Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

  • Thread starter Thread starter FAOLIU05
  • 137 comments
  • 19,320 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
RR
Retard alert.


You could have made your point without the name calling.

Otherwise Welcome to GTPlanet.
 
RR
Retard alert. M5 engine winnig awards. Audi RS4 engine winning awards. Audi S4s can easily handle up to 700hp if done correctly just how you can get extreme power out of evos etc. Audi have always been pioneers of technology and have a history to prove it wilst americans were busy with the genocide of the native americans.
Boy, this guy just lost it. Didn't he? :lol: If you really did take my comment seriously, it's time to step away from your computer. Take a deep breath. :rolleyes:
 
As for all this business about the R34s being overhyped, I think it's only in America, where the car is so special because you just can't have one. It's one of those things that you love because you can't have. I would personally die for an R34 GT-R because it would be the only one around... it would be such a sweet individual car. If they were sold here, I don't really know if I would be so excited.
 
RR
What are you talking about comparing 3 countries against one.This is not world war 3. Were talking about who makes better cars. See for americans its not about which car is better its a battle of nations. Europe cars are generally better and it doesnt matter if they are from 3 different countries. A car is a car.

0-60 = evo
1/4 mile = evo (Dont know where that website got it figures from)
top speed = z06
gas mileage = z06 (who cares?????????????)
handling = Evo (It keeps up with the murcelago)
price = Depends on which country you are in
Nurburing lap time = Evo 8 FQ400

So much for the evo not being a z06 beater. Next time do your research from the view of a country that both cars are avilable in.
Let me remind you people that the 7'56 time was achieved by your standard every day 2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6. There were no Z51 parts or any upgrades made or considered.

Okay... Why isn't anyone bashing this guy? RR, you're comparing an $80,000 car with a $50,000 car? Why don't you compare this 2005 Mitsubishi FQ400 with a DRM C500/RSR or a 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z06?

Both the 2002 RSR and 2005 Z06 rape the hell out of the FQ400 in every aspect of track performance. Go ahead... Do the comparisons and see for yourself. But I guess you can't because you got banned. :dunce:
 
FAOLIU05
Okay... Why isn't anyone bashing this guy? RR, you're comparing an $80,000 car with a $50,000 car? Why don't you compare this 2005 Mitsubishi FQ400 with a DRM C500/RSR or a 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z06?

Both the 2002 RSR and 2005 Z06 rape the hell out of the FQ400 in every aspect of track performance. Go ahead... Do the comparisons and see for yourself. But I guess you can't because you got banned. :dunce:

For your reference:

UK prices:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400: £46,994
Chevrolet Corvette C6 (Personal Import only): £42,995

Same price bracket.

Top Gear track test:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400: 1'28.9
Chevrolet Corvette C6: 1'26.8

2.1s (2.4%) difference in favour of the Corvette.

Only the Evo's time was in the wet. The Corvette's time was pretty good though - only three cheaper cars could beat it so far.
 
the evo fq400 is just an illogical car compared ot the Z06. Only people who buy the fq400 are those with way too much money.


The Evo FQ 400 is deffinatly faster though....at eating up gas :)
 
a6m5
And in that thread, he's telling everyone how he won the argument in this thread, because I keep going back to the MSRP? FAOLIU05 has made it pretty clear that Skyline GT-R sucks, because it doesn't perform as an $90,000(U.S.) sports car should. Well, it's more like an $46,000 sports car, and it's MSRP is very close to the normal/stock Corvettes.

Here's another interesting comparo, "FAOLIU05 Style":

In Japan, it would be the $45,951 Skyline GT-R vs. the $64,148 Stock Corvette. Vette cost over $18,000 more than GT-Rs. I don't think this is a fair way to compare these two cars, but that is the formula he uses.
In America:

The 1998 Chevrolet C5 Corvette sells for $36,000 (MSRP).
The 1999 Chevrolet C5 Corvette Hardtop (Which is basically a Z06 or Z51 production model) sells for $38,400 (MSRP)
The 2001 Chevrolet C5 Corvette sells for $38,000 (MSRP).
The 2002 Chevrolet C5 Corvette sells for $38,000 (MSRP).
The 2003 Chevrolet C5 Corvette sells for $38,000 (MSRP).
The 2004 Chevrolet C5 Corvette sells for $38,000 (MSRP).

In America, the Skyline R34 GTR would've sold for $7,000 over a stock Corvette, and only $5,000 under a Z06. For the $45k-$46k, I'm just showing you aren't getting much for the money. From a logical consumer standpoint, the Skyline wouldn't be the best buy for the money.

My original point was just that. And I succeeded at making that point. Nobody (including Famine) did anything to derail my campaign against the Skyline R34 GTR. Sure, he made a lot of sly remarks, but ultimately did nothing for any kind of cause other than make me look like a dumbass. I do agree, he does excell at making people look stupid. But does that make them wrong? Nope.
 
Famine
For your reference:

UK prices:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400: £46,994
Chevrolet Corvette C6 (Personal Import only): £42,995

Same price bracket.

Top Gear track test:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400: 1'28.9
Chevrolet Corvette C6: 1'26.8

2.1s (2.4%) difference in favour of the Corvette.

Only the Evo's time was in the wet. The Corvette's time was pretty good though - only three cheaper cars could beat it so far.
I guess this is just as far as America goes... But this is the MRSP value I saw:
FQ-400 MSRP According to Fast-Auto's

Let me remind you people that Fast-Auto's source is Mitsubishi UK.
 
$85,000/1.85 ($/£) = £45,945

FAOLIU05
I do agree, he does excell at making people look stupid.

I didn't have to try very hard in your case though...

FAOLIU05
I'm being completely open-minded about this.

FAOLIU05
my campaign against the Skyline R34 GTR

As long as you're USING figures to PROVE a point, rather than VIEWING figures to FORM a point, you're wrong. And for all of your protestations in the other thread about "being completely open-minded", you aren't. You hate the Skyline. You've stated this repeatedly and have now said you're "campaigning" against it. How "open-minded" is this?

This makes any statistics you choose to use - and I note with satisfaction that you're still using a single source and not collating information from multiple sources - biased towards your argument, because they are the figures you have chosen to use, and you're simply unwilling to consider any others.


Fact is you're comparing a 2-seater sports car against a 4-seater fast saloon car. I've no idea why.

Out of interest, how good is the auto Corvette in snow? As you said earlier about the Caterham "Good luck in winter! :dunce:".
 
Famine
$85,000/1.85 ($/£) = £45,945
It still costs me and other Americans $85,000.

Famine
I didn't have to try very hard in your case though...
Thanks for proving my point. ;)

Famine
As long as you're USING figures to PROVE a point, rather than VIEWING figures to FORM a point, you're wrong. And for all of your protestations in the other thread about "being completely open-minded", you aren't. You hate the Skyline. You've stated this repeatedly and have now said you're "campaigning" against it. How "open-minded" is this?

This makes any statistics you choose to use - and I note with satisfaction that you're still using a single source and not collating information from multiple sources - biased towards your argument, because they are the figures you have chosen to use, and you're simply unwilling to consider any others.

Fact is you're comparing a 2-seater sports car against a 4-seater fast saloon car. I've no idea why.
I'm comparing the Z06 and R34 because you asked eariler in the "skylines" thread:
Famine
I didn't say which you'd rather have. I said which you'd rather have as a daily driver.
Of course I brought up the Tuscan S over the Testarossa as a hypethetical. I did state this though:
FAOLIU05
I apologize. I for some reason didn't read "daily driver." However, anyone who uses a $90,000 sportscar as a daily driver has just as much sense as someone who would drive a Testrossa every day! However, in America, Skyline maintenence would be just as expensive and time consuming.

I'd much rather have the 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 as my daily driver. It has way better performance, it is way more reliable than a Skyline, and it is a complete womanizer.
It says right there above, I'd rather have the 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. I posted other reasons why I would like to have the Z06 as a daily driver. But then some guy said this:
Strikenine
Corvettes beat the GT-R? What the hell is this guy smoking? You need to get off that stuff man. I'm worried about you.
And another guy said this:
Sti04
what makes you think a stock Vettes Z06 can't beat a stock skyline R34? forget about the SS and WRX, i am talking about 2004 Corvettes Z06. i do love skylines myself, but i am also a Vettes fan. if you tell me a stock 385hps car can't beat a stock 300hps car (with similar cornering and handling) then it must be the drivers i guess.
And from there the comparisons began... Which is better? Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR.

Not only did all that happen... But people like to group both the Skyline and Z06 in the same class (whether or not one is a "saloon car" or a sportscar). As long as people do this, people will say,

"durr durr! Skylines will so kick everyone's ass! durr durr!"

And then people will say this,

"If the Skyline is classed with the Z06, than of course its going to kick its ass and it will be worth the $46k! Durr durr!"

To show people that the Skyline isn't what its all cracked up to be, I compared it against cars of its class - Evo, Sti (which you underestimated), Supra, and S4 (which you underestimated), and of course the Z06 (which is in the same class according to every GT game and every Automobile source in the world). The comparisons I made derive from that. But my original point was that Skyline's aren't that great... Stated here:

FAOLIU05
What the hell do people see in freak'in Skylines!? I mean really... They look like bricks and move like bricks.

Now, I've done my job and I succeeded in making my point. There is no comparison between the Skyline and Z06 - as you smart people soon caught on to. And also that the Skyline (according to my unaltered statistics) isn't that great of a sportscar and is certainly not worth the $46k or in my case the $90k - whether it runs 13 seconds flat or not.

Famine
Out of interest, how good is the auto Corvette in snow? As you said earlier about the Caterham "Good luck in winter! :dunce:".
Does better than a Caterham.
 
FAOLIU05
It still costs me and other Americans $85,000.

Okay. You're clearly missing the point here.

"X car" costs EIGHTY-FIVE THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS. There are 1.85 American dollars in one British Pound Sterling. The sum of EIGHTY-FIVE THOUSAND AMERICAN DOLLARS divided by 1.85 comes to FORTY-FIVE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FIVE British Pounds Sterling.

The list price of "X car" is very close to that in the UK or, for your benefit,

List price in UK = List price in US.

Do you see? $85,000 = £46,000, give or take.

And since I don't believe you can get the car in the US anyway (it's a Ralliart UK car), it doesn't cost you anything.


FAOLIU05
I'm comparing the Z06 and R34 because you asked eariler in the "skylines" thread

Actually, I didn't. Read it through again, My posts are in indigo. I mentioned the Z06 twice - once to correct your figures and once to ask why you were comparing a 2-seater 6.0 V8 sports car to a 4-seater 2.6 i6 saloon car.

FAOLIU05
Not only did all that happen... But people like to group both the Skyline and Z06 in the same class (whether or not one is a "saloon car" or a sportscar). As long as people do this, people will say,

"durr durr! Skylines will so kick everyone's ass! durr durr!"

And then people will say this,

"If the Skyline is classed with the Z06, than of course its going to kick its ass and it will be worth the $46k! Durr durr!"

Ah! The crux of the problem at last.

You don't like PEOPLE who like Skylines. Why didn't you just say that in the first place?


FAOLIU05
To show people that the Skyline isn't what its all cracked up to be, I compared it against cars of its class - Evo, Sti (which you underestimated), Supra, and S4 (which you underestimated), and of course the Z06 (which is in the same class according to every GT game and every Automobile source in the world)

The figures I gave for the STi and S4 were spot on.

You chose ONE source and took its word verbatim. I picked multiple sources and averaged the results. Your figures are prone to a higher standard deviation than mine.


FAOLIU05
Does better than a Caterham.

You are priceless, you know that?

Have you ever driven a Caterham? Do you even GET them in the US? And you're judging how one drives in the snow from... what basis?

I'll help you out - lightweight, low power, low mass-to-tyre-footprint ratio (pressure), manual car against heavy, high power, high mass-to-tyre-footprint ratio, automatic car.
 
Whatever... I don't even give a crap anymore... I won. End of story.

You don't even have the balls to quote me correctly. Arguing with you is pointless. 👎
 
FAOLIU05
Whatever you win... I don't even give a crap anymore... I won. End of story.

And you even manage to contradict yourself there too.

Tell me - how are you judging how a Caterham performs in the snow?
 
Nice twisting of my words again Famine... Good quote - seeing as how I never said that.
 
FAOLIU05
Nice twisting of my words again Famine... Good quote - seeing as how I never said that.

What?

I hit "Reply". Those were your exact words. If you chose to edit them out afterwards that's your problem. Don't make ME out to be a liar just because you had a change of heart and didn't have whatever genitals you deem appropriate to stick by your original comment.


You arguing with anyone is pointless.

You ignore anything that doesn't fit with your preconceived ideas and dodge questions.

HOW ARE YOU JUDGING THE CATERHAM'S PERFORMANCE IN SNOW, FAOLIU05? It's a pretty easy question.
 
Famine
The figures I gave for the STi and S4 were spot on.
Hmmm... These quotes say otherwise... You clearly underestimated very car I pulled up and brought to attention.

FAOLIU05
Look, there are plenty of cars that kick the hell out of the Skyline and can be an every day driver. For instance and statistically speaking... The Subaru WRX STi. It's superior in every aspect of racing and is powered by a single turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. Or how about the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII MR. It's powered by a single turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. If you can find one, there is the Toyota Supra Turbo which runs with a twin-turbo 6-cylinder and surpasses the Skyline in every aspect also. Or how about an Audi S4? Or how about the 350Z?
FAOLIU05
Or how about an Audi S4?
Famine
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa-hahahaha!

Wait... You're serious?
FAOLIU05
Or how about the 350Z?
Famine
Oh my stars... :rolleyes:
FAOLIU05
Nürburgring Nordschleife:
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 8'18
2002 Audi RS6 - 8'20
2000 BMW M3 - 8'22
2003 Audi S4 - 8'24
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - 8'24
2003 Nissan 350Z - 8'26
2002 BMW M5 - 8'28
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR - 8'28

You haven't provided any evidence that say otherwise... All you said was...
Famine
I can't stand is liars who manipulate figures to prove their opinion, rather than people who critically analyse figures to form one.

Famine
Which sources did you use? I can't for the life of me find any reference in there.
Now thats contradictive. Where are your sources? Do you have another source in which you get N-ring times off of?
 
Your quotes. Your BS figures. And you never answered my question about your source in the first instance - because YOU don't answer questions.

As a follow-up HOW ARE YOU JUDGING THE CATERHAM'S PERFORMANCE IN SNOW, FAOLIU05? It's a pretty easy question.
 
I'm putting a halt to this thread for the time being. Nothing productive is happening here.

Hit the lockers, gentlemen.


M
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back