Casual night racingPC 

• Thread starter fasj6418
  • 55 comments
That was fun last night.

1. Public lobbies bring the jerks. I feel once we get a decent amount of drivers here, we should go private.
  2. Format was good. For casual racing I kinda like no notice combos as long as we have some time to practice. The longer qually and lack of a "practice session" works here.
  3. Wouldn't mind 1 more race in a two hour span, bit that might have too many drawbacks or limitations. If the races were planned we could shorten thing up and still have an opportunity for clean, competitive racing. Give and take.
Thoughts?

That was fun last night.

1. Public lobbies bring the jerks. I feel once we get a decent amount of drivers here, we should go private.
  2. Format was good. For casual racing I kinda like no notice combos as long as we have some time to practice. The longer qually and lack of a "practice session" works here.
  3. Wouldn't mind 1 more race in a two hour span, bit that might have too many drawbacks or limitations. If the races were planned we could shorten thing up and still have an opportunity for clean, competitive racing. Give and take.
Thoughts?

It was, we could only do three races, but it was nice. I´ll get a working headset for the teamspeak stuff, it´s annoying to type everything and a live mic would be good to help set things up.

1 - Yes, but so far it´s a necessity. We just need to level our friends up and restrict the lobby to E or D rating. Maybe later we can use passwords and stuff, but if we restrict right now we will only have 2-3 player races.

2 - I was going to suggest smaller qualys, but if it serves the purpose of a practice (and getting time for people to join) than i guess it´s fine to have 20 minutes.

3 - Yes, we could do one longer race and two or three smaller ones, i was thinking on getting the races and qualys in a 30 minute slot, that way in two hours we could do at least four races.

We do need to sort the lobby options, that race in Daytona was a mess with cars that were totally unmatched.

For tonight i was thinking:

1 - Touring cars at Zolder
2 - Group C at Le Mans
3 - Road A at Spa
4 - KTM Bow at Silverstone

But, of course, open to suggestions at any time. Just throwing something out there to see what you guys think. I´ll be online at the same time, and the host being american helped, at one point we had 11 people in the lobby.

I'm open to any car/track combo. Are we using Teamspeak then? I've been sim racing a long time but mostly offline. I'm still a novice at joining online racing events but it's time for me to get involved especially with the new PC2 release. So any tips for finding the lobby, signing in, etc. would be appreciated. Expect to see me tonight. Thanks.

I won't be online tonight. I'll be preparing for Saturday's CanAm race the next couple days when I am gaming.

I'm open to any car/track combo. Are we using Teamspeak then? I've been sim racing a long time but mostly offline. I'm still a novice at joining online racing events but it's time for me to get involved especially with the new PC2 release. So any tips for finding the lobby, signing in, etc. would be appreciated. Expect to see me tonight. Thanks.

Add us on Steam, mine is Seattle6418

We´re not using teamspeak as of right now, but i think it would be good in the future. I´ll get a headset first. Usually the name of the lobby is GTP related, so it´s easy to find. We´ll send and invite if it´s needed.

Add us on Steam, mine is Seattle6418

We´re not using teamspeak as of right now, but i think it would be good in the future. I´ll get a headset first. Usually the name of the lobby is GTP related, so it´s easy to find. We´ll send and invite if it´s needed.
Thanks for the input. If I'm reading this right, it looks like there will be activity tonight right? I have a headset/mic is there info on how to communicate? Thanks.

Thanks for the input. If I'm reading this right, it looks like there will be activity tonight right? I have a headset/mic is there info on how to communicate? Thanks.

I think FasJ said he'll be online tonight, but he does not yet have a microphone so his only method of communication online is through game chat or Steam chat. I will not be online tonight however. I'm actually going to jump on right now and do a little bit of practice offline, but then it's on to the t.v. for ALDS Game 1.

It's Tribe Time!

Going to add you guys, I'm online infrequently, so casual racing is the only thing I can do.
My steam is Balancer, so if you see invite that's me.

Last edited:
I´ll try to get a lobby up tonight, around 8pm EST or so.

I was thinking about TC class and some other cars that we usually don´t see often in the lobbies.

There´s always a GT3 lobby somewhere for the same old same old.

I´ll try to get a lobby up tonight, around 8pm EST or so.

I was thinking about TC class and some other cars that we usually don´t see often in the lobbies.

There´s always a GT3 lobby somewhere for the same old same old.
How late do you guys usually stay until? I usually only can get on after 11pm EST (or later), just want to see if I should look out for the lobby. Is there a common name/password you use?

i´ll try to stay until 12 or 1am if people are still there.

I´ll just use the name of the thread to make things easier. I´m also testing the discord server to see if it helps anything.

I would like to invite everybody here to join the CanAm group (link in my signature). Even though the league is structured and fairly serious, these guys are all about enjoying good racing and there are members online pretty much every night of the week. The great part is that they are not always practicing for league events. The group also enjoys doing random one-off type races. For instance we ran LMP900/GT1 at Hockenheim last night which was a lot of fun. And even though there were guys that didn't know the track well or didn't know the car well (me), it was still solid, honest & enjoyable casual racing.

@fasj6418
@FuriousDemon
@Football67611
@LarrySteward
@Tyl3n0L
@Drex124
@VonSlamStone
@MSchneider
@TommySalami

i´ll try to stay until 12 or 1am if people are still there.

I´ll just use the name of the thread to make things easier. I´m also testing the discord server to see if it helps anything.

Nice, fun racing last night. Never drove the stock car or done much oval racing, but it surpassed my expectations. I guess if everyone is of a similar skill rating it can be fun. Although I DO need a cruise control button, my right foot was tired by having to constantly keep it to the floor :)
I would like to invite everybody here to join the CanAm group (link in my signature). Even though the league is structured and fairly serious, these guys are all about enjoying good racing and there are members online pretty much every night of the week. The great part is that they are not always practicing for league events. The group also enjoys doing random one-off type races. For instance we ran LMP900/GT1 at Hockenheim last night which was a lot of fun. And even though there were guys that didn't know the track well or didn't know the car well (me), it was still solid, honest & enjoyable casual racing.

@fasj6418
@FuriousDemon
@Football67611
@LarrySteward
@Tyl3n0L
@Drex124
@VonSlamStone
@MSchneider
@TommySalami
I raced with @crowhop and some other members last night at Algrave in GT1 class. It was fun :)

Nice, fun racing last night. Never drove the stock car or done much oval racing, but it surpassed my expectations. I guess if everyone is of a similar skill rating it can be fun. Although I DO need a cruise control button, my right foot was tired by having to constantly keep it to the floor :)

I raced with @crowhop and some other members last night at Algrave in GT1 class. It was fun :)

Ahhh, cool. Yes, that's the track they went to after Hockenheim. I went to bed before that one.

I'm interested in doing more Oval stuff. I've run the Stock Car at Indy and it was great fun. I loved driving it on the edge around all four corners of that track. I haven't done Daytona or Texas yet, though. I'm betting Daytona would be a blast with the right group.

I'm interested in doing more Oval stuff. I've run the Stock Car at Indy and it was great fun. I loved driving it on the edge around all four corners of that track. I haven't done Daytona or Texas yet, though. I'm betting Daytona would be a blast with the right group.
We did Texas and Daytona in stock car and finished at Indy with Formula Rookie. Texas is a tricky one, will need to learn it

We did Texas and Daytona in stock car and finished at Indy with Formula Rookie. Texas is a tricky one, will need to learn it
In real life, on worn tires, they start coasting for T1 just after the Start/Finish. I wonder how true to life it is.

I totally intend to learn about oval racing soon. I've watched NASCAR for years but could never get into the games because, well... they're crappy.

I totally intend to learn about oval racing soon. I've watched NASCAR for years but could never get into the games because, well... they're crappy.
On PC, the cheap and easy way is to get a ripped copy of NASCAR Season 2003. All these years later, it is still the foundation of what is today's iRacing and still the best complete game available. With the updated mods and skins available for it, not even Heat 2 is nearly as good.

The expensive and most realistic option is iRacing. But you have to buy the cars and the tracks and you have to level up to even be able to use the content you've purchased against any competition.

Everything else is just a game with varying degrees of realism.

In CanAm, DC is an iRacing oval guy. Runs in a couple of leagues. He's quite good. Good guy, too. His love for iRacing Ovals is one reason we don't see him much in pc2.

On PC, the cheap and easy way is to get a ripped copy of NASCAR Season 2003. All these years later, it is still the foundation of what is today's iRacing and still the best complete game available. With the updated mods and skins available for it, not even Heat 2 is nearly as good.

The expensive and most realistic option is iRacing. But you have to buy the cars and the tracks and you have to level up to even be able to use the content you've purchased against any competition.

Everything else is just a game with varying degrees of realism.

In CanAm, DC is an iRacing oval guy. Runs in a couple of leagues. He's quite good. Good guy, too. His love for iRacing Ovals is one reason we don't see him much in pc2.

Yeah, I was talking to him the other day on TS.

The only reason I've never gotten into the NASCAR games before was due to how horrible they are to play with a controller. 750hp like an on/off switch.

My availability is fairly open on the weekends till 5:00 PM Central. During the week usually from 3-6:00 PM. Those are my only available times really.

I really like Texas with the Fusion, you really need to brake, so it feels like there´s some driving going on. Daytona can be fun, but you need a good group for some pack racing. The aero in this game is very well done, it´s a shame they haven´t put yellow flags by design, because online could be something. It still can, depending on the patches.

I´ll try to get something up tonight as well.

Back