Chewbacca is dead

• Thread starter kikie
  • 22 comments
383T.gif

RIP Peter Mayhew

However the topic title isn't true. Chewbacca the character is still very much alive. I would retitle this as "Iconic 'Chewbacca' actor, Peter Mayhew, dies at *insert age*"

However the topic title isn't true. Chewbacca the character is still very much alive. I would retitle this as "Iconic 'Chewbacca' actor, Peter Mayhew, dies at *insert age*"
It's the role for which he's best known and it's presented as a "Current Event" in the appropriate subforum; I think the title is just fine.

RIP Peter Mayhew

Don't take the thread title too seriously. It is a referral to Peter Mayhew.

If you and @DesertPenguin want to go on that road, you are also (also meaning that I'm wrong as well) both wrong. Chewbacca has never been alive. It is a role in a film and only a costume.
It has never been and never will be a real person/creature. :D

Agreed.

Also agreed, Chewbacca isn't dead.
It was a wordplay and a referral to Peter Mayhew.

"Hey, a famous guy's died. Let's argue the toss about whether it's appropriate to refer to him by the name of by far his most famous role or not in a thread about his death."

No-one, ever.

Or you could just tell me what you're on about. Peter Mayhew had a joke that he would say "Chewbacca is dead"? Did he not like the character for a little while? I'd like to know what that's about.

Yes, it sucks that he died, but let's celebrate his life. What was this joke?

Sorry Famine, but we're not arguing about his name. I just wanna know what this joke is.
You say it's "crass" to refer to the actor by the name of his most famous role in the title of a thread about his death. Do you not think it's crass to fill 30% of that thread about his death to argue about it?

Pack it in. Or take it to PMs.

Please delete. Misunderstanding with kikie and I has been resolved. English sucks as a language. Leave it at that :lol:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back