Changing Your “Random” Gift Cars

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Nphoff, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Nphoff

Nphoff

This may be too taboo for some, but I don’t believe in destiny or fate.

Recently, tired of getting yet another Miata when all of the other cars in the roulette were 1million Cr.+(including the P4), I tried to see if I could restart the game before it saved to see if I could be gifted a different car.

I tried quitting the game and restarting it over and over and was immediately greeted by the same gift car roulette upon start up, only to get the same Miata each time. However, I noticed the other cars in the roulette had changed order.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting a different gift car using this method??

Like is it that your percentage chance of it landing on the Miata is that much higher than the other cars in the roulette or does the game quickly pre determine what random car you get before that sequence.

In other words, can I change what gift car I get?

Thanks. I know this is not in the spirit of the thing but life is short.

usmaan and Sander 001 like this.
  2. Jamie Bbbbb

Jamie Bbbbb

No, once you get a gift car, you can't change it because it performs an online save straight away.

Now I'm just trying to work out why you think this might be taboo...I shouldn't think that trying to exploit a game's RNG system would offend anyone's spirituality!

Ddkklop, fastone371, Pigems and 4 others like this.
  3. Nphoff

Nphoff

Hmm but I just got another gift car for Brands Hatch Circuit Experience(another Honda NSX Gr.4...) -and the online save bubble did not appear once from the time I exited that particular Brands Hatch Circuit Exp. screen/menu until after I pressed okay after getting the Honda.

4. Victoria H

Victoria H

Wish we could at least sell them and get a few credits for all the frustration from getting another stupid Clio, Camaro and F150 instead of a 20 million cr. Jaguar or Ferrari.

Emet_PL, dlshearon, JensC and 10 others like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

I've just a new game. This time, I've clicked on the car I didn't want to be gifted. So far, it's been working. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

6. Jamie Bbbbb

Jamie Bbbbb

Brings me back to my FIFA-playing days, when I thought opening packs with certain players on the front would get me better players.

7. Humphrey

Humphrey

GTS is waaay too clever for me... it doesn't come up with a save bubble... but it knows what car it wants to give me. If I reboot it'll just give me the same poxy car over and over again....

Another Genesis please... anything N200 or less... I cannae handle the poower...!

fastone371 and SmnSyz like this.
  8. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Be careful with trying to change ge the car. You might corrupt your save resetting the game if its saving.

VincentVendetta, vvise, KK78 and 3 others like this.
  9. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Your gift for playing the system is to have your entire garage removed.

Even with a usb backup its dicey.

10. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

I read on here something about holding L2 and R2 and hitting X when it's over the car you want and you'll get it. Again, could be placebo

fastone371 likes this.
  11. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Wow, apparently I need to reread things I type on my phone...

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

:lol: happens to me all the time. I look back at my posts and think, no wonder there are no responses to it.

13. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

I tried this on the Nissan GT-R GT500 and that's the car I received. Perhaps that was just lucky; I found it funny at the very least.

usmaan likes this.
  14. Macboyilija

Macboyilija

Still OP is saying that the car is always the same but the other cars on the roulette differ. So its not a roulette after all but pre-determined.

I was not aware of this if its true.

fastone371 likes this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

When I started over, my firat car is the dark grey Megane again.

16. NJ72

NJ72

I'mma be honest, I don't think I've ever received the Miata through the daily gift car cycle...

17. Urinal2001

Urinal2001

My understanding has always been that the car you are using when you complete your daily miles is the 'key' to what car you will win. That would explain why even without saving after the spinner, it has locked in what you win. It also explains why we all have repeat cars that we keep winning but NOT the same repeated cars as everyone else.... we all have certain cars we spend more time driving (or a particular race we use to knock out the 26 miles quickly *cough* premium lounge *cough*), and that ups the likelyhood that we win the same things.

Humphrey likes this.
  18. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

the miata w
    My first gift car !

19. Famine

Famine Administrator

No.

20. KK78

KK78

It's not random, it's clearly pre-determined in my view, I don't feel there is any tactic that changes the outcome and its probably some algorithum based on giving you cars over time across several classes and the odd 'high value' car on rare occassions

fastone371 and Majorwolf72 like this.
  21. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

I too think the car choice is pre-determined and cannot really be influenced so I just accept what I am given for each day I login.

I've tried the trick with L2/R2 and press X but it never seems to fall on the car that I want.

KK78 likes this.
  22. City01

City01

I heard another version. It is up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, Start.

23. TJC_69

TJC_69

Are you playing GT Sport on a Gameboy?
    :lol:

24. bongoplyr

bongoplyr

So I wonder then, should I drive my Ferrari 330 in Arcade mode in hopes that the $20m Jaguar shows up in the wheel?

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  25. chzsln485

chzsln485

I think the roulette is biased towards giving you the "worst" option - that is, either the least valuable/powerful/expensive or lowest grouped car - unless one of the "better" cars is a duplicate, in which case it gives you that.

Would explain how, on a new save, four of my early daily workout prizes were:

the Fiat 500 (first prize received)
    a Diablo GT (a duplicate of a previously obtained car)
    a F-Type Gr. 4 (as above)
    an F-Type Gr. 3 (as above).

Sigh...

26. Draggon

Draggon

I've never gotten any of those. I've not been able to influence the wheel by driving a certain class of car. I have 2 profiles and the difference in what the wheel gives me is pretty remarkable. There are 5 or 6 cars that I've gotten 6 or 8 duplicates of on one profile, while on the other there is only one, which I've gotten 3 of.

Might be fun to see which cars folks have gotten duplicates of more than 4 times.

27. chzsln485

chzsln485

Agreed, don't think there's any way to "influence" it by doing certain races in certain cars, I've got complete tat from doing Endurance Races in GT League in Gr. 3/Gr. 1 cars, but won a Peugeot 908 LMP and a GT40 where the main bulk of driving has been from Circuit Experience and Driving School challenges.

Edit: another useless prize tonight - from a BMW M4, NSX Gr. 3, R34 GT-R, and an MR-2... I got the MR-2, which is both the lowest powered, cheapest, and most easily obtainable of the four... and a duplicate. The worst option of the four yet again...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Draggon likes this.
  28. Hoopzah

Hoopzah

I thought it was back, down, back, forward, down, forward, back, back, forward, foward.. or was it A,B,A,C,A,B,B.. ?

29. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

More than 4 duplicates you say?

My entries for that are the Mitusibishi Lancer Evo Grp B Rally Car (14 in total)
    Chevrolet Corvette Grp3 (4)
    Porsche 911 Grp 3 (4)

Draggon likes this.
  30. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I had heard pressing O on the car BEFORE the one you want worked when it first flashes round. I did it 5 times in a row, and it worked every time, then there was a small maintenance update and it didn't work. Could have been coincidence but for a short while I thought I had some control.

Draggon likes this.