Chances of Porsche in GT6

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ChevyFan1912, Jul 31, 2012.

?

Paid Porsche DLC

1. Yes I would.

81.3%
  2. No thanks.

18.7%
  1. ChevyFan1912

ChevyFan1912

What are the chances that we see Porsche in GT6?

I read somewhere that Porsche's exclusivity license with EA expired, hence why they are now in Forza, so why not in GT6? Hell, why not DLC for GT5?

Lets not forget about the Pagani Huayra

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    BJahalt88, ProjectF and Harsk100 like this.
  2. Zuku

Zuku

It's over 9000!

No seriously though zero although if they announce by surprise Porsche man I don't know if I'll be able to handle that.

I'll take Porsche over Ferrari right now not that I don't like Ferrari, but I like Porsche more.

3. Afrodeezy

Afrodeezy

Next to none, and that's being optimistic

karelpipa likes this.
  4. ChevyFan1912

ChevyFan1912

Just give us the 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0 and Ill be satisfied...

5. Patrick

Patrick Premium

The EA deal isn't over. Forza has a sub license. EA won't let them put certain models in their game. Anything can happen.

6. hennessey86

hennessey86

^this, thats why the new 911 isn't in Forza along with the 918 :(, but there is no reason they can't put some premium RUF's in though

7. ChevyFan1912

ChevyFan1912

GT5 or GT6 should be able to get a sub license too then

8. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

...But they didn't.

9. Hyped

Hyped

The sub license is expensive, it's EA we're talking about here.

10. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

The implication from T10 with regards to the Porsche DLC pack was that it required a fairly large sum of money to get the sub-license back (and it only applies to FM4, so any future Forza games may not get them again, either). Since EA gets to decide the price for each party that's interested, the asking price for PD to score Porsche just might be too much for PD/Sony to bear.

Magic Ayrton likes this.
  11. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

You, just earn a gold metal with this comment SlipZtrEm. :):tup:

I think is better if PD/Sony doesn't get the sub-licence, because I kept telling to myself that EA will only charge them so much. So its smart of PD & Sony not to get it, just to get those cars. I rather have RUF over Porsche anyday, and that is not a lie. :sly:

12. Roger the Horse

Roger the Horse

Sorry. No Porsche. Not unless EA explode or something.

karelpipa, oohhh yeah and mjdmzn like this.
  13. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

This is why I hate EA

PG91, MonGnoM, Ferrari2430 and 8 others like this.
  14. Mister Ferrari

Mister Ferrari

EA own the rights to Porsche in just about every platform video game. So yeah, unless they magically disappear, no new Porsche's :'(

15. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Diff'rent strokes, then - Porsche's racing heritage and wide breadth of road-going offerings is why I very badly wish they could be included in GT, and why they've become one of my most-driven marques in FM4 already (a Cayman R, of course). RUF's are great, and I'm sure an RGT8 would work a treat in GT6, but there's no RUF equivalents to their Cup/RSR racers, or the non-911's. There is no 917 or 962 over in the RUF stable, either.

That said, I can hardly blame Sony for possibly not wanting to loosen the purse strings for one marque. GT is already the highest selling racing game franchise, and I'm sure the bean-counters see it as unnecessary spending if they're already in the number one sales spot.

16. Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

considering we have none premium RUF cars..... I would be happy with Premium versions of the RWB Porsches

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Raitziger

Raitziger

Someone said that EA Porsche deal has expired. There is also one unannounced Porsche game(non EA) coming put that team has gotten to trouble by using game engine components illegally from other simulator game developer. I hope they sort it out and game comes as planned.

18. Afrodeezy

Afrodeezy

Some Premium RUFs would eliminate the need for Porsche all together IMO

19. Afrodeezy

Afrodeezy

Those are some beautiful pieces of machinery

20. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Ooh. :guilty: To be honest Porsche does have a lot of meaning for racing and love by everyone, and true about RUF not having those beautiful race cars and classics like the 917, even the 918 spyder.

I'm not sure what Sony's problem is, but I believe that they're to cheap to at least earn the sub-licence for GT6. I want to see how the Porsche cars will look like if they were in it. :)

Well. Having both Porsche and RUF will be greater to have for GT6. Just imagine that. *.* Having premium RUF cars with REAL engine sounds will be perfect. :tup:

21. karelpipa

karelpipa

If will be Porsche in GT6 (classics golden era cars too!) it will be big help in deciding for me.

22. Rdp616

Rdp616

There will not be Porsches. Ruf's yes, Acutal Porsches..No. /Thread.

23. obsessive rules

obsessive rules (Banned)

Whos to say pd art already modelling a gt3 RS as we speak?

24. Sanji Himura

Sanji Himura

I don't see what the big deal with having Porsche in GT6. GT5 already has Ferrari and Lambo in the game, and to spite the car makers, EA cut them loose sort of speak in the Need for Speed franchise. I would be more than happy to see more from Ferrari and Lambo in GT6 than I would having Porsche and risk not having any exposure, good or bad, for the car company.

25. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

I hope there will be Porsche's in GT6, but I seriously doubt it.

I'd be happy with some premium RUF's. :)

26. obsessive rules

obsessive rules (Banned)

Premium rufs, gemballas and other tuned porsches like the singer 911 could he added. Porsche don't own the rights to these cars as all are from independent companies.

Convergent and Rionmoon like this.
  27. Rdp616

Rdp616

Doesn't matter if they're in the game or not. PD will just mess up the sound of the car anyway..

Rionmoon likes this.
  28. counter345

counter345

I think it would just be better to save the money of the license and get a few RUFs which are fairly similar to Porsches. They already have the license to RUF, don't they?

29. Raitziger

Raitziger

RUF would be enough if they had all models in the game with removable aero parts replaceable with PD/RUF made "stock" parts to allow users to create Porsches from RUFs by themselves.

30. Desmo46

Desmo46

Probably as likely as Kaz realising that not everyone likes Skylines. All 600 variants of them.

Evo19uk likes this.