Chassis Dynamometer and Wind Tunnel Spotted in GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 7, 2016.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

DingoDile and AgentBlackDog like this.
  2. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

Doubtful we'll ever get to see these places as features. Remember we've seen this windtunnel before - but did we get it? Nah.

3. eminem09494

eminem09494

Like the cfd in GT6...
    NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

forzaturismo and Rotorist like this.
  4. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

While I won't be holding my breath, having these as features would be awesome. Currently I'm in the motorsports engineering program at my university and while I won't expect GT Sport to get everything right, playing around with these can help prepare my cars for racing online, and give me an idea what to expect when we start dealing with simulations, CFD, and aerodynamics at university. That's the best-case scenario anyway, there's a whole lot more that will go into the real deal but an introduction nonetheless.

Worst-case scenario is that I'll continue what I have been doing and running straight-line tests for speed optimization.

5. CarBastard

CarBastard

Remember all the nice things we saw in GT5 and GT6 trailers? Yeah...that all led to disappointment.

It's rather sad. That particular trailer is embedded on my memory, the music and specially the hype I felt back in the day hoping for GT4's succesor. Those were the happy days!

6. nocturnalgrey

nocturnalgrey

Not going to get my hopes to high over this, but I am going to cross my fingers that these features make it in GT Sport.

dimassa19, Drausio and TeamCZRRacing like this.
  7. lancashire lad

lancashire lad

Dynamometer? surely it should be Dyson. :)

forzaturismo and Eyes Fried Open like this.
  8. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

9. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Not gonna happen, which begs the question why do PD waste time modeling such environments?

10. scholesy1899

scholesy1899

This is 7-post rig, the only difference is, you can SEE what you can't use. But why would we use either?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  11. super_gt

super_gt

Yes sure,I still enjoy of the GT6 KW 7-post test suspension system.:dopey:
    Let's hope this time the suspention settings will actually do something.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  12. aguia

aguia

Pay attention at 3.18... PPHC with snow... and so, I wait.

13. ZEROTHEKNIGHT

ZEROTHEKNIGHT

Chassis dynamometer & wind tunnel ... You've got to be kidding me!
    If those 2 things were a future features ... it will turn Gran Turismo into a car engineering inspiration!

14. Tornado

Tornado

And Seattle was spotted in stuff related to GT6

15. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

I simply see these as renders, much like the renders in the GT5 main menu. Nothing more nothing less.

But hey, prove me wrong, PD.

16. TX Executioner

TX Executioner

Wow, I forgot about the 7 post rig for GT6. Why would you want a dyno for a video game? Or a wind tunnel?

17. Tornado

Tornado

A dyno can be useful (albeit rather window dressing) if the game has enough performance tuning adjustment to justify it. The GT series happens to be 17 years past when the tuning was anywhere near good enough to do so, though.

Imari likes this.
  18. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

If I recall correctly, the wind tunnel is fully modeled in GT5 and sometimes appears on menu, we just cannot use it.

It's possible theyalways keep the full GT for themselves and only give us half of what they have at locals, otherwise I don't see a reason.

19. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

Delete

20. TX Executioner

TX Executioner

It seems like an unnecessary step though. Why not just tell me how much power the car has and let me get on with my tuning? I don't see an upside.

ALB123, Eyes Fried Open and glassjaw like this.
  21. Robin

Robin Premium

They have shown that wind tunnel in so many trailers I can't remember how many times I have seen it! I would take anything they show in trailers or demos with a pinch of salt.

theBOGROLL and ryzno like this.
  22. Eyes Fried Open

Eyes Fried Open

Just remember when dealing with GT settings everything is backwards or doesn't work.

Camber settings anyone LOL

super_gt likes this.
  23. Sharpie

Sharpie

Dynamometers are useful in the development and refinement of modern engine technology. The concept is to use a dyno to measure and compare power transfer at different points on a vehicle, thus allowing the engine or drivetrain to be modified to get more efficient power transfer. For example, if an engine dyno shows that a particular engine achieves 400 N·m (295 lbf·ft) of torque, and a chassis dynamo shows only 350 N·m (258 lbf·ft), one would know to look to the drivetrain for the major improvements. Dynamometers are typically very expensive pieces of equipment, and so are normally used only in certain fields that rely on them for a particular purpose.

The Chosen One likes this.
  24. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

With GT6 yes. Hopefully things will be straightened out on the new installment but if not then it won't be the end of the world for me. Just have to take notes!

Eyes Fried Open likes this.
  25. GrumpyGrumps

GrumpyGrumps

Look at it this way, they've got you all talking about it (again) don't they? What's that saying about publicity...all publicity is, um, how does it go?

26. chengman

chengman

Remember that rig in GT6 that we were promised to get? Never got it. It's even in the manual in the disk box.

Imari likes this.
  27. Sharpie

Sharpie

I had to

nocturnalgrey and 2clickswest like this.
  28. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I'm guessing it'll probably work alongside the KW 7 post rig introduced in GT6...oh wait...

29. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

that a waste of time, PD must focus on sound. :)

Tajima likes this.
  30. 2clickswest

2clickswest

I dunno. I wish something like that appeared in Assetto Corsa. I honestly didn't play GT Sport anywhere yet, but just judging from the videos the game doesn't really need all this fancy stuff cause it feels really lifeless and.. sterile I guess. Just my opinion of course.