Challenge Me!

I think this thread separates the enthusiasts (setup v. setup) from the time-driven gearheads. Also, it might attract more people back to GT2, which hasn't had as much activity like it did in the summer. But hey, what do I know...

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
I think this thread seperates the enthusiasts (setup v. setup) from the time-driven gearheads. Also, it might attract more people back to GT2, which hasn't had as much activity like it did in the summer. But hey, what do i know...
Yeah, i agree with you.

I like some time-driven challenges but only sometimes, so i guess i'm somewhere between the two... :P

Parnelli Bone
Why not? *curious*

Parnelli Bone

Well, now that I have a copy of GT4, and temporarily living in Cincinnati
(GT2 is back in my home in Detroit), All I have to do is buy a PS2 and Finish up the game.
Point being, if we do start the thread up again, let's do it in the GT4 forum, ok? It'll be a couple of weeks before I get a PS2, though.

The majority of the people on the GT2 forum doesn't have GT4 (if they did, they would be in the GT4 forum). But the reason why I initially responded is because I thought it wouldn't be a good idea for me to start the thread over again. But I guess maybe someone else can do it.

I meant we should make more challenges for each other ... I wasn't implying that we should make more challenges specifically for you ...

Smoke, you've created this thread and made it grow, but there's a time when a father must let a son go on his own...

That's good that you got GT4 :) You better go play it and forget GT2 (at least for now), i know i would... ;)

MacRoadster
Smoke, you've created this thread and made it grow, but there's a time when a father must let a son go on his own...

That's good that you got GT4 :) You better go play it and forget GT2 (at least for now), i know i would... ;)

Lol @ the father comment. This place cracks me up

How if we make tuner battle and driver battle,
as tuner:
- in setup vs setup
- we want our car compared to other by the same driver, Good driver will be better, but bad doesn't matter

as driver:
- in challenge me
- we want to compare our skill to other using the same car, good setting will be better, bad setting doesn't matter

the driver have to drive all the tuner car (every setting posted for the car).
this way the tuner have to improve the car to make it faster, and the driver will have to do many lap to make the best time of each tuner car. the driver will have to learn the best way to drive the tuner car, and tuner will give the driver tips to drive the best way. The tuner will learn from the lap time how to improve their setting seeing which setting has the best time so next time the tuner will have better knowledge of what to do. The driver will improve his skill by driving many variety of setting other than their own.

Parnelli Bone
Lol @ the father comment. This place cracks me up
I think i got inspired on that one... :D

What do you mean Sucahyo? Mix Setup vs Setup thread with this one!? Driving with other ppls setups?

I think that would bring some confusion... besides, in my case, the only setup not mine that i was faster with, was the Jmac's Europa. In any other setups i'm faster with mine.

Well, generally, most people set their cars up to best suit their driving styles ... so, in the hands of someone else, it may not be as fast it is with their personal best settings ...

MacRoadster
What do you mean Sucahyo? Mix Setup vs Setup thread with this one!? Driving with other ppls setups?
Yes, the tuner is not allowed to compete with their own setting, they must use other people setting.

MacRoadster
What's the point of that, Sucahyo? Like Jmac said, usually people is faster with their own settings, since it matches their driving style.
Making the tuner compete their setting, and let the driver compete their skill
I just want to separate the driver and the mecanic. A lot of competing in here need both driving skill and tuning skill, Even if you are good driver, if you don't have tuning skill you become suck. And even if you are suck driver (like me), if you tune seriously, you can compete with good driver :) .
I just get inspired by best motoring video, where there is:
my car challenge, a profesional driver have to compete with amateur driving the amateur's car on amateur's home track, if the profesional loose he have to cut his hair ......, the profesional that never loose will be highly respected
touge challenge, tuner let profesional driver battle using their car, the profesional will rate their car based on handling and performance

I hope you guys figure it out..this thread desperately needs direction now that the father has deserted his thread...

Slowest car to win Autumn Ring Tuned NA no 1
What is your slowest car that can make you win in autumn ring ? So far I can only win it in Mazdaspeed Demio A spec (120hp, 754kg), maybe I can win it in Tommy kaira M13 or VW New Beattle if I use manual.

That's funny. I'm just about to do the Tuned NA series myself. According to my notes, I've done this race a bunch of times in American cars like the Shelby Series 1, Shelby GT350, Camaro, etc. But the weakest cars are:
Peugeot 406 373hp Pound2Power=7.92
Renault Laguna (hp not recorded) I came in 2nd place, tho.

Anyways, none of these cars were exactly as underpowered as your Demio. I'm about to do this race in a '99 Celica SS-II.

edit: never mind...the Celica has 288 hp legally according to my personal rules. Maybe later I'll try a Miata.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Anyways, none of these cars were exactly as underpowered as your Demio. I'm about to do this race in a '99 Celica SS-II.

edit: never mind...the Celica has 288 hp legally according to my personal rules. Maybe later I'll try a Miata.
I can win because I use max mods on everything else (except race mods), without it I will surely loose. And driving skill is not too important in this slow race :). I think I will try another car that has slightly higher P2P value (Demio=13.85).......

sucahyo
I can win because I use max mods on everything else (except race mods), without it I will surely loose. And driving skill is not too important in this slow race :). I think I will try another car that has slightly higher P2P value (Demio=13.85).......

The thing that ruins the NA race at Autumn Ring is the stupid AI. The Spoon Civic and Peugeot 306 are both the quickest, but in turns 1 and 7 (both hairpins) they tend not to brake enough and wind up driving into the sand, which makes them easy to win against. Sometimes, they get it right, tho...then this race becomes a lot tougher. I won Grindelwäld but came in 3rd at Laguna Seca--mostly because I had to spend most of the first lap trying to get by the lesser cars while the Spoon & Peugeot got far ahead.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
The thing that ruins the NA race at Autumn Ring is the stupid AI. The Spoon Civic and Peugeot 306 are both the quickest, but in turns 1 and 7 (both hairpins) they tend not to brake enough and wind up driving into the sand, which makes them easy to win against. Sometimes, they get it right, tho...then this race becomes alot tougher. I won Grindelwäld but came in 3rd at Laguna Seca--mostly cuz i had to spend most of the first lap trying to get by the lesser cars while the Spoon & Peugeot got far ahead.
True, winning in Autumn Ring is easier than Grindelwald. And although I can win both race using Mercedes CLK 200 (162hp, 2696lbs, P2P=16.64), winning Laguna Seca is very hard for me. The advantage I have in cornering and braking is nullify with less slow corner to attack.

It seems FF is less powerfull than FR on the same P2P. I can get 4:09 using CLK 200 (P2P=16.64) on autumn ring and only 4:15 using Tommy K M13 (P2P=16.02). I think I will try Mugen Beat next (P2P=16.57) ........
Nevermind, the mugen beat is slooow......... Dodge Avenger is faster, although slower than CLK 200.

I'm working on a challenge involving my favorite underdog, the Beat. I will let you know when i get one up for you... tried Laguna Seca race in Pacific League, but could not get better than 6th. This was with fully modded Mugen Beat, no race mod. 128 HP max. I was running on all default settings except for tranny adj to auto setting 5. Best lap was just under 1:38. I will post a challenge as soon as I find something that I can beat.

GT_Beat
This was with fully modded Mugen Beat, no race mod. 128 HP max. I was running on all default settings except for tranny adj to auto setting 5. Best lap was just under 1:38. I will post a challenge as soon as I find something that I can beat.
The red rock valley track is too hard for me, although it seems possible to win it in Mazda RX7 GT turbo. But beating the mugen time on laguna seca is easy enough :)

I am using my usual drag setup, full modification (including weight), driving using auto. So this means there is much to be improved on your car setting :), because my skill is below average, notice my unconsistent lap time .........

RouteUK
Do redrock track all stars 3 with a car that cost less than 150 000 Credits, thats what i have to do. (Recomend Skyline)
This is very hard for me, the best I could manage is second place using 641hp Viper GTS with auto transmission.
75400 car
18000 super soft tire
13500 stage 2 NA
_5000 racing muffler
_1200 racing flywheel
_5000 tripple plate clutch
_2000 sport rom
_6000 port grinding
_1500 stage 1 weight reduction
20000 full cust suspension

Total 147600

this makes me little upset, so, I use stage 3 NA integra to trash those GT ONE for my revenge :D ........

Here's one for everyone to try. Actually two. (( 1ST CHALLENGE )): Beat the Storia rally A-class at Smokey Mtn South with a Fully modified Storia. You can use any Storia from the standard lineup..... NO SPECIAL MODELS ALLOWED!! This was not incredibly hard for me, but then I seem to have a knack for rallys. I got gold on first try on all the rally license tests ( some I beat gold time by over 5 sec! :ill: )

(( 2ND CHALLENGE )): Get a stock (NO MODS AT ALL!!) Ford Puma, take it to Super Speedway, and post a lap time under 45 secs. Just go to test drive and run til you drop... my time was 44.888, which I got on lap #44 (go figure!! : odd:

Have fun everyone!!

GT_Beat
I'm working on a challenge involving my favorite underdog, the Beat. I will let you know when i get one up for you... tried Laguna Seca race in Pacific League, but could not get better than 6th. This was with fully modded Mugen Beat, no race mod. 128 HP max. I was running on all default settings except for tranny adj to auto setting 5. Best lap was just under 1:38. I will post a challenge as soon as I find something that I can beat.

I've done both the Pacific and European Regionals many many times--these are my favorite 3 lap races since you can enter a huge variety of cars. Trust me.....you'll never win in a Beat. It just hasn't got the power. The lowest powered car I've used so far was a Tommykaira ZZ Coupe which had 283 hp or whatever the max is. Another time, I won these in a Civic Type R with about 320 hp.

Sucahyo--the Viper GTS should win at All STars race. Ive done that before a couple times.

Last edited:
Back