CHEATING

• Thread starter tomaso777
  • 42 comments
^^^^At any rate online racing works fine bumper to bumper.
I don’t think the game forward predicts my braking point though if it did how come I ever miss it?
It can’t forward predict my inputs.
But, I race bumper to bumper all the time with no problems.
Imo it works great. I just think no need to overthink these things.

Last edited:
I have a question are there different servers for the 3 daily races than lobby racing .

Last edited:
I have a question are there different servers for the 3 daily races than lobby racing .

Lobby races don't use a server, the server for those is the host, the one that creates the room. His or her console is the server for that room.

Daily races are split into 3 regions which have a server (or multiple) somewhere that everyone in that region connects to. You can make an account in another region to race on that server. (With sometimes lower lag, West coast US is closer to Asia than to South America, East coast US is closer to Europe than to South America)

Each region has their own DR 'pool'. 50K DR in America region has a different 'value' than 50K DR in Europe region. Europe has higher avg skill level and a lot more people playing. A rough break down of the player base was 62% Europe, 23% Americas, 15% Asia and Oceania. (Nov 2019)

PD split the Americas region and the Asia and Oceania regions for a while to have races with less lag. However it led to many empty rooms during off peak hours and bad matchmaking by splitting up an already much lower user base. Europe has very good internet and is much more compact, it's not an issue there. Of course if an American plays on the Europe server, he'll be the laggy driver. A European playing on the Americas server doesn't really register as any different than racing someone from Brazil or Argentina.

Maybe Europe is more competitive since they can drive closer without issues due to better ping. Or maybe Americans just suck at racing.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of on line racing. My quest to reduce lag with hardware and good connection is on going , it is part of the fun being competitive.

Last edited:
5yr ago my ping was at average 16ms at its best by replacing all my Ethernet cables and moving my router that all three main Ethernet cables are of the same quality and length of 50 ft starting at ONT box to router and two 50 ft cables from router going to two ethernet switches one in my race room and the other to the family room . By this simple repair of Ethernet cables gave me a average12ms ping. Small improvement at best and I think my first win in a daily race. The win was a coincidence.

The 89ms ping test that you say is not giving any problem is that on GTS three race daily server or is it a aftermarket test of internet speed on other servers ?

Last edited:
Here is a clip of my PS4 clearly not seeing the same thing as these two guys are seeing on theirs.

I’d be willing to bet that the replays that they saved, don’t look like this.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it look like one or both are having a connection problem. Show me the replay where one gets the penalty and the other doesn’t with no connection problems and tell why.
The reasons I Ask is I am trying to find out how much ping time to server will give multiple driver’s not getting a penalty and only one is single out. I am thinking the one that is seen first by server is the one with a 10ms ping others with a high 90 ms ping aren’t seen for seen for 80 ms at the server. Just thinking there might be a sweet spot for ping time.

Last edited:
Back