Chevy Camaro SS '10 Challenge!

• Thread starter KaroSVTR
  • 1,463 comments
I did 15 laps at route x today! None were the car I even wanted to do :lol:

5 on my srt8 tc, 5 on my g37 and 5 on my x2 pulling a 512bb (got the little thing to go up to about 320 but could've gotten faster if he had a longer transmission)

I just started recently going some breaking in at route X. Looks weird to see slower cars drafting a Veyron doing 320 mph. Was passed once doing 320 in my zr1 by an HPA golf doing around 324 drafting an Enzo or Veyron, kinda shocked me.

@karo. Your doing timed full throttle right ?

I just started recently going some breaking in at route X. Looks weird to see slower cars drafting a Veyron doing 320 mph. Was passed once doing 320 in my zr1 by an HPA golf doing around 324 drafting an Enzo or Veyron, kinda shocked me.

@karo. Your doing timed full throttle right ?

Ya, i launch it in 1st gear quick shift to 2nd

Ya, i launch it in 1st gear quick shift to 2nd

Yeah ok, me too, just not timed , That thing is kinda like shifting the samba bus with a mid-turbo, hates to be revved out.

Guess I'll keep trying the timed method till I get it lol

Yeah ok, me too, just not timed , That thing is kinda like shifting the samba bus with a mid-turbo, hates to be revved out.

Guess I'll keep trying the timed method till I get it lol

Ya what ever your top speed is seems fine. Stretch 2nd all the way to the left. Set the rest of the gears as well if it gets messing.
For launching in 1st its hard ya, but doable. If your having a hard time launch it at a lower RPM like 4000-5000rpm then as soon as it gets going shift to 2nd. Its gona bog but we want that lol

Ya what ever your top speed is seems fine. Stretch 2nd all the way to the left. Set the rest of the gears as well if it gets messing.
For launching in 1st its hard ya, but doable. If your having a hard time launch it at a lower RPM like 4000-5000rpm then as soon as it gets going shift to 2nd. Its gona bog but we want that lol

And you have to make sure your first gear is all the way left too otherwise it will not work.

Would like to drop in and say, I came across the SLR McLaren '03 in the UCD and decided to grab it and test it against its '09 sister with the 19inch wheels. The car has the same power, but without being able to make a carbon hood, adds about however many extra KG's that is. I want to say it weighs 1333kg compared to the 1328kg or so of the '09. 10 minutes of tuning and I've got her down to a 9.187s compared to my current 9.180 on the '09. Not bad for a car 6 years older :)

Would like to drop in and say, I came across the SLR McLaren '03 in the UCD and decided to grab it and test it against its '09 sister with the 19inch wheels. The car has the same power, but without being able to make a carbon hood, adds about however many extra KG's that is. I want to say it weighs 1333kg compared to the 1328kg or so of the '09. 10 minutes of tuning and I've got her down to a 9.187s compared to my current 9.180 on the '09. Not bad for a car 6 years older :)

It's like the Aston Martin DB9 '03 and the DB9 '06. Both are same, but I'm guessing that the weight may be a few KG's more because of like you said, the carbon fiber hood.

Short shifting is shifting at a lower rpm and not winding the engine out to redline....shifting early

You may need to tighten your gears up then. Are you getting lag when you shift?

I think I'm getting lag... Do you mean where your car kind of jumps when you shift? Like the shift not being smooth? I've tried doing the short shift over and over it just makes me extremely slow? My 1st and second gear are all the way to the left, i left 3rd alone 5th is max to the right and 4th is pretty lol.

I think I'm getting lag... Do you mean where your car kind of jumps when you shift? Like the shift not being smooth? I've tried doing the short shift over and over it just makes me extremely slow? My 1st and second gear are all the way to the left, i left 3rd alone 5th is max to the right and 4th is pretty lol.

Exactly. You need to space them closer together when this happens. Just move 2nd closer to 1st and the same for any other gears you're having the issue with. 👍

Latest Posts

Back