Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

  • Thread starter Thread starter FAOLIU05
  • 137 comments
  • 19,330 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
JNasty4G63
Shall I go on???

Hilg
Oh bull****. You also didn't quote: "From the LIST I drew from..."

And yes, from the list I drew those times from, the majority of the cars running near or under 8 minutes were supercars.
 
a6m5
Alright. Hey, I'm not trying to be a smarta**. I apologize, if I came across as one. :) I'm just saying it would be bit more fair to compare stock corvette's numbers against stock R34's, because their MSRP should be about the same. Maybe Corvette's numbers will still be superior to the R34's, I don't even know to be honest.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Z06. I'm sure it's an awesome car. 👍
Sorry if I came off as some hard ass as well. I jumped the gun a few times here.
Ah well... Soon to come: 2006 Z06 (505hp) Vs. 2005 R34 Z-Tune ($160,000 and 500hp). 👍

PS. And the regular Corvettes cost less than $40,000 is memory serves me right.
 
FAOLIU05
Oh bull****. You also didn't quote: "From the LIST I drew from..."

And yes, from the list I drew those times from, the majority of the cars running near or under 8 minutes were supercars.
WHO CARES!!!!!! You said it, said you didn't, I showed you did, and now your whining!!!!! You procured a list of cars that are at or under 8, and then stated those times are "Supercar territory". I then showed how a lowly Subaru can break 8, and you blab some crap about its weight and a Miata and turbos and some other crap. All I'm saying is, you need to really think things out before stating them. No one here ever said the Vette wasn't a fast, great performance machine. But, anytime someone questioned your logic, you got all mad. You aren't an "auto-enthusiast", your a Vette fanboy.

Hilg
 
Revheadnz
Japanese flat 6 AWD GT car.

OMFG JOO NOOB!!111 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: YOU ****EN IDIOT ITS A STRAIGHT SIX NT A FLAT 6 U NOOB OMG I WULD SO KIK UR AZZ RITE NOW :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:


;) :D

Someone say something about 13 year old posters? :sly:
 
FAOLIU05
Hah, well perhaps thats why Gan-San won. Didn't know that people would let other people barrow $250,000 cars to race at high speeds.

Though I'm sort of a Corvette activist, I can admitt when a car is faster. I'm not ignorant. I'm a car enthusiast.

Yes - and they put the fastest and the bravest guy in the Honda NSX-R. They have to make the Japanese look comparable in the league of the Supercars (Ferrari, Lamboghini (sp), and Porsches).

They do infact let Best MOTORing borrow their expensive cars - do you think they buy all the cars shown on their videos? No.

I'm glad you would admit when a car is faster - but in my opinion - even with the Nurburgring time - I think the Z06 is a tad quicker. Put Gan San in a Z06 at the ring then we will see.
 
JNasty4G63
WHO CARES!!!!!! You said it, said you didn't, I showed you did, and now your whining!!!!! You procured a list of cars that are at or under 8, and then stated those times are "Supercar territory". I then showed how a lowly Subaru can break 8, and you blab some crap about its weight and a Miata and turbos and some other crap. All I'm saying is, you need to really think things out before stating them. No one here ever said the Vette wasn't a fast, great performance machine. But, anytime someone questioned your logic, you got all mad. You aren't an "auto-enthusiast", your a Vette fanboy.

Hilg
I'm a bit of both. A fanboy and enthusiast. You really have no room to talk. The "lowly" Subaru is basically a track car, weighing less than 3,000lbs. ****, it almost weighs as much as the Elise 111R. Of course its going to run an exceptional time. :dunce:

And any moron knows that anthing in between 8'10 and 7'30 belongs to the production supercars. Most of the cars running in between those times are Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and Porsches.
 
FAOLIU05
Sorry if I came off as some hard ass as well. I jumped the gun a few times here.
Ah well... Soon to come: 2006 Z06 (505hp) Vs. 2005 R34 Z-Tune ($160,000 and 500hp). 👍

PS. And the regular Corvettes cost less than $40,000 is memory serves me right.
Just checked. Corvette MSRP $44,510.

Also, I believe the Z-Tune Skylines are highly limited, hand(w/tools :D) crafted model. They are built with used R34 parts, Nissan hunted down all over Japan.
 
The Z Tune only had 20 models produced right? Which kind of makes it an unfair comparision.
 
Taurine
The Z Tune only had 20 models produced right? Which kind of makes it an unfair comparision.
Jeeeeeeeeeeez. I didn't know it was that limited. :crazy: I was guessing it was more along lines of couple hundred or something.
 
Taurine
The Z Tune only had 20 models produced right? Which kind of makes it an unfair comparision.
Of course it would be unfair... :grumpy:











Why would it be unfair?
 
FAOLIU05
Of course it would be unfair... :grumpy:











Why would it be unfair?

A mass produced car against a limited production car?

How often would you run into a Z Tune compared to a Z06, not even considering that the USA would never get them...
 
Yes only 20.
 
VIPERGTSR01
Yes only 20.
You know. I just realized that I've never even seen an R34. I think it's safe to say, I'll never get to see an Z-Tune in my life time. :grumpy:
 
FAOLIU05
.....You really have no room to talk. The "lowly" Subaru is basically a track car, weighing less than 3,000lbs. ****, it almost weighs as much as the Elise 111R. Of course its going to run an exceptional time. :dunce:
OK, now your just getting worse. First you talk about the Subaru weighing as much as a Miata, which it outweighs by 600lbs. And now, you think it "almost weighs as much as the Elise 111R" Is this the kind of knowledge we can expect here??? You really have no idea. NO Elise has ever been anywhere close to the weight of an STi. The 111R checks in at 1900lbs. Hmmm, by my math thats roughly 1100lbs lighter than the Suby. WOW, close, really it was. 👎 :grumpy:
FAOLIU05
And any moron knows that anthing in between 8'10 and 7'30 belongs to the supercars. Most of the cars running in between those times are Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and Porsches.
See, now your arguing personal preferences. What you say is a "supercar" might not be what others consider "supercar". But no, anyone who doesn't agree with you is a moron. Do you then consider the BMW M3 CSL a supercar?? Or the new Evo IX?? How about an Audi RS4??? One is a 2-door coupe, one a 4-door sedan, the other a wagon. Those supercars to you??? By their times they are, but I highly doubt anyone will consider them supercars. Even the morons. :dunce:

Hilg
 
FAOLIU05
Well done indeed. I've seen a video where a whole bunch of supercars got together (Lamborghini Mercielago and Gallardo, Ferrari 360, Porsche Carrera GT and some other cars) to run at some track. An old man took the wheel behind a the NSX-R and raped everyone. They caught up to him on the straights, but he flew through the corners and left them all in the dust. They are very incredible machines, and I'm afraid they're faster than the Z06.
You are so wrong. The NSX-R did not win. The Murcielago took the win. The old man got to cocky and took the line a bit wrong.

Gan-San caught up, but in the straight, the Murcielago took off faster than Gan-San.
 
Taurine
OMFG JOO NOOB!!111 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: YOU ****EN IDIOT ITS A STRAIGHT SIX NT A FLAT 6 U NOOB OMG I WULD SO KIK UR AZZ RITE NOW :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oops.
 
McLaren F1GTR
You are so wrong. The NSX-R did not win. The Murcielago took the win. The old man got to cocky and took the line a bit wrong.

Gan-San caught up, but in the straight, the Murcielago took off faster than Gan-San.


Didnt the Murcielago take him on the straight on the last lap? or maybe lap before? due to the big power difference.
 
Due to both the corvette and the skyline having to be imported in Europe, they both cost about the same over here. However, the Skyline would be cheaper to run due to its smaller engine.

Why not say that they are both great cars and that they each have awesome performance.

Total respect for both cars.
 
I have a corvette beater for you.

The evo fq400. Faster 0-60 time than your z06 faster 1-4mile than your z06 and about the same prize as your z06 except that the evo will hold its value better. The evo also has alot of a faster nurburing time and so in every way its better than your z06. So much for your corvette being the greatest. Good in a straight line but a pig around corners.

American cars compared to european cars is like comparing mobile fones of the 80s to the ones we have 2day. Big brashy with big engine/battery and only good for making calls/going fast in straight line.
 
Apclps
Due to both the corvette and the skyline having to be imported in Europe, they both cost about the same over here. However, the Skyline would be cheaper to run due to its smaller engine.

Why not say that they are both great cars and that they each have awesome performance.

Total respect for both cars.

Eh the First imported R34 GT-R I found on autotrader cost around £27,000 and there were a few around the 27/30k price mark. The UK spec ones are more expensive than that it seems.

Wow, the first lot of C5 Vettes I found started at £16,000. The First Z06 I found cost £24,000.

Strangely enough I was expecting the Vettes to be more expensive, but I think it's because the Skyline is more sought after here than the Vette.

And for £20 grand I could get an imported 04/5 Skyline 350GT Coupe, although it's not comparable with an R34 GT-R being more luxry orientated.

I can't see much difference in maintenence and fuel costs though, as both probably cost large amounts to maintain, being performance orientated.

I suppose it just comes down to what you like, i'd take neither and go for an R32 GT-R instead.

RR
American cars compared to european cars is like comparing mobile fones of the 80s to the ones we have 2day. Big brashy with big engine/battery and only good for making calls/going fast in straight line.

I'm not a huge American car fan at all, but several class wins in LeMans for Vipers and Vettes sort of disproves that. I mean the C6 Got the class win on it debut.
 
See, FAOLIU05 - it's not just me. Everyone here can see right through your "statistics" down to the core issue.

The other thread, in case anyone's bothered.
 
Famine
The other thread, in case anyone's bothered.



Oh boy :indiff:, that thread went down hill the second FAOLIU05 posted.

I think he hoped to get away from you Famine and find more Skyline haters by making this thread in here.
 
ONLY NUBS LIKE SKYLINES

AND ONLY BIGGER NUBS DRIVE WHITE R33 GTS25T SKYLINES :mad:
 
Race Idiot
ONLY NUBS LIKE SKYLINES

AND ONLY BIGGER NUBS DRIVE WHITE R33 GTS25T SKYLINES :mad:


:lol: Yeah stupid nubs!!
 
VIPERGTSR01
Didnt the Murcielago take him on the straight on the last lap? or maybe lap before? due to the big power difference.
Yeah, Gan-San got back ahead, but the V12 of the Lamborghini put out so much speed, it passed Gan-San on the last lap. Gan-San almost had it though.

Another reason the NSX is the Ferrari of Japan! :D
 
McLaren F1GTR
Yeah, Gan-San got back ahead, but the V12 of the Lamborghini put out so much speed, it passed Gan-San on the last lap. Gan-San almost had it though.

Another reason the NSX is the Ferrari of Japan! :D

Yes. The NSX-R was the only JDM production car at the moment, to face these rivals. The NSX-R was pushed way harder than the other exotics - and you can tell by the racing. I love the Honda NSX-R though - it's a shame that the NSX is ending production from what I heard. Rumors is that the HSC is no-longer.

Imagine what a NSX-R can do with a few more horse power - can you say a rival for the Ferrari.

Lamborghini sure owned the NSX on the straight though - it was without a doubt an entertaining race.

Who's up to see the Skyline Z Tune (500hp - and weighs the same as a stock R34) - with suspention tuning from Nismo.

Z tune vs Lamborghini Murcielago vs Ferrari 360 Stradle vs Ferrari F430 vs Porsche 911 GT3 vs Honda NSX-R.

A guy can dream right?!
 
Well, when the NSX debut, they did a test with the '90 or '91 NSX against a 348 Ferrari, and the NSX won.
Which of course won its title.


Then a test was done with a later NSX model (Type-R, I think)against a F355. I think the F355 only won by a few .milliseconds.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Well, when the NSX debut, they did a test with the '90 or '91 NSX against a 348 Ferrari, and the NSX won.
Which of course won its title.


Then a test was done with a later NSX model (Type-R, I think)against a F355. I think the F355 only won by a few .milliseconds.

Was it a 2002 NSX-R? If it was - the NSX should have won. The NSX-R is more in the league of the 360 Modena and Stradle.

If it was the 1992 NSX-R (I believe it was 92) - then the F355 is probably faster.

So it goes like this:

The NSX was made to beat the 348
The NSX and the 355 are about the same as far as performance
The NSX-R and the 360 (Modena) are about the same as far as performance
The 360 Stradle eats NSX-R
 
All hail Famine :bowdown:

Kicking ass and taking names.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back