Changing Your “Random” Gift Cars

• Thread starter Nphoff
  • 46 comments
I had heard pressing O on the car BEFORE the one you want worked when it first flashes round. I did it 5 times in a row, and it worked every time, then there was a small maintenance update and it didn't work. Could have been coincidence but for a short while I thought I had some control.
can I change what gift car I get?
No.

I've just a new game. This time, I've clicked on the car I didn't want to be gifted. So far, it's been working. Unless my mind is playing tricks on me.
I have been trying to get cars I want by pressing X, seems be the one I will not get. I have recently thought exactly what you posted. Have not yet implemented the tactic. Will see

This may be too taboo for some, but I don’t believe in destiny or fate.

Recently, tired of getting yet another Miata when all of the other cars in the roulette were 1million Cr.+(including the P4), I tried to see if I could restart the game before it saved to see if I could be gifted a different car.

I tried quitting the game and restarting it over and over and was immediately greeted by the same gift car roulette upon start up, only to get the same Miata each time. However, I noticed the other cars in the roulette had changed order.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting a different gift car using this method??

Like is it that your percentage chance of it landing on the Miata is that much higher than the other cars in the roulette or does the game quickly pre determine what random car you get before that sequence.

In other words, can I change what gift car I get?

Thanks. I know this is not in the spirit of the thing but life is short.
I just read a lot of people saying the same thing a lot of different ways. Bottom line players are not happy with the prize car system. Why not at least allow us to sell them so we can buy all the $$ cars we never get to win. Like the good old days. Day 1!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm but I just got another gift car for Brands Hatch Circuit Experience(another Honda NSX Gr.4...) -and the online save bubble did not appear once from the time I exited that particular Brands Hatch Circuit Exp. screen/menu until after I pressed okay after getting the Honda.
I've restarted new games 17 times. You will get the same Circuit Experience cars for the current update, each time you start a new game. The gift car will remain the same once you receive it.

I have been trying to get cars I want by pressing X, seems be the one I will not get. I have recently thought exactly what you posted. Have not yet implemented the tactic. Will see
It absolutely, definitively, does not work.

If you really want to prove it to yourself, let the carousel spin and use your technique to "select" a car, then reboot the game before you exit the screen (thus before it saves). When the game starts up again, the carousel will spin again but this time do nothing. You'll see it has the same four cars (in a different order, probably), and it will pick exactly the same car.

You can then try it the other way round if you like - let the game spin, reboot and then try to hit X, or O, or L1 or whatever to pick your car. You'll still get the same one as before.

As noted above, the game also gives you the exact same cars from the Circuit Experience , so long as you haven't updated the game in-between - which very firmly suggests the game is just working through a list of generated numbers.

I should mention that the game will get you a prize car and autosaves as soon as you start the roulette.

Don't believe me? Try quitting the game when the roulette is going, then start the game and look at your most recently acquired car in garage.

I don't recommend it though since at that moment the game likely still autosaves and has a chance to risk your save for doing that.

This may be too taboo for some, but I don’t believe in destiny or fate.

Recently, tired of getting yet another Miata when all of the other cars in the roulette were 1million Cr.+(including the P4), I tried to see if I could restart the game before it saved to see if I could be gifted a different car.

I tried quitting the game and restarting it over and over and was immediately greeted by the same gift car roulette upon start up, only to get the same Miata each time. However, I noticed the other cars in the roulette had changed order.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting a different gift car using this method??

Like is it that your percentage chance of it landing on the Miata is that much higher than the other cars in the roulette or does the game quickly pre determine what random car you get before that sequence.

In other words, can I change what gift car I get?

Thanks. I know this is not in the spirit of the thing but life is short.
It's not happening deleted is only option :)

Once and for all: The car comes from an awfully long list that is regenerated with every new update.

NOTHING you do or don’t will change the order on this list.

You will always get the next car on the list.

10+ Million cars seem to have a probability of close to 1:1,000,000.

yep, this is an old post but I have to add. Gift cars are predetermined. I have won 2 gift cars when I am offline and pre-patched. later I turned off the console without saving. Later I drove the same workout and won exactly the same gift car...

My weird theory, there are higher chances to get cars you never drive. Its like the game want force you to try out the new classes. I never ever used gt3 cars, but my garage is full of them, arround 30% of the gift cars i get is a gt3 class car.

If you ever wanted proof of how pre-determined the Car roulette is, Check these Videos Before and After the server came back from the Previous big update.

My weird theory, there are higher chances to get cars you never drive. Its like the game want force you to try out the new classes. I never ever used gt3 cars, but my garage is full of them, arround 30% of the gift cars i get is a gt3 class car.

@Famine did some work on this in April/May time this year, asking everyone here to list the cars they were gifted each month, the short of it is the GR3 cars are the most commonly gifted, which makes sense as it is the main class for FIA races so the game makes sure you have a selection of cars for the online competitions. The long of it is here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/may-2019-international-daily-marathon-month-ii.386975/page-1 among other places.

What if i drive the only 20 mill car i have ever won on the roulette for a whole lot of milage laps. Will the the daily milage gift prize car give me something in the similar range of 10 or 20 mill cars, with that being the only car i drove ?

I've never gotten any of those. I've not been able to influence the wheel by driving a certain class of car. I have 2 profiles and the difference in what the wheel gives me is pretty remarkable. There are 5 or 6 cars that I've gotten 6 or 8 duplicates of on one profile, while on the other there is only one, which I've gotten 3 of.

Might be fun to see which cars folks have gotten duplicates of more than 4 times.

I have won 7 of the Honda Project 2 + 4's on the DWG in 5 different color combinations. So far it is the most prolific DWG car for me, I have 5 of a few others.

I just want a 20m car, any of them.

Grinding is the thing I hate most:bowdown:

Same. If they would bring back the login bonus (with the increase for the consecutive amount of times logged in), that would at least make it easier and maybe even added somewhat of an incentive to keep playing.

I just want a 20m car, any of them.

Grinding is the thing I hate most:bowdown:
If you don't like grinding just do a 15 hour race with the rubber band on your DS4 accelerator button overnight, you will pickup 4 million credits ever time you do this.

Last edited:
Back