Chassis Dynamometer and Wind Tunnel Spotted in GT Sport

While I won't be holding my breath, having these as features would be awesome. Currently I'm in the motorsports engineering program at my university and while I won't expect GT Sport to get everything right, playing around with these can help prepare my cars for racing online, and give me an idea what to expect when we start dealing with simulations, CFD, and aerodynamics at university. That's the best-case scenario anyway, there's a whole lot more that will go into the real deal but an introduction nonetheless.

Worst-case scenario is that I'll continue what I have been doing and running straight-line tests for speed optimization.

This is 7-post rig, the only difference is, you can SEE what you can't use. But why would we use either?

Last edited:
Yes sure,I still enjoy of the GT6 KW 7-post test suspension system.:dopey:
Let's hope this time the suspention settings will actually do something.

Last edited:
Chassis dynamometer & wind tunnel ... You've got to be kidding me!
If those 2 things were a future features ... it will turn Gran Turismo into a car engineering inspiration!

Wow, I forgot about the 7 post rig for GT6. Why would you want a dyno for a video game? Or a wind tunnel?

A dyno can be useful (albeit rather window dressing) if the game has enough performance tuning adjustment to justify it. The GT series happens to be 17 years past when the tuning was anywhere near good enough to do so, though.

If I recall correctly, the wind tunnel is fully modeled in GT5 and sometimes appears on menu, we just cannot use it.

Not gonna happen, which begs the question why do PD waste time modeling such environments?
It's possible theyalways keep the full GT for themselves and only give us half of what they have at locals, otherwise I don't see a reason.

They have shown that wind tunnel in so many trailers I can't remember how many times I have seen it! I would take anything they show in trailers or demos with a pinch of salt.

While I won't be holding my breath, having these as features would be awesome. Currently I'm in the motorsports engineering program at my university and while I won't expect GT Sport to get everything right, playing around with these can help prepare my cars for racing online, and give me an idea what to expect when we start dealing with simulations, CFD, and aerodynamics at university. That's the best-case scenario anyway, there's a whole lot more that will go into the real deal but an introduction nonetheless.

Worst-case scenario is that I'll continue what I have been doing and running straight-line tests for speed optimization.
Just remember when dealing with GT settings everything is backwards or doesn't work.

Camber settings anyone LOL

Dynamometers are useful in the development and refinement of modern engine technology. The concept is to use a dyno to measure and compare power transfer at different points on a vehicle, thus allowing the engine or drivetrain to be modified to get more efficient power transfer. For example, if an engine dyno shows that a particular engine achieves 400 N·m (295 lbf·ft) of torque, and a chassis dynamo shows only 350 N·m (258 lbf·ft), one would know to look to the drivetrain for the major improvements. Dynamometers are typically very expensive pieces of equipment, and so are normally used only in certain fields that rely on them for a particular purpose.

Just remember when dealing with GT settings everything is backwards or doesn't work.

Camber settings anyone LOL
With GT6 yes. Hopefully things will be straightened out on the new installment but if not then it won't be the end of the world for me. Just have to take notes!

Look at it this way, they've got you all talking about it (again) don't they? What's that saying about publicity...all publicity is, um, how does it go?

I dunno. I wish something like that appeared in Assetto Corsa. I honestly didn't play GT Sport anywhere yet, but just judging from the videos the game doesn't really need all this fancy stuff cause it feels really lifeless and.. sterile I guess. Just my opinion of course.

Latest Posts

Back