Catching a BMW M3 whit an Abarth Punto Project

• Thread starter Shady3MC
  • 34 comments
Argentina
Argentina
Shady3mc
A friend (@Sleepy3MC ) owns a Fiat Punto and his dream car is a BMW M3. One day at home I decided trying to match the M3’s performance with his own car. I choose the Suzuka Circuit to do it, because it’s a mix between fast straights and challenging corners, so your car has to be well balanced.

The idea was to get consistent lap times, spending the less possible money and see what’s cheaper, to buy an M3 or to tune an Abarth Punto

Here are the results:
Catch the M3.jpg

I finally catch the M3 with the little Fiat, it was more expensive that just buying the bimmer, but also was my funniest afternoon with GT6

Hope you enjoy it!!

PS: I just took the Bimmer Rims as a trophy...
Punto M3 Wheels.jpg

Last edited:
The Punto is a really nice car. Better than I expect at least. Stock suspension or Racing Suspension Soft works better though.

Good boy (or man? :lol:)! Hacking is stupid. And remember, a former GT5 hacker told you that haha.

Oh, and nice job on 'shopping the M3 rims onto the Punto.

The Punto is a really nice car. Better than I expect at least. Stock suspension or Racing Suspension Soft works better though.

I was on a budget so I don't wanted to try a softer Suspension setting and have to spend more money later
Thanks for the advice!!

My best time on SH tires without oil change or any other mods:

2:20.141 - 488 PP - BMW M3 Coupe '07
2:38.672 - 376 PP - Abarth Grande Punto '09

Difference of 18.531 seconds. No surprise that I'm faster than you considering I've logged over 12k miles on Suzuka...

Good boy (or man? :lol:)! Hacking is stupid. And remember, a former GT5 hacker told you that haha.

Oh, and nice job on 'shopping the M3 rims onto the Punto.

It's actually men, but i fell like a boy ;)
Don't mind if you hack to play offline (for looks, camber, or just past the game with a Ford Ka shell), but dont really get it to online

My best time on SH tires without oil change or any other mods:

2:20.141 - 488 PP - BMW M3 Coupe '07
2:38.672 - 376 PP - Abarth Grande Punto '09

Difference of 18.531 seconds. No surprise that I'm faster than you considering I've logged over 12k miles on Suzuka...

That's not fair, you are SuzukaStar ;)
Men I love your posts

Ps: on my defense I only put 3-4 laps with the M3, I may shave 1.5/2 secs of that time, anyway you're still faster than me

Great job! As much as I love the M3, seeing a Punto Abarth matching an M3, makes me really happy! (Huge fan of Italian cars, and Abarth, so that might be the reason :dopey:)

Anyways, I would love to see another comparison between two other cars!

YZF
It also depends on the track, sometimes a lot. On Monza you may not be able to catch M3, even with full tune, but on Laguna Seca or Brands Hatch this may be a different story

I know, that's why I choose Suzuka, seems a good choice for the layout (and because I love that track)

Great job! As much as I love the M3, seeing a Punto Abarth matching an M3, makes me really happy! (Huge fan of Italian cars, and Abarth, so that might be the reason :dopey:)

Anyways, I would love to see another comparison between two other cars!

Thanks!!

I'm working on a bigger one, trying to match a Ferrari 458 with a couple of FF cars (Golf GTI 01 & 05, Focus RS and probably the Megane RS)

Maybe you could suggest me one

I didn't see you purchase tires at all in those charts for the Abarth... Normal driving tires don't last or drive too good on a track.

And a triple clutch thingy is not what you want, but rather the twin plate or whatever it is..

Thanks!!

I'm working on a bigger one, trying to match a Ferrari 458 with a couple of FF cars (Golf GTI 01 & 05, Focus RS and probably the Megane RS)

Maybe you could suggest me one

You could try an Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4, Fiat 500 Abarth, or as you mentioned, an VW Golf GTI, `05.

I didn't see you purchase tires at all in those charts for the Abarth... Normal driving tires don't last or drive too good on a track.

And a triple clutch thingy is not what you want, but rather the twin plate or whatever it is..

Tires were the first things I change (SH to match the ones in the M3)
Why do you recomend the Twin plate over the Triple plate clutch?

Tires were the first things I change (SH to match the ones in the M3)
Why do you recomend the Twin plate over the Triple plate clutch?
I've noticed the twin plate in some cars to be faster in stretched transmission, and drag transmissions.. However, in between there is a subtle difference, but it's there..

Unless recent updates have affected this, I have used twin plates from the start..

You could try an Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4, Fiat 500 Abarth, or as you mentioned, an VW Golf GTI, `05.

I don't think the little 1.4T could catch a 458 (neither the 1.8T of a Golf '01, but I love VW's) but I can try...Both added to the list ;)

I've noticed the twin plate in some cars to be faster in stretched transmission, and drag transmissions.. However, in between there is a subtle difference, but it's there..

Unless recent updates have affected this, I have used twin plates from the start..

Thanks men, I'm gonna try it!!

Latest Posts

Back