cbc - cars by clacksman - used cars for used events

• Thread starter clacksman
  • 195 comments
They use cola in the Nascar pit stalls apparently; makes it quite sticky!:)

I have the same problem at times with the California steppin out on me; usually why I go back to the GTR 07 :lol:

Yeah, that too.

I really want to use my Amuse 350Z but it just doesn't have the straightaway speed. Tuned Skyline is a great car, just gotta be careful with the throttle. I know it's a 1:38.xxx car, just gotta be smooth.

You could put a bit more + into the rear toe R1600.

I'll re-sort the OP here.

edit: sorted. Bakers' dozen for Fuji 700pp. :D

Last edited:
That's for the Amuse 350Z.

I think (on a re-reading) that you mean the Tuned Skyline Coupe.
Add rear spring and damper 1 notch at a time until you're happy.

👍

Yeah, Skyline coupe. Managed a 1:39.222 so far. I'll keep making those changes and let you know what happens.

Yeah, Skyline coupe. Managed a 1:39.222 so far. I'll keep making those changes and let you know what happens.

I found the Skyline Coupe doesn't give you much warning before it steps out, otherwise it's a beautiful car to drive.

If you get it sorted, can you post the tune so I can give it another try?

I found the Skyline Coupe doesn't give you much warning before it steps out, otherwise it's a beautiful car to drive.

If you get it sorted, can you post the tune so I can give it another try?

I tried bumping up the rear spring and damper settings a click per race. I think it helped with the higher speed stuff, but you still have to be very gentle on the throttle coming out of corners. Unfortunately that allows other drivers to pull away some. I will mess with it a bit more tonight.

I also tried the R34 Skyline a bit last night as well. Got it into the high 1:40's, but I don't believe it's any quicker than that. Even though it's making over 500hp with that tune, it sure doesn't feel like it. :crazy:

Excellent settings...just increased gear ratio.

Ferrari F430
700pp Fuji F

version 2.0

85%
R3
X
0/-20
2/5
2/4
-.07/+.10
2.5/2.0
4/5
X
32/off/1

1:39.550 PB for me. Use 3g in entire uphill section after chicane.
DS3 and interior view developed.
Feedback appreciated via post or PM.
Enjoy.

A request bro for a guy who really have no time, I hope you understand. Friday 350Z RS at Fuji? If I may request for the tune brother? Thanks a million Clacksman.

A request bro for a guy who really have no time, I hope you understand. Friday 350Z RS at Fuji? If I may request for the tune brother? Thanks a million Clacksman.

Click "Amuse 350Z - 700pp Fuji" in the OP, that's the same car. The tune isn't great but will be a better start for you than nothing.

Lancia Delta
600pp Eiger

+83
85%
R3/R1
x
10/5
8/10
-.10/-.10
2.5/1.5
4/9
x
off

1'09.855 in clean air is my PB on this setup.
Worth a try if/when you get bored of Japanese AWD cars. :sly:
DS3 developed.
Enjoy.

Hi Clarksman. Usually you make all the right choices, but the Clio / Tuned
700pp Fuji F tire choice im not too sure about. Could you see if R3/R3 works better in your opinion? Thanks :)

Hi Clacksman. Usually you make all the right choices, but the Clio / Tuned
700pp Fuji F tire choice im not too sure about. Could you see if R3/R3 works better in your opinion? Thanks :)

That post is from August 2009, before I could deal with matched tires on MR cars well.
R3 set is probably faster.
Let me see.

edit: This exact tune is still on the car so I haven't used it in the meantime. Spent a couple hours racing Fuji 700 last night so I'll see if I can improve it whilst I'm not too rusty.

edit2: that was an exercise in abject frustration, can't get within .5 of the time while chasing the ghost

Calcifer, I'd like to help but I can't seem to drive this car worth a damn. I can do 39.4 on the old (posted) setup after about ten laps. I tried R3 fronts, higher aero, a few setup tweaks and managed to go slower no matter what. Back to the posted one and 39.3. So, that "not too rusty" line doesn't seem to be correct.

What's the problem you're having with the car?

Last edited:
Thanks for putting in the time!

Not so much as a problem as I just found R3/R3 to be quicker. I'm on 38.7xx with that combo now, but know there is still time to gain. What I use now is a mix between your tune and DC suzuka.
(ofc changing drivers would help more, but that option is unavailable)

PS. There is a GTHQ (Dutch forum) event going on since today. It's Fuji 700pp in the Aston Martin DB9. So exploit one of your tunes once again : )) Also posted it on the forum, hope you don't mind (credit given).

Thanks for putting in the time!

You asked an interesting question. :)

Not so much as a problem as I just found R3/R3 to be quicker. I'm on 38.7xx with that combo now, but know there is still time to gain. What I use now is a mix between your tune and DC suzuka.

What works for you is what you're looking for; I pretty much post whatever I get up to.

(ofc changing drivers would help more, but that option is unavailable)

I would do this as well. :dopey:

PS. There is a GTHQ (Dutch forum) event going on since today. It's Fuji 700pp in the Aston Martin DB9. So exploit one of your tunes once again : )) Also posted it on the forum, hope you don't mind (credit given).

That's fine, have fun. :) 👍

I just tried the Amuse 350z tune, and it was pretty good. 👍 Still getting used to the car, so I only got it down to 1:41.5** for now. But that's two seconds quicker than I was before.

Last edited:
Audi TT
600pp Suzuka

+14
86%
R3/R1
x
+.01/-.01
1.9/2.3
5/7
x
off

2.846L
1.842L
1.09L
1.11R
.954R

Old notes are old but I ran 2'13.0 with this at the time using DS3. It seems there's a use for it out there this month. :dopey:
Enjoy.
👍

Last edited:
Audi TT
600pp Suzuka

+14
86%
R3/R1
x
+.01/-.01
1.9/2.3
5/7
x
off

2.846L
2.842L
1.09L
1.11R
.954R

Old notes are old but I ran 2'13.0 with this at the time using DS3. It seems there's a use for it out there this month. :dopey:
Enjoy.
👍

Oh yes!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:bowdown:A humble request from a mere mortal to The Gods of Tuning:bowdown: I need a tune to the Evo IX at Suzuka slim. Trying to make it for this Wednesday event man. Thank you for your help oh "God of Tuning":D

Back