing sometimes. I wouldn't mind at all getting to drive some of the non-race cars every here and there. It's definitely something not very popularized on the PC side of things.

I do like the hardcore races, i guess i´m very much in this group, however, some of the long leagues are very hard to follow due to real life stuff.

That´s why i think some one off races are good because sometimes you just want to play (kind of like one would enter a Call of Duty lobby for some quick fix), so that´s the purpose of having a GTP lobby every now and then.

That's a great idea. That'd be real nice to have a Steam group. I'm far from being the fastest though, but I do race clean haha!

Steam: Boydosaurus

I'd be up for the occasional race, schedule permitting. Steam name is the same my screen name.

There just seems to be a general lack of any PC leagues for this game on this site.

I am a long time controller iser (since GT 1) just now getting into a cockpit. Gotta wait for my wheelbase to be returned to me however. Had some sort of firmware glitch.

G25 user here. I´m buying a Fanatec CSL set, but i guess it still going to take a month or two for the upgrade.

I guess i had a bad ping, yesterday i couldn´t get more than three people on the lobby. Since we don´t have quick matchmaking, we´re still scratching heads to figure out a way to populate good lobbies on a regular basis.

I've sent all you guys friend requests. Are you all using wheel setups?

I see Tylenol is joining me in the CanAm series. Sweet!
I was looking at the CanAm.
I am a long time controller iser (since GT 1) just now getting into a cockpit. Gotta wait for my wheelbase to be returned to me however. Had some sort of firmware glitch.
Which wheel base did you go with?

I was looking at the CanAm.

Which wheel base did you go with?

I just got done practicing with a few of the CanAm guys for the "Meet & Greet" preseason race that is tomorrow. Those guys are fast!.. and they know their way around a full sim series. Tuning, pit strategies etc.

Fanatec Clubsport. It glitched on me though and after a few emails I had to send it in for service. I haven't even got to use it with my rig yet as it went wacky on me right out of the gate. Weird. They're taking care of me though, so I'm not really upset about the inconvenience. Customer Service is important to me and this is precisely why I spend the $$$ on Fanatec gear.

Well, let's try another time. There's only a small handful of us.

I'm generally available most nights except Saturdays due to CamAm series.

I believe this is necessary since every thread is about the PS4 version.

There are a lot of time consuming and complicated leagues out there, but not enough good casual races.

That´s why i´m posting this, and if you´re in the same boat, we could have a GTP nightly lobby giving us a chance to have some clean races with some variety and fun.

I´m online usually from 8PM to 11:30PM EST time, feel free to join.

Steam name is seattle6418

I think we need something like this, because the lobbies on PC are few, repetitive (everyone just races GT3 cars) and most of them are just 3-4 player races.

I´ve always thought a regular GTP lobby was a good idea for games like this, so i´m just throwing the idea here to see if we can get 10-15 people every night to join the fun.

I would like to join this group as well, mindful clean racing. Steam name - MuddS56

Well, let's try another time. There's only a small handful of us.

I'm generally available most nights except Saturdays due to CamAm series.

Yep, i ended up not finding anybody... i´ll be on later on tonight, would be nice if a person with a good connection can set up the lobby, because every time i try it ends up being the ghost town, since i´m on Brazil and it´s always going to show up as a bad connection for most.

My car won´t be flying on your screen, it´s not game breaking bad connection.

I'm going to be on a lot Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and a little bit the other nights. You guys wanna get a standing car/track combo for each week? If a few of us are on then we can get a room together with that combo. The racing is always better when people are more familiar with the track and car

A little casual racing this evening? I can squeeze in about an hour, say 9 EST.

Somebody pick a car.
Somebody pick a track.

Repeat above.

What about format? 20 min practice, 5-7 lap races? Damage and penalties off? Penalties on?

What's your flavor?

In order :P
Group C, Caterham SPwhatever, Porsche GT3 or Caymen?
Brno, Donington, Hockenheim National.

Not that I can guarantee I'll be there though since I'll be working tonight.

Ill be online, i can try to set up the room. 15 minutes qualy and 7 lap races?

If my ping is bad then somebody else should host it, but lets see...

Ill be on around 8pm est i think, until 11.

Add me if im still not on your friends list.

What are we going to do about communications. I use Teamspeak witht the CanAm guys, but I'm still pretty new to the whole PC gaming thing. I've never set up a chat before.

Back