ceiling_fan's photos - New ones

• Thread starter ceiling_fan
  • 2,113 comments
I like the 2nd Skyline, RX-7, and rally shot a lot. :bowdown: Very real looking images.

This is great. Action, the angle, and the colors.
I think I love the colors most of all, especially the blue on the Skyline. That isn't Blu NART, is it?

Again with the colors, and it's an RX-7 - double win. :lol:

Hang on, I'll comment after I've wiped the dirt from my eyes and coughed up the debris I swallowed. :P

The color is Kyanite Blue Metallic, which I got from a Jaguar XFR '10. It almost looks black in the color menu. Thanks for your in-depth comments! :)

SVX
WOW, that is spectacular.

Thanks SVX, remember you still can request something for this gallery :)

Where was this for the "Essence of Rallying" Photomode Competition weeks back? Worthy of top spot.

Great work. 👍

:embarrassed: That's flattering! I appreciate it though!

I like the 2nd Skyline, RX-7, and rally shot a lot. :bowdown: Very real looking images.

Thanks, that's just what I was going for, especially for the rally shot.

Wow, that rally pic looks amazing, wonder what it would look like in 3D. I'm gonna try it 👍

There's a good idea! No 3DTV for me though. :( The track was from course maker, the one with the gravel road. (duh :P)

Here's 2 MORE pics, these are kind of experimental (and perhaps overedited...) let me know what you think! I really appreciate the feedback from everyone! :)👍

Clickity for biggity - thanks Cod_Father for the Raybrig NSX!

I don't know what you've done there with the experimentals, but they look great!
I love the second one, the contrast, the softness of the background against the sharpness of the car. Nice look 👍

I also can't resist jumping on the bandwagon of praise for that rally shot, it's superb!

The Raybrig shot reminds me of two things:

1. Burnout.
2. The Forza 3 FMV trailer, and for much of the same reason. All that's missing is a car rolling over either to the side or in the background.

Not to mention the way Raybrig just reflects everything beautifully. Really well done.

----------

The Motul GT-R is just as great.

If you haven't noticed I've run out of things to say after the NSX comment and/or I just don't know how to top it. :lol:

Love the NSX Shot also (Don't dare spell this one :D ) .That Rally Shot is fan bleadin tastic ,What a shot mate

Epic, epic, epic.

You truly are whipping some sunning shots out of the bag. We will have to get online and produce a photoshoot.

Epic, epic, epic.

You truly are whipping some sunning shots out of the bag. We will have to get online and produce a photoshoot.

Thanks, just send me a message on PSN (shouldn't be hard; I'm always on :dopey:)

I love your photos.
I'll be sure to check out your next update.👍

I appreciate it! :) Here it is! :sly:

Now for my next update, I've done a full set of the JGTC's at Tokyo. I included the two from the last page for the sake of completeness.

Last edited:
Great shots David 👍
On that last shot, what is up with the GT-R on the left missing a tire or bouncing?

I didn't notice that :lol: Looks like the car's shadow wound up perfectly blending in with the shadow of the trees on the road. I could have fixed this if I noticed it sooner :dopey:

beautiful set. Minus the "missing" tire on the GTR that last shot is sweet.

That rally shot however... wow... it has to be one of the best shots I've seen come out of GT5 so far.

Some really nice updates as of late 👍
I must add my praise for the rally shot everybody is loving, it really is excellent! Super nice, captures the whole feeling and action of dirt rallying perfectly :)
The blue R34 GT-R is also really nice, reminds me of Project Gotham or another of those arcadey supercar games...
Aaaand the deep red Enzo from a few pages back 👍 Is that Rubino Micalizzato?

beautiful set. Minus the "missing" tire on the GTR that last shot is sweet.

That rally shot however... wow... it has to be one of the best shots I've seen come out of GT5 so far.

Yowza, thanks! And thanks again for the Raybrig!

Brilliant shots, man. :D

GPR
Pretty sweet JGTC's set.

But this rally shot is just plain awesome! :drool:

Thanks, I figured I should do a themed update, not just 1 or 2 random pics. :D The JGTC's are rendered extremely well. The multi-car shots are from the Super GT series in A-Spec.

Some really nice updates as of late 👍
I must add my praise for the rally shot everybody is loving, it really is excellent! Super nice, captures the whole feeling and action of dirt rallying perfectly :)
The blue R34 GT-R is also really nice, reminds me of Project Gotham or another of those arcadey supercar games...
Aaaand the deep red Enzo from a few pages back 👍 Is that Rubino Micalizzato?

Thanks! I think the GT-R gave you that vibe because of the "shiny blur" that nearly every other racer has. It looks like a pic from one of the xbox galleries :sly:
After googling the color name I think you are right, but it was an AI car (you can see my pink Veyron crashing in the background, thanks Bob :lol: )

The last one as to be my favorite of the set. Great composition and tones, and I am in love with the trees there. They feel pretty amazing and realistic!!!.
The first one is a bit too saturated for my tastes.

Very nice gallery!! (Subscribed!)

Thanks, I appreciate it!

The last one as to be my favorite of the set. Great composition and tones, and I am in love with the trees there. They feel pretty amazing and realistic!!!.
The first one is a bit too saturated for my tastes.

I have an kinda weird way of dealing with trees. In photoshop I select the trees, add a lens blur (way too much lens blur) then I Fade the lens blur to about 30%. It makes the trees look more "fluffy" without the sharp edges everywhere. The first one is quite saturated, I guess I just like the colors of the car :dopey:

Onto the next update!

Click for full size

I think the last one is my best pic of a standard car. :crazy:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back