Changing your flag

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hattori
  • 17 comments
  • 30,118 views
Messages
7
Cyprus
Cyprus
Hi guys,

Can you please tell me how can you change your flag in game?
I haven't found any setting to do so. I have a uk account but I want to represent another country.
 
Last edited:
Interested too. But doubt it will happen.

If I had to guess I would say internet picks the flag.. I could be wrong.
 
Same here. I’m a UK resident but an Irish citizen, and want to race for Ireland in the Nations Cup when it opens.

I suspect it’s tied to wherever your PSN ID was set up though.
 
Same here. I’m a UK resident but an Irish citizen, and want to race for Ireland in the Nations Cup when it opens.

I suspect it’s tied to wherever your PSN ID was set up though.
I thought three nations cup was based on where the manufacturer is based, not what country you live in.
 
I believe the flag is determined by your IP address.
 
I don't think you can change it since the flag is set based on your PSN-Account. So if you live in the U.S. and you have created a US-PSN-Account, then you get the flag for the United States, no matter if you are from Canada, Mexico or from the North Pole.

Btw, this was the same set for GT6.
 
I don't think you can change it since the flag is set based on your PSN-Account. So if you live in the U.S. and you have created a US-PSN-Account, then you get the flag for the United States, no matter if you are from Canada, Mexico or from the North Pole.

Btw, this was the same set for GT6.

So I can go create an Italian PSN account and I'll get an Italian flag?
 
Something worth mentioning is not only the flag depends on your PSN account but the players you get matched up with in the Sport mode depends on your PSN region rather than your actual IP address. Meaning if you play with a US account then you will be playing against North & South Americans. If you're playing on a European/Middle Eastern account then you will be playing against Europeans...etc.

Sadly you can't change it unless you want to move to a brand new account.
 
Something worth mentioning is not only the flag depends on your PSN account but the players you get matched up with in the Sport mode depends on your PSN region rather than your actual IP address. Meaning if you play with a US account then you will be playing against North & South Americans. If you're playing on a European/Middle Eastern account then you will be playing against Europeans...etc.

Sadly you can't change it unless you want to move to a brand new account.

This can't be true. Just played my last two sport races with two opponents from Israel.
 
This can't be true. Just played my last two sport races with two opponents from Israel.
That's odd. When I used my US account, all i got are Americans and some Brazilians and Mexicans. Meanwhile on my Bahrain(i) account, all I got are Europeans and sometimes some saudi's alongside.
 
That's odd. When I used my US account, all i got are Americans and some Brazilians and Mexicans. Meanwhile on my Bahrain(i) account, all I got are Europeans and sometimes some saudi's alongside.

For the most part I've had the same results; not trying to claim you were wrong, just stating it may not be 100 %
 
I thought three nations cup was based on where the manufacturer is based, not what country you live in.
No, for the Manufacturer Cup, if you race for say Chevrolet, you'll be racing under the American flag, whereas Mercedes under the German flag, Toyota under the Japan flag, etc.
 
No, for the Manufacturer Cup, if you race for say Chevrolet, you'll be racing under the American flag, whereas Mercedes under the German flag, Toyota under the Japan flag, etc.
Yeah I was wrong I hadn't really looked before I posted. I looked when I was at home for lunch and read the description silly me
 
Imagine how feel those countries that are no accepted for acc. So my flag must be uk one. And im from baltic countries.
 
Back