Chaparral 2J Race Car

• Thread starter Nuck81
  • 93 comments
Isn't it highly dangerous as well? say if you go over a big bump that the skirts cant deal with means a massive loss of downforce

It can be if the front and rear wings don't generate much downforce which they usually don't on a car that uses ground effect because the more downforce a wing creates the more aerodynamic drag it also has. I'm pretty sure Indy cars use ground effect as their primary means of downforce.

The 2J is hard to beat on any track with a lot of low speed corners especially once it gets out front. On GT4 in the American Championship that car was a nightmare to race against at first.

Who ever said the 2J might be faster than the 787B clearly hasn't driven both cars. the 2J will get smoked by any LMP car.

A year or so ago I got to meet one of the race engineers for Jim Hall. He lives in Prescott Arizona and has all kinds of the neatest memorabilia. He also was affiliated with Mark Donahue (sp?) The car in his garage was an older 12 cylinder ferrari. I'll see if I can dig up a few pictures... How cool though to actually talk to this guy about the goings on and discussions from back in the day. A friend of mine (he's a free-hand artist) took me up there to meet him and show him some of his Ferrari sketches. We spent the afternoon there. What a great day.

That sumbitch has thwarted me for the last time. It has basically smoked my butt on every race I've ever seen it, except on ovals. So i'm going to beat it at its own game.

I've seen it in the Used Cars once, but couldn;t afford it and didn't really know what it was, so I'm just going to grind out with my "Vette RM and check the used cars till it pops up again. I got nothing else to do till I get to level 25 anyway.

I bet once I have it, it drives like a brick :grumpy:

It drives awesome.

I only tried the thing in Arcade and was not that impressed. Maybe I should try some Racing Softs on it.

It's a blast to drive, but the lack of downforce keeps it from being top tier.

Bob loves it though, it's been a reliable workhorse for the dumb goober!!

So after grinding all night for money and XP and checking the used cars every five races, I finally get the 2J to cycle around.

14,000,000cr. I was only still about 6,000,000 short and selling my whole 70 car garage wouldn't have got me enough.

Why oh why....

Its times like this that I am grateful for having multiple friends all born on 12/12/1970.

Thanks guys!

Glad you found a 2j, I love mine and its a beast even on race hards, i cant imagine what its like on softs. Btw if your still looking for a ZZII send me a pm

Oh man my Bob can't win the Historic car race for the life of him :ouch:, I'll trade someone a CIEN concept or a Tank car for a 2J.

I learned that this car can only be beaten in B-Spec two ways.

1. Get a faster 2J.
2. Get a super-tuned Toyota 7 and hope to god there's only 1 2J, and then hope that the car spins out and finishes 12th.

I learned that this car can only be beaten in B-Spec two ways.

1. Get a faster 2J.
2. Get a super-tuned Toyota 7 and hope to god there's only 1 2J, and then hope that the car spins out and finishes 12th.

I let my Bob used the Jag XJ13 fully tuned. He won it with no problem, just have to tell him to slow down at the last chicane.

anyone fancy lending me one so i can beat the historic race on cote d'azur on b spec mode? toyota 7 can get second, but thats it. my ID is my username anyone that decides to let me. :)

HN7
I let my Bob used the Jag XJ13 fully tuned. He won it with no problem, just have to tell him to slow down at the last chicane.

Any chance you can share that tune for the Jag? My idiot driver at level 23 is having trouble and can't finish past 4th in the car, and 2nd in the Toyota 7.

I love this car, it's one of the few cars in this game that has a lot of charachter. I mean, A WHOLE SNOWMOBILE ENGINE JUST TO RUN TWO BIG FANS ALL TO CREATE MORE DOWNFORCE! I mean how cool is that! Imagine if this was something that actually caught on. F1 cars today would have jet turbines that blasted them into the ground so they could turn at 400+ mph!

HN7

I did this, although I didn't really tweak the settings very much, plus I got lucky when the 2J crashed :)

I love this car, it's one of the few cars in this game that has a lot of charachter. I mean, A WHOLE SNOWMOBILE ENGINE JUST TO RUN TWO BIG FANS ALL TO CREATE MORE DOWNFORCE! I mean how cool is that! Imagine if this was something that actually caught on. F1 cars today would have jet turbines that blasted them into the ground so they could turn at 400+ mph!

dont know if trolling or just stupid

its been banned in the past so many times

I won most of my restriction-less races on A-spec with the 2J. The car has infinite grip, it's amazing.

Relax guys, I wasn't being serious. I was simply saying that is something about the car that is original for the game.

The fan's don't 'blast' the cars downward to create more downforce, the fans creates an area of low pressure under the car by having the fan vacuum out the air from under it.

Ah the good old fan car. Many a post about it when it was in GT4. Not really had a problem with it yet im only upto 22 though. That fliping MAZDA 787b keeps doing me in the All Stars. Im using the stealth Mclarren F1 as I usually under power myself to get a bit of fun out of the AI. I think now im gonna have to rethink that stratergy.

I killed All Stars with the Stealth McClaren. Once you get the suspension and tranny right that thing is beautiful.

I, in counterpart of almost all of you... HATE the 2J :grumpy: It may drive like a dream, but for me, it's just an ugly, white, stupid box on wheels... It has given me a lot of trouble in the game... In fact, whenever I get the chance I crash into the damn thing to show him its place :dopey:

I, in counterpart of almost all of you... HATE the 2J :grumpy: It may drive like a dream, but for me, it's just an ugly, white, stupid box on wheels... It has given me a lot of trouble in the game... In fact, whenever I get the chance I crash into the damn thing to show him its place :dopey:

I refer to the 2J as "Captain Pike", because that's what I think of whenever I see the driver's head sticking up out of that box-on-wheels!

original%2Bchristopher%2Bpike.jpg

That sumbitch has thwarted me for the last time. It has basically smoked my butt on every race I've ever seen it, except on ovals. So i'm going to beat it at its own game.

I've seen it in the Used Cars once, but couldn;t afford it and didn't really know what it was, so I'm just going to grind out with my "Vette RM and check the used cars till it pops up again. I got nothing else to do till I get to level 25 anyway.

I bet once I have it, it drives like a brick :grumpy:

if you want i can gift it to you i want nothing in return as some one did me a favor on this forum and gave it to me cause i need help with the same race

if you want i can gift it to you i want nothing in return as some one did me a favor on this forum and gave it to me cause i need help with the same race

Thanks bro, but I've had the car for a while now.

This thread is pretty old, but happened to get resurrected for some reason. I've already been through a YLOD, new PS3, and game transfer since I posted this.

Thanks for the offer though!!!

Thanks bro, but I've had the car for a while now.

This thread is pretty old, but happened to get resurrected for some reason. I've already been through a YLOD, new PS3, and game transfer since I posted this.

Thanks for the offer though!!!

no problem man

Back