Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
GT7 is a possibility but until it is clear that EA have not renewed, or PD have been seen photographing a Porsche, I will not get excited.

We don't see them recording and photographing that many cars , Porsche or other brands , but still , i'm not expecting anything ... but all i can say is that the stars are aligning perfectly and PD can get them in the next GT if they play their cards right , they gotta wait for a gap between Porsche and EA renewing the deal and make an offer.

Can we really make this a thing? i'll gladly sign said petition, heck i even know people that would like to sign such a thing, i'd even involve my girlfriend and her family ( we're italians so expect a huuuuge number.)

Yeah definitely, its completely revived this thread. :)

You know what I think? EA will be EA, and they will renew the deal.

Basically this. Rumours like this appear year after year and nothing has come from it.

EA will most likely pay whatever it takes to keep Porsche in their hands.

Gents, gents, lets get this straight. Is EA in charge or is Porsche in charge?

Porsche has a licence for the images of its cars (plus whatever), EA wants this. So Porsche agreed to give it to EA, for X dollars for X amount of time.

Demand for these licences, has remained high (we bloody hope PD and others are making a racket about this), so Porsche could do several things;

End the deal, get less/similar/more/way more money from multiple sources instead

Offer EA an outrageous deal, which EA could accept or decline, if they decline, possibly go to one of the above options.

Offer EA a great deal, and business as usual, Porsche, for shame

Allow no one to use their cars (highly unlikely, in my opinion).

So - I suggest we start something to tell Porsche 'hey, we're consumers, we want to use your cars in our games, you'll make money from us, we don't want EAs nonsense', and hopefully they'll listen.

Besides, why would it be in Porsche's best interest, to earn a bit of money from one company who portrays their brand unfavourably (doesn't make a good racing sim), when they could be portrayed very favourably by multiple car racing sims? More advertising, more diversity, more chances that some of these game makers will get the feel right, ect.

Saying it can't be done, isn't a good enough reason not to try.

Porsche knows that PD , Turn 10 and everyone else wants Porsche in their games , it would be favorable for them not to sign a deal with EA , so everyone could get their cars , and actually portray them in a realistic way.

A petition would be nice , if someone creates a petition i'll gladly sign it , Porsche might even see the petition and grant us GT players their amazing cars.

Have you guys seen the price classic JDMs are reaching these days in the US? Mostly fuelled, according to the analyst, to the new video game generation!. Porsche knows this and they'll want their brand to be in the mind of future buyers. I think GT7 will be the time Porsche is in.

Last edited:
The chance that Porsche will be in gt6 has gone up because of FH2 but i still dont think that there will be any porsches in gt6

Last edited:
Fully modelling one car takes about half a year because, with all respect to the amazing Japanese culture, PD refuse to drop the concept of one man working on one car (I believe it's called 'shokunin'). No, I'm not implying that only one person in the whole PD team is responsible for car modelling.

With that in mind - if PD acquired a Porsche license now, we'd still be several months away from getting the cars I think, who knows how many cars PD would want to include in the game for a start...? Hell, it's probably safe to say that 2016 would be the earliest we'd see a Porsche in GT6.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I personally think there will be VEEEERY few, if any, new cars in GT6 if we don't count Vision GTs.

Still, T10 acquiring the said license and EA's deal expiring next year are good signs!

Fully modelling one car takes about half a year because, with all respect to the amazing Japanese culture, PD refuse to drop the concept of one man working on one car (I believe it's called 'shokunin'). No, I'm not implying that only one person in the whole PD team is responsible for car modelling.

With that in mind - if PD acquired a Porsche license now, we'd still be several months away from getting the cars I think, who knows how many cars PD would want to include in the game for a start...? Hell, it's probably safe to say that 2016 would be the earliest we'd see a Porsche in GT6.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I personally think there will be VEEEERY few, if any, new cars in GT6 if we don't count Vision GTs.

Still, T10 acquiring the said license and EA's deal expiring next year are good signs!

PD could start modelling them now , without the license , and when they acquired it they would include it in the game , just like there was a hidden Porsche 911 GT3 in Gran Turismo 3 , but since the license wasn't acquired by PD , the car never was officially included in the game , but was hidden in the files and was fully usable.

PD could start modelling them now , without the license , and when they acquired it they would include it in the game , just like there was a hidden Porsche 911 GT3 in Gran Turismo 3 , but since the license wasn't acquired by PD , the car never was officially included in the game , but was hidden in the files and was fully usable.
Oh, didn't know that. I was sure that licensing is necessary to even start working on a particular ride...
Thanks for clearing that up 👍

I'm wondering though... They didn't get the license for Gran Turismo 3 but the car was included anyway. Did Porsche do anything about this? Or, COULD they do anything to PD since the car was named as 996 gen 911 but not branded as Porsche?

Oh, didn't know that. I was sure that licensing is necessary to even start working on a particular ride...
Thanks for clearing that up

That's me assuming at least , Porsche doesn't need to know. :mischievous:

Thanks for clearing that up 👍

I'm wondering though... They didn't get the license for Gran Turismo 3 but the car was included anyway. Did Porsche do anything about this? Or, COULD they do anything to PD since the car was named as 996 gen 911 but not branded as Porsche?

Well the car wasn't officially included in the game and it didn't have Porsche in it's name but i think it had the Porsche logo and it had a license plate saying GT3 , so i don't know ...

or PD can model some new RUF and then modify the model if they will get the Porsche license (991 <-> RT35, 997 <-> RT12, 996 Turbo <-> Rturbo, CTR <-> 930 Turbo, 964 <-> RCT, 3800S <-> Boxster, 3800K <-> Cayman, Dakara <-> Cayenne), so as to have both of them

Last edited:
If every other developer added together would generate more income for Porsche, they'll drop the exclusivity contract.
Not necessarily. Porsche's top priority might be the convenience and simplicity of dealing with one studio and just rubber stamping the contract each time it comes up for renewal.

Everywhere but on the podium of a real world racing series!
Because GT1 class is considered too expensive by most of other companies. They all prefer GT3 for convenience.
Pagani don't have cars to race in that class. Would make no sense downgrading an Huayra to enter GT3 or GTE.
Since there's no longer an international GT1 class maybe they could adapt Zonda R to modern Daytona Prototype regulations. That Corvette DP looks like a proper rival.

Because GT1 class is considered too expensive by most of other companies. They all prefer GT3 for convenience.
Pagani don't have cars to race in that class. Would make no sense downgrading an Huayra to enter GT3 or GTE.
Since there's no longer an international GT1 class maybe they could adapt Zonda R to modern Daytona Prototype regulations. That Corvette DP looks like a proper rival.
if you put it like this, then it would be easier to design a car that isn't an exotic monster like the zonda or huayra and make a GT3-GTE version of said model.

I have a silly question; wouldn't it actually be better for Porsche to not have their license exclusive? I mean, I get that EA clearly paid the highest in order to get the exclusive contract in the first place, but wouldn't Porsche make more money off their license overtime if they just sold it to multiple game companies instead of just one? or does EA pay more than PD, Slightly-mad studios, Turn 10, Evolution studios, and any other company combined?

I just can't fathom on how one car company would jump on this kind of deal for so long while other manufactures haven't.

I have a silly question; wouldn't it actually be better for Porsche to not have their license exclusive? I mean, I get that EA clearly paid the highest in order to get the exclusive contract in the first place, but wouldn't Porsche make more money off their license overtime if they just sold it to multiple game companies instead of just one? or does EA pay more than PD, Slightly-mad studios, Turn 10, Evolution studios, and any other company combined?

I just can't fathom on how one car company would jump on this kind of deal for so long while other manufactures haven't.
The problem is we do not know the details of the deal and we do not know why Porsche chose to do things this way - as was suggested earlier it may be that they don't want to deal with all the studios and will only deal with one (or two now).

Back