Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo REVEALED!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ZedMan1996, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Be careful there @MrWaflz55, you double posted, just pointing that out. But nice picture, the fan car can keep up with the 2X? Not surprised the X2011 beat it though, it is more powerful (IIRC) than the newer Redbull X cars.

2. MarchingSaint

MarchingSaint

This picture alone gets me hyped, like a glimpse at the future of motorsports; high power, alternative powertrains, the more the better.

Griffith500 and MrWaflz55 like this.
  3. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

yeah, I don't know if you can even delete posts, and yes the fan car will leave the 2x flat on it's face in the corners

Niku Driver HC likes this.
  4. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

I don't think you can, but I could be wrong. As for the fan car, it figures that top speed wise it can kill the 2X dead. It's hard to find a proper rival amidst the Redbull X cars...

5. MarchingSaint

MarchingSaint

If we thought that the red bull was radical...
    At this point only the alpine is able to outdo the chaparral, or even nike's or the bertone's.
    The VGT project is going on very well imho, super satisfied of the outcome, only complaint is that i'd like to be teased a little bit more with new pics of future cars.
    Ah, not to forget the SRT's one, hope it's a relaboration of the concept (present in the gt2 era) and viper- mashup.

6. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

I'm also eager to see what the other 'Murican brands will do. Ford's car echoes the hot rod spirit with its uncovered wheels, the Tesla (despite the fact that it'll probably be electric) looks sleek and the SRT is a bit mysterious, but I bet it'll a wild ride for sure. And let's not forget that GM still has their own project to unveil (apparently the 2X was a side project and therefore does not count as GM Design's official project)...

And I'm sure that you, as an Italian, are eagerly expecting Bertone's, Giugiaro's and Lamborghini's projects. If PD has not removed the Bertone from the VGT list yet, that might mean it still can be a reality. And boy, if that happens...

7. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Frame rate was fine for me, even with ten 2Xs in close company

8. Marqus

Marqus

Anyone tried it in the 24 minutes of Le Mans or Spa yet?

9. Arixant

Arixant

Are you playing at 720P? Cause framerates dip for me just having one of the 2X's loaded

10. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Very polarizing picture. It could easily be the snapshot of a transitional period In Motorsports: Traditional techniques still being perfected years later (X2014) vs New wave of techniques previously untried before (2X).

MarchingSaint likes this.
  11. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Yes, 720p on triple screens

12. Arixant

Arixant

Thats why, at 1080p the game has huge framerate issues. Specifically with the 2X and TS030

13. notStig

notStig

I was looking at the car on the track and noticed this also. The flaps position do look to be reversed. The way it is they are putting more even more weight on the outside tires and lifting the inside tires, when you want all tires to have as much grip as possible.

unit-one and RacingManiac like this.
  14. Mercury1

Mercury1 Premium

Yep, agreed; I did both. Slightly understeery and brakes should be adjusted - but handles well and does the race in the low 25mins. Easy money. :)

15. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_4.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_5.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_6.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_3.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_10.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_9.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_8.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_7.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  16. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Now I know why does the 2X not have dirt tires. It doesn't need them. :lol: Infinite grip, even on the roughest terrain, it is the 4X4 of the future. Man, Chaparral thought of everything... :dopey:

Do the Active aerodynamics work as plane flaps when you jump in the air? :lol:

silverman_GT, GBalao888 and Rotorist like this.
  17. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Pretty useless actually. Even a tire angle does a better job at deflecting wind than the wing itself :lol:

18. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Heck, the 2X doesn't actually have any wings, so I'd guess hoping for flaps would be a dumb move. :lol:

19. Rich S

Rich S

Gee really? And so will the Lotus 97T, Formula Grand Turismo, and the Red Bull standard, and on some tracks the red bull Junior. :lol:
    Slightly understeery???!!!! More like "better get your braking done before the straightaway is 3/4 complete." :lol:

I currently have a 42.8 in the time trial at high speed ring. I'm going to say keep it on the fast tracks. We had a "interesting" race with the 2X online at Spa last night, all I'll say is I spent as much time giggling as driving. Lap times varied from 1:38 to 2:08.

Mercury1 and Gerarghini like this.
  20. RobertM525

RobertM525

Yeah, it's not just these VGT cars, either—there are a ton of cars that lack basic spec information, like dimensions or power or weight. The game engine obviously has to have them, so I really have no idea why they're not provided.

Sometimes they're just missing from the "buying" pages for the car but are present once you buy the car and start tweaking the setup. It's baffling why they couldn't get that information carried over.

I don't care how exotic it is, every vehicle in this game is going to have a peak power output and a weight (mass). Even the 2X.

Gerarghini likes this.
  21. ALB123

ALB123

Yes, it REALLY bothers me when the information is not present on the Dealership page. I have bought a couple of cars that I was then mistaken about the actual specs once it was in my garage. I don't know why the heck they have to do that...

22. unit-one

unit-one

I'm glad that many noticed this.
    Maybe this is the problem in the car's handling. You can almost feel how the air blocks the turning ability, slowing down the outside side of the car, while it is supposed to slow down the inside side.

23. RacingManiac

RacingManiac

I doubt that...I am skeptical as to how much the visual side of GT relates to the physics...

24. Griffith500

Griffith500

It's slowing down both sides. The issue is lift / downforce. Maybe we should think of them as ailerons.

[​IMG]

So it is backwards, certainly visually.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    hsv, Boston77 and Morphisor like this.
  25. Nismo34

Nismo34

Maybe its to balance the 4WS at higher speeds?

26. Griffith500

Griffith500

They don't act on the same axis: the steering is yaw, and the flaps operating in tandem and oppositely like that effect a rolling moment on the chassis.

As stated, forcing the car to roll more onto its outside wheels compounds the roll due to the car's inertia, further increasing the difference in load laterally.

What you really want to do is load each tyre equally: hence the normal desire for lower ride height, stiffer springs, anti roll bars etc.

hsv and unit-one like this.
  27. wvmgmidget

wvmgmidget Premium

Well I have determined they are pretty much impossible to drift.

silverman_GT and Griffith500 like this.
  28. Quakebass

Quakebass

I'm curious to see what would happen if someone pointed the car straight up, perpendicular to the ground, and went full throttle... I don't know if the engine will simulate it properly, but I wonder if the thrust is high enough to propel the car upwards?

29. MarchingSaint

MarchingSaint

you mean an upward straight like the one in eiger nordwand?

30. Griffith500

Griffith500

The banks topped with fences at Willow Springs (e.g. outside T1 at Streets) can get a car up onto its backside.