CCR: Casual Community Racing (PS4)

ColouredBadger

(Banned)
England
England
ColouredBadger
i56poy.jpg

CCR is now one year old and has been an established racing group on GT6 for many months with our external, private forum. We have hosted numerous races in conjunction with GT Planet and are now expanding our horizons with the newly released Project CARS.

A little About Us

We are a Casual Racing group where nothing is taken too seriously but we race with the gentleman's driver code but we take the racing itself moderately seriously to make the races as good as possible. Our main ethos is to have fun racing properly. Anyone who has raced with us before will know exactly how we run things and, as of yet, we've not had a single dissatisfied customer.

Check out our Gran Turismo based past here and the reviews we've had from your fellow GT Planet players: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ccr-casual-community-racing-looking-for-members.315743/

Project CARS

With the release of Project CARS, CCR will be moving some of it's races over to cater for our members who have the game. As only a few CCR Members have the game at the moment (6 or 7) we want to invite some of you here on GT Planet to join in with our races online and potentially join our ranks as a regular member. The group is open to anyone who races cleanly, fairly and properly but still wants to have fun playing a game.

Please note, we are only doing the PS4 version of the game.

What We Plan To Do

We have a large selection of races planned, scoping a lot of different motorsport styles both in Championships and Single Race Nights. We will also be expanding into Multi-Class Endurance Racing when we can get a full grid of human players. With the "Fill Grid With AI" option we will always be having a full race regardless of how many attend the race nights.

Here are some races we have planned so far:
  • Ginetta G55 SuperCup
  • EuroCup Porsche Carrera
  • Renault Clio Cup
  • ADAC GT Masters
  • Blancpain GT Sprint/Endurance Series
  • American Le Mans (Multi-Class)
  • World Endurance Championship (Multi-Class - Still In Development)
  • Oulton Park Gold Cup (Still In Development)
  • Classic DTM (Still In Development)
There are many more plans to come and we will continue to involve the members in event creation and development as it is you that are racing so why not have your say in what you want to race?

We don't discriminate from any nationality, race or ability and will try to cater for everyone who wants to race.

Any AI drivers used will be set at a difficulty of 70 or 80 to account for the faster drivers in our group and to make a very close, challenging race for everyone else. If you're currently running at a lower difficulty then please don't be intimidated. We allow all driving aids and the more you race, the faster you'll become.

Some of our Endurance Races have planned to use the "Swap Driver" option but there is a rumour that this might be removed in a later patch so this idea is currently being decided upon. More information will become available on this as we now ourselves.

Our Race Rules
  • Race Cleanly and Fairly at all times
  • Overtake Responsibly - i.e no dive bombing or brake checking
  • Please try not to rage quit from a race if you crash out
  • Take care rejoining track if you spin, crash or exiting pits
  • No flashing lights to intimidate. You can however have lights ON or OFF
  • If you choose to leave the race because of an incident then please Retire To Pits instead of leaving the lobby.
All Races will be ran with Full Damage, but Mechanical Failures will be turned off due to a Manual Transmission bug. If this gets patched then Mechanical Failures will become part of our races.

We will be doing Livery Booking for players/members racing in our Championships. What this will entail is posting your chosen livery detail when we plan to start a championship and that livery will be locked off to other users. This will allow people to have a unique livery when racing. More information will follow with the coming event details.

Final Thoughts and Information

We always race in a Private Lobby to stop outsiders ruining the races, so if you are interested then we will sort out friend requests and the information you need to join our races.

The races will take part between 20:00 BST and 23:00 BST. We are allocating four hours to have practice, qualifying and races. Information on the race formats will follow in the corresponding race descriptions.

All Races will be Ran on a Wednesday as to allow us to carry on doing some GT6 Races with other members.

If you have any questions about our group then please ask them below. Anyone interested in joining our races should also post in this thread so we can sort out friend requests and race access.

Hope to see some of you around!

Last edited:
scdq8i.jpg

Our First planned Championship is a Ginetta GT4 SuperCup. This is a Real Life Race Series run in conjunction with the BTCC as a support race and as such we will be replicating it almost identically, all the way down to lap counts and weather from the 2013 Season.

Race Description

We will be following the Real Life Championship as closely as possible with the tracks available in Project CARS. Each Round will consist of TWO Races and each Race will be around 20 to 25 minutes long.

Dates and Times

-Date yet to be arranged, but likely will take place in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Wednesday
20:00 BST Lobby Opening

Qualifying and Race Times will follow on from this.

The Cars

Ginetta G55 GT4

Livery choices are up to you but will require booking in this thread. Once you find a Livery you like, please post with the Name and Number of the Livery so that you can have it unique to your car.

The Calendar

Round 1: Brands Hatch Indy (24 Laps)
Round 2: Donington Park (16 Laps)
Round 3: Oulton Park (14 Laps)
Round 4: Snetterton (12 Laps)
Round 5: Silverstone (24 Laps)
Round 6: Brands Hatch GP (14 Laps)

There are TWO Races per round so there is a total of 12 Races to take part in.

Each Race will have a Weather Forecast for the two races but these will not become apparent until after the preceding race has finished.

Championship Points

Points will be allocated for the top 10 finishing drivers.

1st: 15
2nd: 12
3rd: 10
4th: 8
5th: 6
6th: 5
7th: 4
8th: 3
9th: 2
10th: 1

AI Drivers

We will be filling in the rest of the Grid with AI drivers so that we have a 15 car grid regardless of how many people attend. The AI Difficulty will be set at 70 for these races.

Driver Swaps are strictly forbidden in this championship

Race Rules
  • Headlights can be either ON or OFF. Please DO NOT flash them at other drivers
  • When Raining, Headlights must be turned ON so that we can see each other through the spray
  • You will have 30 Minutes for Practice and Car Setup
  • There will be a 20 Minute Qualifying Session to follow
  • Races will be Standing Start
  • Pit Stops are not mandatory but are open to Tyre Changes if the Weather changes mid-race. You should not need to do this though as the races aren't long enough to gain the time back.
  • You should always allocate yourself enough Fuel to finish the race
  • If you crash out and have damage then the Pits are open to repairs, assuming you can get back to them
  • If you crash out and cannot continue the race, or you run out of Fuel then please retire to Pit Box
Weather Forecasts

Round One will be cloudy, but dry for both races.

If you have any questions then please ask them below. If I have missed out any information then I apologise and will try to answer it as best as possible. :D

Last edited:
1znny9t.jpg

CCR US-Euro GT4

This will be CCR's second official race night on Project CARS. After some teething problems last week we will be attempting to iron out some creases that came along with the inexperience of online game-play last time. Hopefully it will all run smoothly and those of you who have raced with us before will enjoy the usual CCR fun. On with the race description.

Dates and Times

Wednesday 8th July

20:00 - Lobby Opening
20:10 - 30 Minute Practice
20:40 - 10 Minute Qualifying (Race 1)
20:50 - Race One
21:15 - 10 Minute Qualifying (Race 2)
21:25 - Race Two
21:50 - 10 Minute Qualifying (Race 3)
22:00 - Race Three
22:25 - 10 Minute Qualifying (Race 4)
22:35 - Race Four
23:00 - Lobby Closure

All times are UK Times (BST)

We will be doing a 30 Minute Practice so that people can join mid-session for those who are not on time. But, to make it easier for us and to keep our schedule, please try to be in the lobby between 20:00 and 20:10.

We will try to have a short break between races wherever possible. The break should be around 5 minutes.

The Cars

Any of the GT4 Classified Cars

Livery Selection

As this isn't a Championship, livery selections may clash on track. You do not need to stay with one livery for the entire night and can change for each race if you wish.

The Tracks

Race 1 - Zolder: 11 Laps
Race 2 - Spa-Francorchamps: 7 Laps
Race 3 - Watkins Glen: 9 Laps
Race 4 - Nurburgring: 8 Laps

All Races will be around or less than 20 minutes long.

Weather Forecasts

Race 1 - Cloudy/Sunny
Race 2 - Partly Sunny/Cloudy
Race 3 - Clear/Light Cloud
Race 4 - Overcast/Showers

These are forecasts and may not come completely true as I will be setting up variable weather over 4 slots at 10x speed, and is hard to judge when it comes to race lengths.

AI Cars

AI Drivers: 8
AI Difficulty: 80

If you are definitely attending then please let me know so I can remove some AI if we exceed the 8 allocated 'Player' slots. I don't think we have more than eight Players attending so this shouldn't be a problem.

AI Cars may yet be removed from the race if race attendance has 7 or above attendees. Hopefully we can avoid using the AI as we had some issues last time we used them.

As always. If you have any questions then please feel free to ask them in the thread below. :D

Last edited:
Good luck with your series, I cant join because flashing the lights is not allowed.

We allow them to gain the attention of cars you are to be lapping. Using them to intimidate and force people into making a mistake is not how we have fun on the game. Lights on or off is the rule unless in special circumstances... We don't want people who are going to intimidate other drivers who only want to have fun racing in an organised group regardless of their finishing position.

I'm very interested. Espescially the casual appeals to me. I'm searching for some clean organised online races, but being a single daddy with a 3 year old and a pretty time consuming proffesion useally gets in the way of racing in organised online championships. Leaving this here as a reference for me. I'll probably jump back in this weekend for some details.

Sounds like a fun league.

I'm very interested. Espescially the casual appeals to me. I'm searching for some clean organised online races, but being a single daddy with a 3 year old and a pretty time consuming proffesion useally gets in the way of racing in organised online championships. Leaving this here as a reference for me. I'll probably jump back in this weekend for some details.

Sounds like a fun league.

Thank you for your interest.

We won't always be doing championships. To be honest, it'll be moderately rare as CCR has always had the casual side of things at the forefront of our racing online. Championships can get too serious when there's 'winning' at stake and it can drain some fun out of it. When we manage to build up a few members and people wanting to race with us then we will be adding in single race nights and short race nights doing multiple things. These are currently unplanned so I cannot give you any details at the moment.

The Ginetta championship above is only one small portion of what we do and what we have planned. Besides, you're always welcome to join the few races you can make, even in a championship. We do not restrict people who cannot make all races and if we know you cannot make all races from the start of the championship then points can be discounted but you can still race in the grid and race as if you normally would.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good, can you send me some details how to join?
You can always add me on psn. Nickname is Krizzay. Please mention gtp or this post in the request.

i56poy.jpg

CCR is now one year old and has been an established racing group on GT6 for many months with our external, private forum. We have hosted numerous races in conjunction with GT Planet and are now expanding our horizons with the newly released Project CARS.

A little About Us

We are a Casual Racing group where nothing is taken too seriously but we race with the gentleman's driver code but we take the racing itself moderately seriously to make the races as good as possible. Our main ethos is to have fun racing properly. Anyone who has raced with us before will know exactly how we run things and, as of yet, we've not had a single dissatisfied customer.

Check out our Gran Turismo based past here and the reviews we've had from your fellow GT Planet players: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ccr-casual-community-racing-looking-for-members.315743/

Project CARS

With the release of Project CARS, CCR will be moving some of it's races over to cater for our members who have the game. As only a few CCR Members have the game at the moment (6 or 7) we want to invite some of you here on GT Planet to join in with our races online and potentially join our ranks as a regular member. The group is open to anyone who races cleanly, fairly and properly but still wants to have fun playing a game.

Please note, we are only doing the PS4 version of the game.

What We Plan To Do

We have a large selection of races planned, scoping a lot of different motorsport styles both in Championships and Single Race Nights. We will also be expanding into Multi-Class Endurance Racing when we can get a full grid of human players. With the "Fill Grid With AI" option we will always be having a full race regardless of how many attend the race nights.

Here are some races we have planned so far:
  • Ginetta G55 SuperCup
  • EuroCup Porsche Carrera
  • Renault Clio Cup
  • ADAC GT Masters
  • Blancpain GT Sprint/Endurance Series
  • American Le Mans (Multi-Class)
  • World Endurance Championship (Multi-Class - Still In Development)
  • Oulton Park Gold Cup (Still In Development)
  • Classic DTM (Still In Development)
There are many more plans to come and we will continue to involve the members in event creation and development as it is you that are racing so why not have your say in what you want to race?

We don't discriminate from any nationality, race or ability and will try to cater for everyone who wants to race.

Any AI drivers used will be set at a difficulty of 70 or 80 to account for the faster drivers in our group and to make a very close, challenging race for everyone else. If you're currently running at a lower difficulty then please don't be intimidated. We allow all driving aids and the more you race, the faster you'll become.

Some of our Endurance Races have planned to use the "Swap Driver" option but there is a rumour that this might be removed in a later patch so this idea is currently being decided upon. More information will become available on this as we now ourselves.

Our Race Rules
  • Race Cleanly and Fairly at all times
  • Overtake Responsibly - i.e no dive bombing or brake checking
  • Please try not to rage quit from a race if you crash out
  • Take care rejoining track if you spin, crash or exiting pits
  • No flashing lights to intimidate. You can however have lights ON or OFF
  • If you choose to leave the race because of an incident then please Retire To Pits instead of leaving the lobby.
All Races will be ran with Full Damage, but Mechanical Failures will be turned off due to a Manual Transmission bug. If this gets patched then Mechanical Failures will become part of our races.

We will be doing Livery Booking for players/members racing in our Championships. What this will entail is posting your chosen livery detail when we plan to start a championship and that livery will be locked off to other users. This will allow people to have a unique livery when racing. More information will follow with the coming event details.

Final Thoughts and Information

We always race in a Private Lobby to stop outsiders ruining the races, so if you are interested then we will sort out friend requests and the information you need to join our races.

The races will take part between 20:00 BST and 23:00 BST. We are allocating four hours to have practice, qualifying and races. Information on the race formats will follow in the corresponding race descriptions.

All Races will be Ran on a Wednesday as to allow us to carry on doing some GT6 Races with other members.

If you have any questions about our group then please ask them below. Anyone interested in joining our races should also post in this thread so we can sort out friend requests and race access.

Hope to see some of you around!

Hey, i'm interested in joining some races Do you have any info?
Regards Dmh76

Hi @Dmh76. What would you like to know about us?

We shall be doing some races in the next 2 weeks. More than likely on the 17th of June. Information on this race night will become available over the next few days.

I am interested in joining you all in some races. I used to race a bit with people back on GT5, but I'm looking to get back into it. If I could get some info about time/date I am definitely interested!

We will be racing on Wednesday's from around 20:00 UK Time. Lobbies will open, and there will be a 30 minute practice to allow people to join mid-session and for those already in the lobby to be doing something other than waiting in a lobby. After this Qualification will start for the first race. All early CCR races will be no longer than 20 minutes.

All lobbies will be set to Private, so friend requests will be required for access to the races. We only do them in private lobbies (as with GT6) to stop any random person coming along and ruining our races. My alternate PSN (the one I host from) is - CorsairBadger - Please feel free to send a request, mentioning you are looking to join CCR in the message.

Most early races will have AI filled grids so that we can have a good sized grid, regardless of how many real players attend. There will be a maximum of 8 AI drivers at one time. The AI difficulty will be set between 70 and 80 to keep up with the mid-pack pace to keep it interesting for those racing.

Any other information you would like to know, please ask and I shall try my best to answer your questions. :D

I shall do so later today Bjorn. Thank you for your interest.

I shall be trying to put up the race details for next Wednesday (24th June) later on today, real life permitting. I'm sure you'll all enjoy it very much.

I have uploaded our first race description. Please check it out in the following post: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ccr-casual-community-racing-ps4.328952/#post-10708248

This will be a one off race night using the Formula Gulf (Formula 4) car. Other race events will follow using various different types of cars and tracks. Watch this space for the unfolding details in the coming weeks.

Anyone wanting to join (who hasn't already put their names down) please post in this thread with your interest and PSN name, send me a personal message or send a friend request on PSN to - CorsairBadger - stating that you want to join CCR's races.

On the race night I will send out a message to all players who are online saying that the lobby has been opened and is ready to join.

Hope to see you all there next Wednesday!

Can't commit to a series due to shift work but I'd do some rounds to fill out the grid if that's ok PSN: littlenhoj123

Unfortunately I won't be able to host tonight's racing as something in my real life has come up. I apologise to everyone looking forward to the Clio Cup races tonight. Hopefully we will be doing them very shortly.

Again. My apologies.

Hey. Long time no hear!!! I will take part in a few of the races just send an invite when they are taking place and I may join in

Back