Certified for Sarthe

• Thread starter Live25
  • 172 comments
04C1716B-488D-4F7A-B3EA-5CDCE7277386.jpeg
EAFD70B6-EC41-46A5-9D77-6A1C3823F681.jpeg
94FE12BA-31F5-4FE8-822E-5CDA2CD674DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Control question. Did you get 3 laps on FM6 and RH in dry conditions? I did not. But then I drive automatic transmission, and by that no short shifting.
(I did get 3 laps on Wet tires, with some lift and coast on one of the laps.)
There have been some occasions where I have tested a car post-race and only under a 1-lap condition. As long as I saw 67% near the pit entrance, I would post it as ‘x-value-capable’. I’ve tried to be more stringent the last couple of days, but I’ve also found myself exiting the hairpin after 1.5 at 48% and ‘failing’ the test when in actual practice, the car passes in the end. In other words, I err more to the side of caution.

If you find specific examples, please let me know. I’ll go back and test. Personally, I use an AT and that’s a key point to this exercise. Part of my intention here is that a relative amateur could dial in the settings and have a realistic benchmark to record a win.

EDIT: With the Lancia I don’t recall any issues, but I can run that one back and see what I come up with.

Last edited:
Toyota
EE1AA378-7BDF-4A64-8D31-DDF14D283299.jpeg
886487DE-40FD-4D76-8F93-DCBA113248E9.jpeg
B7D96BFE-0F25-4865-B0CA-172C13A34410.jpeg
The tune is actually from Praiano’s Subaru BRZ S ‘21. 3 laps at FM6 requires a touch of lift and coast with an AT. This best lap and overall should have been at least 3 seconds quicker, but I wasn’t paying attention to my fuel.

Wide body/wide wheels/wide offset/front A/side A/rear B/wing B/roll cage A

CFC7F7F1-62EA-49C7-9674-9DF66C70A3F2.jpeg
7BDB0703-04B5-4521-A4AA-C258A2832760.jpeg
763D52DE-D862-4925-B50A-295049ACE8A6.jpeg
Capable of a 1-stop with ideal weather conditions. FM6 for 4 laps on RM’s and FM4 for 3 laps on RS’s. She’s so light that the tire wear is really good and only chews up the fronts. Note the left values column are with RS’s, you can feel how much grippier it is when you swap the tires and can REALLY push the car then. In a post-race economy test, I turned a 4:07.020 opening lap with the RS’s at FM1!

18” wheels/wide wheels/wide offset/front A/side A/rear B/wing A/roll cage A

15FD4E6A-CF07-44A6-AA43-2EA84676B4B4.jpeg
78996F44-CD11-4BB0-8118-EE2227B5E444.jpeg
9A9AB8C8-0F6C-49E8-A686-BC448D67C4C6.jpeg
Capable of a 1-stop with lift and coast at FM6, requires a touch of L&C at FM4 to get 3 laps.

Wide body/21” wheels/wide wheels/wide offset/front A/side B/rear A/wing A/roll cage A

EE86677C-AA42-4827-8C97-70D4C6556A99.jpeg
DD5FB635-B8AD-41F2-AF35-13BA496EFC47.jpeg
5EC61613-6E17-4AF3-8A32-FEC4B6705934.jpeg

Last edited:
Volkswagen
942999F5-F00F-4499-8527-0ECFA7D4CFE8.jpeg
DB134A2E-5513-4534-943D-052BCAE66C34.jpeg
9B0BB125-86B7-443C-AA5A-AEB345F40D7D.jpeg
1682AE01-408B-4D7A-A1CB-418371165358.jpeg
9C2BFA26-1724-4A97-A787-70FC5CDAC996.jpeg
E1CC440B-FB5A-4374-8FB3-A9881505B1B9.jpeg
OK, I’m not sure you want to try this on Hard, it would certainly be a challenge. Either way, this is fun and worth a try just to say you’ve done it.

16” wheels/wide wheels/wide offset

01B5AE9E-E661-40B5-8AF6-08F0E89B35FA.jpeg
949E2564-1B8E-4EE8-9A88-B3CBA9DA0B87.jpeg
7EAFE8D2-7AA9-4491-928C-6FFCDB0F8AAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Mini-Cooper
The gearbox needs work, please let me know if you sort it out.

Wide body/wide wheels/wide offset/front A/wing B

64556F36-8EE2-4956-B4A9-8E8969AEAE25.jpeg
5044FC72-347B-4C96-AC6F-2A686C9CDD3C.jpeg
1C69D7E2-A594-4C2E-ACB6-F3B1C798FE88.jpeg
The trick to this car, with an AT, is to only use half-throttle through 2nd and 3rd. Once it hits 4th, you’re pretty much OK. When it gets wet, half-throttle til you spin the wheels, lay off and then reapply your throttle. Its a tricky drive, but manageable once you figure it out.

Wide body/wide wheels/wide offset/front A/wing B

E461BFCA-A774-4BE4-9532-6045F50789BC.jpeg
3FA5B82D-06F6-40A8-9195-407532ABE657.jpeg
125DB944-26A0-4135-A9FA-5CD8FDFD3DDB.jpeg

Last edited:
Control question. Did you get 3 laps on FM6 and RH in dry conditions? I did not. But then I drive automatic transmission, and by that no short shifting.
(I did get 3 laps on Wet tires, with some lift and coast on one of the laps.)
Retested it today. It was very close, but it pulled 3 laps for me.

F732AC2E-56DB-4E08-BA92-8C33B7ED8716.jpeg
83EE0D0A-6727-40C3-A758-B8A3EC05B52C.jpeg
0BBC9295-C437-43C0-8609-CF547913B0FD.jpeg

Ok! I probably just drive uneconomical.
It's honestly AT. If you have the time to learn manual it's so much quicker. Your fuel goes further, you're quicker, it's more interactive.
I drove AT since I started playing GT in GT5, made the switch about 3 weeks ago. Putting down the best times of my life.

It's honestly AT. If you have the time to learn manual it's so much quicker. Your fuel goes further, you're quicker, it's more interactive.
I drove AT since I started playing GT in GT5, made the switch about 3 weeks ago. Putting down the best times of my life.
Looks like our next move Magnus...

I'm hesitant in the middle of this process as I want to be able to test as an AT user would experience the car and it would skew my results if I tested some with AT and some with MT.

I'm hesitant in the middle of this process as I want to be able to test as an AT user would experience the car and it would skew my results if I tested some with AT and some with MT.
As I often say, I am a beginner. And connected to this subject, I do not know how large percentage of the average players that run AT respective MT. Is there a view here from people with experience?

I think as a base for your project, it will have value to continue it with AT.

Then maybe later for some of the borderline cases see if MT add significant value.

(On a personal note, I will try to learn MT, next time I have a day to play. Currently I play an hour every second day sort of)

You could switch to MT for cars you can't get 3 laps out of at FM6? (if you do want to start practicing MT.
There are cars that it's almost impossible to do Le Mans on without short shifting and MT. If you want to have those cars in your garage it might help you get them dialed in a bit easier? As long as you have cheap cars that can do it easily in AT you've given beginners a really good way in.

As I often say, I am a beginner. And connected to this subject, I do not know how large percentage of the average players that run AT respective MT. Is there a view here from people with experience?

I think as a base for your project, it will have value to continue it with AT.

Then maybe later for some of the borderline cases see if MT add significant value.

(On a personal note, I will try to learn MT, next time I have a day to play. Currently I play an hour every second day sort of)

Took me about 500km to really start getting it. It's like changing your computer mouse or anything else, it takes a little time but it's worth persevering. If you're using a controller I think the fastest settings are MT, all assists off apart from ABS on default. I keep TCS on one because I'm a little baby though.

You could switch to MT for cars you can't get 3 laps out of at FM6? (if you do want to start practicing MT.
There are cars that it's almost impossible to do Le Mans on without short shifting and MT. If you want to have those cars in your garage it might help you get them dialed in a bit easier? As long as you have cheap cars that can do it easily in AT you've given beginners a really good way in.

Took me about 500km to really start getting it. It's like changing your computer mouse or anything else, it takes a little time but it's worth persevering. If you're using a controller I think the fastest settings are MT, all assists off apart from ABS on default. I keep TCS on one because I'm a little baby though.
That’s not a bad idea. I’m willing to do 2 laps and in (as it usually means the car is very fast), but I doubt many people feel the same way, so the testing is somewhat of a moot point in those circumstances. Maybe I’ll dabble a bit on this cycle and see how it feels.

I don’t ABS, the FFB is REALLY good in that regard has been my experience (although if I were to play on the PS4, I’m sure I’d have it on). TCS off was a very quick learning curve for me, its a pretty easy transition really.

Tested MT first time yesterday. Tested a car that with AT does not get 3 laps on LeMans. With MT it did.

Will take some time to learn to do faster lap times. Maybe a lot of practice time.

Tested MT first time yesterday. Tested a car that with AT does not get 3 laps on LeMans. With MT it did.

Will take some time to learn to do faster lap times. Maybe a lot of practice time.
I really appreciate your tune! I ended up running quite the hot lap!

In an actual race it’s still good, but very thirsty, I got 3 laps on fuel map 6, and won by a comfortable margin

Attachments

• C9F3C0B4-A580-466F-9436-36F874C5794A.jpeg
    C9F3C0B4-A580-466F-9436-36F874C5794A.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

It will be so easy to you with a little practice! It won't be long until you see your lap times come down!

Hyundai
Its just not good.

Wide Body/Wide Offset/Front A/Side A

View attachment 1180150View attachment 1180149View attachment 1180151
Hello, if I may ask, what times did you get with this car/tune?

Because it’s one of my favorites sleeper cars, not as fast as others but can do this race on 1 pit stop only, and that’s with heavy rain. You need full aero for downforce and stiffen the suspension a bit more. Also it sounds amazing.

8A9FED0F-CAB8-487E-9DC4-85966D400E53.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello, if I may ask, what times did you get with this car/tune?

Because it’s one of my favorites sleeper cars, not as fast as others but can do this race on 1 pit stop only, and that’s with heavy rain. You need full aero for downforce and stiffen the suspension a bit more. Also it sounds amazing.

View attachment 1181654
4:18 best lap and just under 33 overall. I'm willing to play with it some more as I feel there is some untapped potential there. I'll give your advice a try next chance I get.

4:18 best lap and just under 33 overall. I'm willing to play with it some more as I feel there is some untapped potential there. I'll give your advice a try next chance I get.
What I do is run FM6 the whole race and shift at 7000 rpm’s, again not as fast as others but steady and easy to drive. My tune is just 1PP below yours but I have less power, more downforce, stiffer suspension and a bit taller gearing.

Like you I’m not also an expert tuner but I too love to do this race with as different cars as I can.

Hope you have a great race with it.

i can only describe this tune in two words...excitement and nervousness. thanks for sharing this i definitely enjoyed driving (and winning) inside the rx500 😍 😍 😍
Its really fun, I just wish it would stay dry for 7 laps, just once, to see its true potential. Glad you enjoyed it!

Its really fun, I just wish it would stay dry for 7 laps, just once, to see its true potential. Glad you enjoyed i
why? do you have issue with it in the wet? i do find the handling of the rx500 in the wets very reasonable as long as im using intermidiates i can finish sarthe without problems.

What I do is run FM6 the whole race and shift at 7000 rpm’s, again not as fast as others but steady and easy to drive. My tune is just 1PP below yours but I have less power, more downforce, stiffer suspension and a bit taller gearing.

Like you I’m not also an expert tuner but I too love to do this race with as different cars as I can.

Hope you have a great race with it.
I played around with it quite a bit and no luck. I’m OK with gearing, but near useless when it comes to suspension. I reached out to myckol on Reddit, but he’s on vacation for a bit longer. If you would share your setup, I’ll happily give it a try.
why? do you have issue with it in the wet? i do find the handling of the rx500 in the wets very reasonable as long as im using intermidiates i can finish sarthe without problems.
No problems with the rain per se, but it slows you down considerably. I would love to see the overall time on a totally dry day.

Last edited:
Is this worth driving?
My first experience was a bit iffy, but I had made some pretty drastic alterations to the tune. When I set it back up closer to Pra’s spec (and put the wing on maybe), it went much better. IIRC, she will eat tires, hence the use of RH’s at the expense of PP. Getting caught on slicks in the rain made me want to pull my hair out though, if it looks like its going to get wet, just pit for tires. Otherwise, its a fantastic car/tune.

I believe it was this car that taught me a very important lesson about altering tunes in general. A little bit to suit personal taste is fine, but too much can turn a perfectly good tune into a nightmare. I have since tried to keep all tunes much closer to spec and stopped trying to chase theoretical numbers on the tuning sheets.

Last edited:
My first experience was a bit iffy, but I had made some pretty drastic alterations to the tune. When I set it back up closer to Pra’s spec (and put the wing on maybe), it went much better. IIRC, she will eat tires, hence the use of RH’s at the expense of PP. Getting caught on slicks in the rain made me want to pull my hair out though, if it looks like its going to get wet, just pit for tires. Otherwise, its a fantastic car/tune.

I believe it was this car that taught me a very important lesson about altering tunes in general. A little bit to suit personal taste is fine, but too much can turn a perfectly good tune into a nightmare. I have since tried to keep all tunes much closer to spec and stopped trying to chase theoretical numbers on the tuning sheets.
Heavy wets work really well. Yesterday I was playing on normal. It rained for 4 laps

Back