Certified for Sarthe

• Thread starter Live25
  • 172 comments
Heavy wets work really well. Yesterday I was playing on normal. It rained for 4 laps
I believe that. I never use them and I’m sure they would make a big difference at times. They’re only $30K, so I don’t really have any excuse other than my own stubborness.

Last edited:
OMG, I just no-stopped Sarthe with Sunzi’s swapped-RX-7 ‘02. I knew it was possible from a previous tune, VTi_Roj’s, but I could never get the weather to cooperate.

What a rush!

Last edited:
I played around with it quite a bit and no luck. I’m OK with gearing, but near useless when it comes to suspension. I reached out to myckol on Reddit, but he’s on vacation for a bit longer. If you would share your setup, I’ll happily give it a try.
Sure, here it is, feel free to tinker with it to your style, and let me know what you think :cheers:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220811210828.jpg

Sure, here it is, feel free to tinker with it to your style, and let me know what you think :cheers:
Yes, sooooo much better. I’d like to pull out some more torque to get rid of that oversteer when you get on the throttle, but it just kills the high-speed grip. I left the wheels stock because I really liked the look and there’s nothing else quite like them. Next time I’ll run it with a wide wheel and see what it does to the handling. Improvement of 4 sec.’s on the best lap and nearly a full min. on the overall. My only bad lap was due to getting fooled on to IM’s when I didn’t need them and the rubber wore down. You’re a stud!

6A6ACF02-8934-44E7-A329-63506149C611.jpeg
E10AF61B-79C2-4926-BAC2-A041205D03A4.jpeg

Yes, sooooo much better. I’d like to pull out some more torque to get rid of that oversteer when you get on the throttle, but it just kills the high-speed grip. I left the wheels stock because I really liked the look and there’s nothing else quite like them. Next time I’ll run it with a wide wheel and see what it does to the handling. Improvement of 4 sec.’s on the best lap and nearly a full min. on the overall. My only bad lap was due to getting fooled on to IM’s when I didn’t need them and the rubber wore down. You’re a stud!

I just shaved close to four seconds with a revised tune, no more torque steer, at least on my end. It's now on rails and feels like a true track car. Please try this setup, and let me know what it does for you:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220814194922.jpg

Home Straight and Grandstand_.jpg

I just shaved close to four seconds with a revised tune, no more torque steer, at least on my end. It's now on rails and feels like a true track car. Please try this setup, and let me know what it does for you:

View attachment 1183780

View attachment 1183781
I think I can squeeze it in tomorrow, there are only 4 on the ‘schedule’, they’re all built and aside from the Superbird, should be easy runs. If not, I’ll definitely give her a go before I start the next cycle.

Slick livery by the way.

Last edited:
Damn weather was not helping on this run. She ‘felt’ better, but I couldn’t improve on my times. It didn’t rain much, but the track just wouldn’t dry. I do believe its an improvement nonetheless and I think its possible of 4:10’s at the least.

C4E6994D-2722-4F2E-A1C1-11B55913D02D.jpeg
B083AA89-3FDC-487A-A32C-CFF62A039360.jpeg

It is definitely better, the last run was this morning, no rain at all, won on six laps (stayed a whole minute parked right before the finish line waiting for the timer to end; and also, fuel) and still had over a minute and a half over the 2P. I already liked this car because it's a sleeper, but now the flames had been reignited :D. Will do another livery for it, see what I can come up with.

Also, have you tried using an F50?

The great thing about this event is that almost any car can be used here. My all-time favorites are 4 cars: a 787B-swapped RX7, the Alpine 220, the Camaro ZL1 (thirsty but just. so. damn. fast. and on rails) and this little sleeper Genesis Coupe.

It is definitely better, the last run was this morning, no rain at all, won on six laps (stayed a whole minute parked right before the finish line waiting for the timer to end; and also, fuel) and still had over a minute and a half over the 2P. I already liked this car because it's a sleeper, but now the flames had been reignited :D. Will do another livery for it, see what I can come up with.

Also, have you tried using an F50?

The great thing about this event is that almost any car can be used here. My all-time favorites are 4 cars: a 787B-swapped RX7, the Alpine 220, the Camaro ZL1 (thirsty but just. so. damn. fast. and on rails) and this little sleeper Genesis Coupe.
Awesome to hear, I defintely like it more now than when I started this!

I have tried the F50, but mine was too souped-up for the Praiano tune I used, so I’m waiting for it to pop back up in the LCD.

Indeed, that‘s why I love this track so much, I get to use nearly everything in my garage. I did a no-stop on a swapped RX-7 FD last week, the 220 is great and I have to retry with the ZL1. The 308 GTO is still my favorite, but I really like the Evo V, the swapped Lancia Delta, Escudo, Black Series and the McLaren SLR, along with a few other road cars. Check the bolded vehicles in the list.

Update: Since I am through 2 cycles now, time for some changes here. The new plan is to test every road car tune from 550ish up and compile a complete list of tunes in that range. If you have a tune that has not yet been included, please let me know and I will get to it when I can.

This has been a very enjoyable and rewarding project for me personally and, I hope, for you all as well.

AMG (Black Series)
20” wheel/wide wheel/wide offset/custom wing

7CF3BD1B-75E3-4E7F-A179-BAC713905542.jpeg
022FB922-8293-402E-9E3E-A23DD71CBA48.jpeg
E3A250EE-83E5-47BE-ADD5-B1987AF27812.jpeg
Custom Wing, LSD & Body Rigidity to reduce PP. WR1-4 to improve the fuel economy.

C8988C35-7024-4443-8326-8CCA04E18EF2.jpeg
80F979AE-B881-46BF-BF48-6E3E35754685.jpeg
20” wheels/wide wheels/wide offset/custom wing

4195F8EC-D451-445D-81EB-4D2A8A3A8328.jpeg
F9BE6CAA-5A4B-47E7-8D65-7351A9DCE82F.jpeg
DA3F897E-500F-4B71-A4EE-505875BC0492.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not sure how I overlooked this, thanks, its been added to the list. After the SLS today, It may be a bit before I come back to AMG, I tested quite a few yesterday and am a bit burned out on them at the moment, even for the mighty Black Series.
it doesn't matter if you forgot. This happens frequently from a certain age!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 Take your time.

I somehow looked over the fact the RX-8 also has a 787B engine swap, don't even know if it was added with 1.20 or it was in the game before. So, I put Praiano's tune for the unswapped version over it just to try it, see how it goes.
With that engine it is fast for sure, but I thought it was heavy and understeery, not a good drive overall for me. Could use a different tune if it makes it drive better.

I somehow looked over the fact the RX-8 also has a 787B engine swap, don't even know if it was added with 1.20 or it was in the game before. So, I put Praiano's tune for the unswapped version over it just to try it, see how it goes.
With that engine it is fast for sure, but I thought it was heavy and understeery, not a good drive overall for me. Could use a different tune if it makes it drive better.
I’m kinda leaning to doing manufacturers in clumps during this cycle, so Mazda will get their chance in due time and the RX-8 will now definitely be a part of their ‘moment in the sun’.

Hello @Live25 my fellow Oregonian. I am here to promote one of my recent tunes, as it completely surprised me. I got a dry track with my fancy Hellcat Safety Car and got a 4:10 lap. This all-around tune can get 3 laps at FM6 and is pretty easy to control. I didn't try it in the rain, and I didn't try with more HP which you can certainly get if you raise the ride height some more. Please give it a try.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220906195251.jpg

Hello @Live25 my fellow Oregonian. I am here to promote one of my recent tunes, as it completely surprised me. I got a dry track with my fancy Hellcat Safety Car and got a 4:10 lap. This all-around tune can get 3 laps at FM6 and is pretty easy to control. I didn't try it in the rain, and I didn't try with more HP which you can certainly get if you raise the ride height some more. Please give it a try.

View attachment 1190794
I did notice the tune and I think I have some special parts for this car, so I’m looking forward to giving her a go! Good to see you back!

Hi my friend, for your test in Le Mans how many PP will you need for the RCZ? Or the one I have in 550PP is enough for you?
Peugeot RCZ GT Line '15 550PP (SH)

Thanks a lot my friend
Good drive and enjoy :cheers:
Not Live25, but I think I can answer anyways. It all depends if the car is able to reach 700 PP, but seeing how you didn't had to buy any engine upgrades besides one, and didn't use the high RPM turbo, it might just be possible.

I think I'll test it myself later, just to see if the tires will be a problem or not, FF cars' tires go off a lot quicker.

Update: didn't work out that well for me, too little power (around 380 hp I think) at max, not nearly enough to catch the three faster cars.

Last edited:
Hi my friend, for your test in Le Mans how many PP will you need for the RCZ? Or the one I have in 550PP is enough for you?
Peugeot RCZ GT Line '15 550PP (SH)

Thanks a lot my friend
Good drive and enjoy :cheers:
I just finished off all the ‘A’ tunes I have found (although there was a new Alpine 110 ‘17 that was released today), I’m working on he last 4-5 BMW’s right now (the amount of CSL ‘73’s and M3 ’03’s is disgusting, lol). Once I finish that there are a few tunes I’ve seen published recently that I really want to try, the RCZ is definitely on that list.
Not Live25, but I think I can answer anyways. It all depends if the car is able to reach 700 PP, but seeing how you didn't had to buy any engine upgrades besides one, and didn't use the high RPM turbo, it might just be possible.

I think I'll test it myself later, just to see if the tires will be a problem or not, FF cars' tires go off a lot quicker.

Update: didn't work out that well for me, too little power (around 380 hp I think) at max, not nearly enough to catch the three faster cars.
I ran it with a not-really-tuned, souped-up to the gills version and managed a win. Granted, it was on easy difficulty, but I’m sure it could win on normal at the very least. 4:22 FL and 32:43 Overall.

I just finished off all the ‘A’ tunes I have found (although there was a new Alpine 110 ‘17 that was released today), I’m working on he last 4-5 BMW’s right now (the amount of CSL ‘73’s and M3 ’03’s is disgusting, lol). Once I finish that there are a few tunes I’ve seen published recently that I really want to try, the RCZ is definitely on that list.
Oh ok my friend !!!! I didn't know that you were doing your tests in alphabetical order !!! Take your time, there's no rush.
Thanks a lot for all :cheers:

Oh ok my friend !!!! I didn't know that you were doing your tests in alphabetical order !!! Take your time, there's no rush.
Thanks a lot for all :cheers:
Well, that was how I started at least. I have to admit after driving M3’s back-to-back-to-back, it gets a little boring. I’m probably going to switch it up and do it by drivetrain for variety and consistency. That said, I have a very busy week and probably won’t get much done on GT.

Back