Cheaters already appearing on the leaderboards!

First and foremost this is Prologue we're talking about. The whole reason it is released is as a development tool for Polyphony. A cynical view would be to say "it's all about the money" but these guys at PD head office put so much time and effort into this game that I firmly believe it isn't just a cash cow. With that in mind I'm sure PD will be enlightened as to the various methods of cheating and probably already talking about ways to eliminate it.

It's as if we've all chipped in £20 to be test drivers for a car we all love and once PD has a few months worth of our feedback on it they'll release the final refined version.

You Just know it was going to happen IVOR we have both seen it happen in most / all racing games lol, We might just have to have a personal leader board thats all. or thread we screenshots to prove times.

Add JwintooX to your PSN mate

Maybe when PD finish the damage model, they will make it a compulsory option for time trials in the future. That way the wall slingers will have to go to greater lengths to cheat a good time out, such as use a cheat device like Action Replay to force damage off.

- Rpg Cyco

They should probably add penalties for that.. where a clean lap is required for the time to be counted. No more than two tires off track, and zero impacts with any barriers.

I do like the idea of a customizable Friends-based leaderboard, though.

Does it still record offline laptimes, too, so you can see your own times?

GT5 will hopefully have some form of scoreboard like this. It can all be the same scoreboard, but different filters for when you are viewing, i.e. friends, top players, or players near your time. It very convenient.

If the cheating and corner cutting is pissing you off, then take a few hours or whatever to catalog the best times and determine via replay what runs are clean, and set up a thread on here with a list of the top clean times for any given event. Each time another clean run breaks into the leaderboard you can add it to the list.

It's Prologue, on the first weekend. It's going to take a little while to get things straightened out. If you want everything to be just how you like it, you'll need to be proactive.

There was no online play in GT4, yet because of dedicated people we have a Weekly Race Series here at GTP that is still going strong, and we have a way to verify clean laps. It shouldn't be that hard to do with GT5P online.

can someone point out some cheaters? Before SpecII, penalties were pretty strict.

It seems they have been eased for online though, because they are much lesser now, at least at standard settings...

Like I said in my original post everyone enjoys playing racing games in their own different ways.

I was delighted to hear that each car has its own leaderboard on each course rather than just a leaderboard for a particular track. Those who enjoy going for laptimes are going to get plenty of life out of Prologue due to the numerous leaderboards. What our plan was since purchasing GT5P on Friday is to aqquire every single car and then hit the Time trials.

Going for laptimes is something I have done ever since playing racing games on my Sega mega drive. Before online play I found going for laptimes a way of extending the life of racing games and I even used to enter competitions in magazines who used to request video footage of your times.

So what im basically trying to say is for some people, competiting for the leaderboards is our way of playing for fun and is how we enjoy playing racing games. Sadly those who are bouncing off the barriers i.e Daytona, High speed ring are ruining it for everyone else.

I agree 100%, leader boards are a great way of stretching out the life of a game and really good fun in the process :cool:
And a little bit of competitiveness never hurt anyone :sly:

I get my Prologue copy tommorow (hopefully! *shakes fist at play.com*) we should compare laptimes :cheers:

was delighted to hear that each car has its own leaderboard on each course rather than just a leaderboard for a particular track. Those who enjoy going for laptimes are going to get plenty of life out of Prologue due to the numerous leaderboards.

I haven't gotten my copy from Gamefly yet. Do the leaderboards have a set limit on how high the list of times for a particular track/car/class go? On HD Concept it only listed the top 100 or so (can't remember exactly).

Also, can you filter by friends? Also, are there scoreboards by other filters like class, horsepower etc? Can you see the complete setups of the drivers on the leaderboards or a portion of their setups?

Cheaters aren't just in leaderboards, check during the actual races. A certain driver called Savage_Henry84 was driving a F40 firstly the wrong direction around Daytona, but then somehow after driving 4 laps in reverse then magically turned around and over took all of the players beating me on the last lap and the last corner. Truly a cheater, I can't understand how else he could have done it.

Ever since my first online match in Gt5:P, i was very annoyed at the clowns who were playing like jerks. It surprises me why these people buy Gt, rather than a game like Burnout where the purpose of the game is te wreck everyone into holy hell. It is disconcerting but on the other hand makes me appreciate clean racers a whole lot more. I cant wait for private matches or the ability to create your own race lobby, all in all, people who play foolishly while find themselvs playing alone in the future..

Cheaters aren't just in leaderboards, check during the actual races. A certain driver called Savage_Henry84 was driving a F40 firstly the wrong direction around Daytona, but then somehow after driving 4 laps in reverse then magically turned around and over took all of the players beating me on the last lap and the last corner. Truly a cheater, I can't understand how else he could have done it.

I hope you are joking. :boggled: Cause that is the name I'm using in the PAL GT5:P, that was on the pro daytona race, a couple of minutes ago? I've been doing that race a lot this afternoon and evening and winning a lot, but I can tell you I wasn't going backwards on my screen, it must be some kind of bug.

Anyway, I had had some good races, not too many incidents, only a couple of guys that ran into me after overtaking me and returning to the race line. The F40 is great around daytona, extremely fast on the straights, if you have a good transmission setup.

I remember your name from the races, but can't remember anything specific about racing you, what car were you driving?

Its this reason alone that I'm nervous about Online play. While its good that Private races will be coming along, for the time being we're stuck with these no talent pieces of **** that ruin the fun for everyone. And its worse when its more then one. People on GTR2 will tell you that there are maniacs who for some reason just thrive on ******* it up for people who are actually driving fairly with videos to prove it. I'm just hoping When I'm storming through the field that the cars I'm passing isn't some idiots that suddenly decide to turn you into the wall or run you off the road.

The obvious solution, since we don't have damage, is simply for PD to include a time-penalty for too much contact with barriers or other vehicles. Slam a wall and get a 10 second penalty. Problem solved in an easy way.

Yep the top 10 (offline) times per track and car.
Only ten? You think with so much more storage space to play with, they could expand the laptime boards a bit.

It's hard to keep track of the times for normal road cars when the top ten list is filled entirely with the ten fastest racing cars in the game. It'd bug me to have to keep a laptime database on my computer.

Its this reason alone that I'm nervous about Online play. While its good that Private races will be coming along, for the time being we're stuck with these no talent pieces of **** that ruin the fun for everyone. And its worse when its more then one. People on GTR2 will tell you that there are maniacs who for some reason just thrive on ******* it up for people who are actually driving fairly with videos to prove it. I'm just hoping When I'm storming through the field that the cars I'm passing isn't some idiots that suddenly decide to turn you into the wall or run you off the road.

This is why until private room option becomes available im sticking with aqquiring the cars & time trials. I find it such a shame that you have to rely on racing against your friends in order to have a clean race. Im sure there are many clean racers out there currently racing but unfortunately there will always be these idiots out to spoil everybody elses fun.

What I don't understand is what fun do they get out of smashing into every one. When I race I enjoy the challenge of trying to pass someone cleanly and there is nothing more satisfying than either slipstreaming someone or outbreaking them and passing them on a bend. When I raced against my friends on Forza 2 we used to have 20 lap races and yet even on the last lap there was nothing between us all and it is this close intense racing which I enjoy the most. Obviously when you have some close races there is bound to be a few bumps against each other but after years of playing racing games you know the difference between someone legitmately trying to pass and accidentally bumping you and those who use you as a brake!

Like I said in my orignal post there are 6 of us who have come from the Xbox 360 to GT5P and when the private room option becomes available you are most welcome to join our rooms for close, intense, competitve but fair racing.

I would like to add that after playing this game since Friday, GT5P is without doubt the best racing game I have ever played and im loving it.:)

I think there should be race's where you can drive like crazy and no penalty at all. There should also be race's with penalty madness for people driving serious.

I like driving serious, but some times it fun just driving and hitting everything :)

i just cant wait for private lobbys coming, i hate to race online now, i have been leading so many times when som ass h**e drives straight up my bottom. and bumps me of the track and before im out of the kitty litter im on last place! and time trials are no fun either when people cheat, hope PD fixes that soon to, cause i love the time trials.

This is why until private room option becomes available im sticking with aqquiring the cars & time trials. I find it such a shame that you have to rely on racing against your friends in order to have a clean race. Im sure there are many clean racers out there currently racing but unfortunately there will always be these idiots out to spoil everybody elses fun.
Unfortunately so.

II IVORBIGUN II
What I don't understand is what fun do they get out of smashing into every one. When I race I enjoy the challenge of trying to pass someone cleanly and there is nothing more satisfying than either slipstreaming someone or outbreaking them and passing them on a bend. When I raced against my friends on Forza 2 we used to have 20 lap races and yet even on the last lap there was nothing between us all and it is this close intense racing which I enjoy the most. Obviously when you have some close races there is bound to be a few bumps against each other but after years of playing racing games you know the difference between someone legitmately trying to pass and accidentally bumping you and those who use you as a brake!

Definately. I'm just puzzled at what sort of pleasure do they get out of doing that to people they don't know or that have done nothing to them.

II IVORBIGUN II
Like I said in my orignal post there are 6 of us who have come from the Xbox 360 to GT5P and when the private room option becomes available you are most welcome to join our rooms for close, intense, competitve but fair racing.

Why thank you. I will look forward to that. Of course you shall see me thursday when I get my PS3.

II IVORBIGUN II
I would like to add that after playing this game since Friday, GT5P is without doubt the best racing game I have ever played and im loving it.:)

Man, I'm jealous of you right now:D

I hope you are joking. :boggled: Cause that is the name I'm using in the PAL GT5:P, that was on the pro daytona race, a couple of minutes ago? I've been doing that race a lot this afternoon and evening and winning a lot, but I can tell you I wasn't going backwards on my screen, it must be some kind of bug.

Anyway, I had had some good races, not too many incidents, only a couple of guys that ran into me after overtaking me and returning to the race line. The F40 is great around daytona, extremely fast on the straights, if you have a good transmission setup.

I remember your name from the races, but can't remember anything specific about racing you, what car were you driving?

I was driving a F430, I was 3rd at the time and I promise a driver called Savage_Henry84 appeared to be driving the wrong direction around the Daytona Oval, and then on the last lap came whoosing the right direction and overtook me. I'm sorry if this was you, it must have been a rather large glitch. But me and the 2 cars infront were swerving to avoid the car.

For your sake I hope it was a glitch.

I don't really see the problem with these cheats, i've only lost once because someone pushed me off, but it annoys me when they wal;ride and ram, so i'm against all the same.

Only ten? You think with so much more storage space to play with, they could expand the laptime boards a bit.

It's hard to keep track of the times for normal road cars when the top ten list is filled entirely with the ten fastest racing cars in the game. It'd bug me to have to keep a laptime database on my computer.

Please tell me I didn't read that correctly... The leaderboards on list the top 10 times Worldwide? My heart just stopped a little.

That can't be. There will be hundreds of thousands of people getting times, but you can only see the top 10? What about your friends times? What about online times, don't those count too for the same tracks as offline?

I know with HD Concept it was similar (I thought it had more than 10 though), but this is a real bummer if that's the way it works with Prologue too. That's real weak sauce. It's fun trying to compete against your friends on the leaderboards.

Please someone tell me, this isn't how the leaderboards work?

I think there should be race's where you can drive like crazy and no penalty at all. There should also be race's with penalty madness for people driving serious.

I like driving serious, but some times it fun just driving and hitting everything :)

I hope you save that hitting everything for your offline sessions, if you used them online this weekend than I think I've called you a lot of names, none of them nice ones, a lot of terminal de..... well let's not go to deep into that.

My opinion on GT5P online:
I had fun on the first tries, than, after a few races, I got better and got in front of the pack, from that moment on I think my name above the car automaticaly changed into "hit me, I'm a ceramic brake":nervous:

Now I've got a fast internet connection so a lot of times I'm hosting games, after a normal tough I just continue racing, but after being banged into a wall or out of a corner and me being punnished with a penalty (!!!! WTF!!!!) I just quit the game and no one will finnish, maybe it's unsporty of me but so are the driving (braking) habits of these children.

Luckily after a lot of races I had two races with people who wanted to enjoy the race like I do, clean, a little contact, but no banging. Now the next has realy happened: I'm running second on HSR, hitting the apex a little more perfect than the car in front of me, so I'm coming out of the corner a little faster, right behind him and gaining fast I'm ready to take my change, desided to overtake him left, he responded and guessed right, so we tough, I loose just enough speed for him to take the checkered flag tigh a huge 0.003 seconds to spare. I actualy applauded him, my wife looking funny at me, ready to call those men in white :sly:

Now, these races put the fun back into the game, but online, I never race beginner races anymore, professional is a bit to hard still but I'll get there.

After these races I went back to offline to get that carreer going, and I found out that there might be a huuuuuge flaw in the penalty system.
I had this online too, but offline the same happenes: when driving in front, it sometimes happens that a car behind hits you in the back or side, sometimes resulting in wallriding or going off track. Now in all cases I am the one getting the penalty while the idiot who committed the crime just takes off in front of you. I hope PD gets this sorted out before GT5, because if it's still there by the time it comes out, I'll be holding my copy off untill it's in the cheap corner or get it second handed. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great game, and because it is prologue I can live with it, but in the final game I might not.

Please tell me I didn't read that correctly... The leaderboards on list the top 10 times Worldwide? My heart just stopped a little.

That can't be. There will be hundreds of thousands of people getting times, but you can only see the top 10? What about your friends times? What about online times, don't those count too for the same tracks as offline?

I know with HD Concept it was similar (I thought it had more than 10 though), but this is a real bummer if that's the way it works with Prologue too. That's real weak sauce. It's fun trying to compete against your friends on the leaderboards.

Please someone tell me, this isn't how the leaderboards work?

From what I have seen, there is one leaderboard per car, per track, per mode.. So assuming there are 71 cars, 12 track and 2 modes (Time and Drift) there are 1704 leaderboards.. Each leaderboard shows you the laps times for EVERYONE.. There are many 1000s of times per leaderboad and I don't think there is a limit

BUT.. You can only 'watch' the lap of the top 10.. This means that at any one time, there are 17040 laps available to watch, but these are only the top ones per lap, per car, per mode!

Is this right? Or can you watch laps from people lower down the ranks?

Jon

From what I have seen, there is one leaderboard per car, per track, per mode.. So assuming there are 71 cars, 12 track and 2 modes (Time and Drift) there are 1704 leaderboards.. Each leaderboard shows you the laps times for EVERYONE.. There are many 1000s of times per leaderboad and I don't think there is a limit

BUT.. You can only 'watch' the lap of the top 10.. This means that at any one time, there are 17040 laps available to watch, but these are only the top ones per lap, per car, per mode!

Is this right? Or can you watch laps from people lower down the ranks?

Jon

Thanks! Phew, that's much better. If there are leaderboards per class per track, for instance - S Class Suzuka, then that's perfect. You didn't mention per class per track, is there??

Having all the extra classes gives everyone a better chance to get to the top of an individual leaderboard. Good stuff.

Thanks! Phew, that's much better. If there are leaderboards per class per track, for instance - S Class Suzuka, then that's perfect. You didn't mention per class per track, is there??

Having all the extra classes gives everyone a better chance to get to the top of an individual leaderboard. Good stuff.

Someone might correct me if i am wrong.. But I don't think there are records for ANY events.. The leaderboards are purely for the Time/Drift trials under the 'arcade' mode....

There may be other leaderboards in the game, but I don't think they are as thorough..

So for the 'trial mode', where you simply set your fastest lap in a session, it goes into the leaderboard against the track/car you were using.. If its in the top 10, your 'video' is saved too.

Can anyone confirm if this is right? Are there any other records/leaderboards in the game??

Jon

Cheaters? Try hackers! Don't believe me?

Go to the P650 online time trial for Daytona. Now look at the guy in second place. He's got a time of 43 seconds with a Ford GT40 Test car (he's only two seconds behind the F2007 BTW!), Not too shabby... Now look at his setup.

He's got R3's front and back! Now I'll be damned if I can get anything more than sports tyres on the GT40, and that's after adding maximum weight, lowering the HP considerably, and lowering the aerodynamic to the absolute minimum!

Honestly, by the time you shoe-horn the GT40 into the 650 point limit (it starts off with circa 750 points!), its so gimped out, that it can do nothing but waddle around the track like a fat old tart! So what gives?

the forza2 lap time penaltie system worked well! On GT5 u can take a kerb one lap get a penalty then not get one the next lap

Latest Posts

Back