Chevrolet Corvette Stingray GT Concept Super Lap

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 74 comments
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema
New seasonal is up.
Info;
Car provided Hot lap on Daytona Road coarse.
Runs's 1/27-2/24 Ranking window 1/27-2/10

Time and prize info
Gold; 2:02.000 70,000 Cr. GT Military 001-C paint chip
Silver 2:06.000 45'000 Cr
Bronze 2:13.000 25,000 Cr.

Haven't run it yet to see what it's going to be like, but with out tuning this is going to be a pure driving challenge. Basic Driver Aid's are available.

It's another pretty easy one, hardest part for me was just getting through turn 1! I am horrible at braking on that corner. Aside from that easy gold.
Haven't tried that but I hate Daytona 1st corner too. Think I'll turn racing line on...

Hmm, Odd. I thought it handled quite nicely for the gold target time.

Took me a few goes at it though since I kept screwing up the braking point at Turn 9 (backstretch chicane). Can't seem to hit that one just right.

I'll want to do this one again with the wheel instead of the DS3.

Yep, looks like I wasn't the only one who got surprised by the cars ability to understeer. What's up with all the concept cars and their weird handling (Toyta FT-1 anyone?)?

Because of the understeer it really feels like you're going super slow and doing something wrong, but a clean lap seems to be enough to get gold in this one. Probably not something I'll return to, wasn't much fun.

Yep, looks like I wasn't the only one who got surprised by the cars ability to understeer. What's up with all the concept cars and their weird handling (Toyta FT-1 anyone?)?

Because of the understeer it really feels like you're going super slow and doing something wrong, but a clean lap seems to be enough to get gold in this one. Probably not something I'll return to, wasn't much fun.
The FT-1 handles great IMO. My only gripe is that it has load of understeer when trail braking.

I was wondering that my self, mayybe they want everyone to have a special blue car even those who didn't buy the anniversary copy.

Is this the car in this event? If so, does everyone get the anniversary livery?
Yes and no. That is the car, but it's not painted quite like that. The real show car itself wasn't even painted like that.
Chevrolet%2BCorvette%2BStingray%2BGran%2BTurismo%2BConcept%2BSEMA%2B2013%2BPhotos%2B(1).jpg

Last edited:
No helps time 2:00.049

Aargh...:banghead:

It felt like the front end was on ice and rear tyres on tarmac...
insanely slippery front end...

And the lovely first corner :lol:
Well at least the track keeper does not have to cut the lawn for a while...

although it was really difficult find braking point cos the lack of decent landmarks...
only shadows and banners that were quit hard to line with the braking...
So i had to do the counting like "1 Mississippi" and hit the brakes :lol:

Feels heavy and overpowerful. Brake early, release and brake again for T1, then keep it smooth the rest of the track and easy gold, even with all aids off. Lots of time to gain over time in this one.

Nice Gold second lap. I'm not a fan of Daytona/Rolex - looks better at night. So long as you are neat and hit the brake points you should be good. (No driver aids - very easy to get a Gold so long as you have some track time previously.)

The car is a bit floppy under brakes - not quite brake early and brake often...

No Paint Chip. Outrage!
And a naff coloured car too. Slug Pellet Blue... great.

it's over powering the tires, gotta baby it. brake early to ditch the speed than let off light accerlation into the corner and trail break it it handles very very well under breaking, but oversteers like mad if you over cook the corner

Back