chilicoke's cockpit *03/15 UPDATE: Carbon fiber shifter paddles (pg8)

• Thread starter chilicoke
  • 245 comments
Hello chilicoke inadvertently not bother me could find the measures "complete" his cockpit. wanted to offer one to my cousin he likes simulators and cockpit as his spectacular thought about doing this one not wanting to emulate. but I loved her too. I await the response if it measures something that can guide me know. my email and abio-6.11@hotmail.com.

required to understand

Hello chilicoke,

i feel like im stalking you,

i know you mentioned that each person should be inspired to build there own simulator, but if i could just get the rectangular measurement of the base and the angle of the steering and pedal support. I absolutely love your set-up, but is it too much to ask for some measurements. :)

Hello chilicoke,

i feel like im stalking you,

i know you mentioned that each person should be inspired to build there own simulator, but if i could just get the rectangular measurement of the base and the angle of the steering and pedal support. I absolutely love your set-up, but is it too much to ask for some measurements. :)

Both of those answers are in this thread somewhere.

-wayside

Hello Brandon, Paul here ( mrmobeus2001 on ebay/00Harbinja00 on yt )
What can I say?

Awesome comes to mind! I must say I've found myself very inspired by your project dude,
Instead of really complex f1 style wheels etc you've gone for more of a...
It's almost like a street car replica in your living room.
I will probably never drive a F1 car in my lifetime.
Although Ive already driven street cars and had a go in a few rally cars and this is more of a chance for me to have something as near to it in my home.

Haven't built my cockpit yet but as you know I already have your adaptor and paddles.
And they rock mate! Top quality workmanship, Kudoz to you ;)
But mine will be roughly based on the dimensions of the Mazda RX7 ( Right hand drive. )

Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Paul ;)

hi chilicoke im a realy big fan
i was jus wondering if u can tell me the hight, length and width
coz i wanna make a cockpit like urs so plzz can u tell me

Hello, and welcome to GTPlanet. Please take the extra milliseconds required to post in complete words, using proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. It makes you look smarter and it makes us happier to help you.

Thanks.

Also, if you take the time to read through the thread, you'll see that Chilicoke is not willing to pass on measurements etc (and I don't blame him). He is, however, willing to help you with designs and ideas for your own cockpit.

Read through the thread, chances are you'll find your answers there. :)

Hello, and welcome to GTPlanet. Please take the extra milliseconds required to post in complete words, using proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. It makes you look smarter and it makes us happier to help you.

Thanks.
im always on facebook and msn n now im used 2 write like dis. its short cut writin.:)
not 2 upset u if u want ill write normaly

5h4z3b welcome to GTPlanet :cheers:
I would listen to Duke if I were you, in order for your stay here to be long. The AUP clearly states.

By using these forums, you agree to the following:
You will post all messages in English.
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Thanks.

Hi Chilicoke im a realy big fan ov urz :)
can u plzz tell me the hight, length and width ov u cockpit coz i realy want 1 2 make 1.

im always on facebook and msn n now im used 2 write like dis. its short cut writin.:)

Please do write normally...

You look like a 5 year old and you only really saved yourself from less than 10 letters with your "short cut writing"

How much did you get your mazda3 seat for?
I have those exact seats in my car so I spotted them instantly, but im also building a sim and need a seat as well.

Did Chilicoke make it, and is it on Youtube

Have you read this thread at all?

If you are a fan of and indeed appreciate Chili's work, Then surely you would have read through the thread and watched his numorous and plentiful tutorials, No?

/Rant.

Seems Chilicoke is not responding and has already given all info he is willing to share. Is it time to lock this thread or start a new one will all links pertinent to questions repeatedly asked?

Seems Chilicoke is not responding and has already given all info he is willing to share. Is it time to lock this thread or start a new one will all links pertinent to questions repeatedly asked?

No, it isn't...

He has a website you can go to for all the info you need.

;)

I agree, It would be a shame to see this thread closed, Purely on the basis that some members can't be bothered to do a search.
Maybe I came across a bit harsh, Sorry for that 5h4s3... anyway, We were all new at this once in our lives.
This thread if read correctly is a valuable source of information for new and old racing sim enthusiasts alike!

Paul ;)

I agree, It would be a shame to see this thread closed, Purely on the basis that some members can't be bothered to do a search.
Maybe I came across a bit harsh, Sorry for that 5h4s3... anyway, We were all new at this once in our lives.
This thread if read correctly is a valuable source of information for new and old racing sim enthusiasts alike!

Paul ;)

It's not harsh. Its the straight truth. This guy is being really really dumb and is almost ruining a great and very helpful thread for everyone on these forums. And if its harsh so be it... people gotta learn. OR DIE!!!! HEHEHEH

just a few pics of what my rig ended up looking like

100_4221.jpg
100_4227.jpg
100_4222-1.jpg
100_4223.jpg

one bit of advice is take your time, its not hard to reverse mount them 30min max but just get it right the first time, measure twice

chili i've never seen the way you mounted your handbrake on to your cockpit

can you take a picture and show me :)

That's because he's left it up to our imagination...
If you had read this thread and watched his vids properly
as you should if you're a fan of his, You'll notice that he hasn't
shown how it was actually 'mounted' .
And you may have noticed he hasn't replied in some time.

The beauty of building your own cockpit is the ability to put your own twist on things...
Be imaginative, Yes some of us have copied the basis of Chili's design, But if you take the time to have a look at the other threads in this section you'll see that we have all done our own thing with them.

Please take your time to not just look at the pics and vids, But also to read the thread through, Read the notes on the vids, That way you won't have to ask silly questions that are going to get you burned...

Just trying to help you out there dude ;)

Now, Have you actually got a handbrake mechanism yet? If so does it have any mounting points on it? Yes?
Then think about having a second 'shelf' underneath the top piece where the shifter/e-brake are, That way you will have a secure mount for the handbrake.
Also make sure your 'top' shelf has a hole the right size and shape cut out for the handbrake to come through.

That's pretty much what I'll be doing when I build mine.

Paul ;)

Back