Choose AI cars, why only with a Secret Menu?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 51 comments

HKS racer

(Banned)
Question:
Dear Mr. Yamauchi-San, can I know why you, Sir, added this feature, the possibility to choose AI cars only with a Secret Menu in GT5 (and I bet GT6 as well)?

Thoughts:
We really need to ability to choose AI cars in our races. The Secret Menu is not enough and not fair. We should be allowed to choose our rival cars without it.

Another good thing would be AI cars in online races, example: if a lobby has only 3 or 4 human drivers but they want a 12 players race but other people are not coming, they should be allowed to fill the grid with AI cars letting the host decide which cars.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 doesn't need new cars,
They needs options that improve gameplay , scalable AI , flag rules , full mechanical damages and failures.

Trust me, you can massively improve things with these little but immensely important options.

Last edited:
I mostly agree, however I still believe GT6 constantly needs new cars, not just VGTs, virtually every manufacturer in the game has great new cars coming out all of the time, and currently we don't get enough DLC (well any if we're honest). So I think if the question were shorter I'd +1 it.

I mostly agree, however I still believe GT6 constantly needs new cars, not just VGTs, virtually every manufacturer in the game has great new cars coming out all of the time, and currently we don't get enough DLC (well any if we're honest). So I think if the question were shorter I'd +1 it.
I edited a bit so the qestion is in bold and thoughts are following.
I think people think GT6 constantly needs new cars mainly because we can't make good use of the cars we already have.

And with good use I mean a Custom Made GT1 Championship with all the best GT1 / Super GTcars tuned and balanced on performance via PP.

Sure the more the marrier, but when you add an option that can deliver some great fun with the stuff already in the game I think it's a no-brainer for a game developer.

What is this Secret Menu?
It is what it is.
A Secret Menu. :sly:

It's a hidden menu (I can't tell you here how to activate it, try google or PM me) where you can access to some hidden features like choosing AI cars for Arcade Mode. It works only for Premium cars though.

Yet another thread I forgot to respond to, but it's a nice opportunity to bump.

I know that sounds matter, and the Course Maker is a hot topic, but I hope the board starts sharing the love with some of these other threads. Like this one. I know it's related to the Event Maker topic, so I'm hoping that Jordan and whoever is in charge of sifting through this board for the gold will see fit to blend a few of these together.

Being able to choose the bot cars, giving us a more league oriented race, or at least a more SENSIBLE race, would be a great bonus to Gran Turismo. And not only that, but being able to choose the bots, looking for the most competitive in their racing profile, would sure make me even happier.

"We only want you to appreciate the beauty of the cars and tracks, not race them. You guys are weird. "

-Kaz Yamauchi

This is the main reason why I still play GT5 once in a while instead of buying GT6.
The other day I played GT5. I set up a custom one-make race with one of the Super GT cars. It had standing start, mechanical damage, and fuel/tire wear. None of that stuff is available in GT6. It makes no sense why good features were removed in GT6.

FS7
The other day I played GT5. I set up a custom one-make race with one of the Super GT cars. It had standing start, mechanical damage, and fuel/tire wear. None of that stuff is available in GT6. It makes no sense why good features were removed in GT6.
You're joking right? Please tell me you were joking... GT6 has all of that.. I don't want to live on this planet..

You're joking right? Please tell me you were joking... GT6 has all of that...
GT6 doesn't have custom one-make races. Most career races are catch-up rolling starts, arcade races are always catch-up rolling starts with no option to enable standing starts, mechanical damage or fuel/tire wear.
In GT5 I can set up proper races offline, in GT6 there's no way to do that.

FS7
GT6 doesn't have custom one-make races. Most career races are catch-up rolling starts, arcade races are always catch-up rolling starts with no option to enable standing starts, mechanical damage or fuel/tire wear.
In GT5 I can set up proper races offline, in GT6 there's no way to do that.
Well said my friend, well said.

Trying to get this issue resolved is like catching a rabbit on the streets of grindelwald..

What is this secret menu you are talking about?

It's a hack into GT5 that was figured out. It gives several options that the main game does NOT allow.

It also requires some rather "interesting" reprogramming of the PS3.

It's a hack into GT5 that was figured out. It gives several options that the main game does NOT allow.

Thanks for clarifying!

i got some fun 24h races on gt5 with that..
Nürburgring - 24 h.jpg
Nürburgring - 24 h_1.jpg
Nürburgring - 24 h_2.jpg
Nürburgring - 24 h_3.jpg
Nürburgring - 24 h_4.jpg
Nürburgring - 24 h_dgag1.jpg

"We only want you to appreciate the beauty of the cars and tracks, not race them. You guys are weird. "

-Kaz Yamauchi
Any chance you're going to reply to this request?
When did he say that?

Let's see the reference to this quote.
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt this is genuine.
Otherwise it's time to remove this completely made-up 'quote'.
You've had plenty of time, and have also since revisited this thread, and yet ignored the request for proof.
Deliberately masquerading a false quote, when you've been asked to provide evidence, and therefore providing knowingly false info., would be against the AUP to my knowledge.

I didn't do any reprogramming and neither did most people, we used some very simple software to edit the save file outside of the PS3 then just reloaded the save.

Any chance you're going to reply to this request?

Let's see the reference to this quote.
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt this is genuine.
Otherwise it's time to remove this completely made-up 'quote'.
You've had plenty of time, and have also since revisited this thread, and yet ignored the request for proof.
Deliberately masquerading a false quote, when you've been asked to provide evidence, and therefore providing knowingly false info., would be against the AUP to my knowledge.
It's not a quote it's satire and satire isn't against the AUP as far as I know. It's an obvious joke if one has a sense of humour.

I didn't do any reprogramming and neither did most people, we used some very simple software to edit the save file outside of the PS3 then just reloaded the save.

It's not a quote it's satire and satire isn't against the AUP as far as I know. It's an obvious joke if one has a sense of humour.
If it's 'satire' then there is no need to promote it as a direct quote with the use of full quotation marks, followed by the name the of intended quotee.
If nothing else, it should have already been stated that it is as such at the very least, since the originality has already been questioned.
If I were to make such a bold positive claim, you would be the first here to ask for a relevant quote/link.
I must ask why, since you have taken interest in this thread, the same level of integrity hasn't been applied to the above questionable quote?

Last edited:

Which means that something in the system was reprogrammed........

And, yes, I have a sense of humor. That "quote", however, did not feel right on many levels.

From where I stand, that quote is a blatant lie.
Until proven otherwise.
Either the person who made it up retracts it and deletes it, or I'll be forced to ask the mods to look into it.

As I say, if I were to make an outlandish positive 'quote', there would be cries coming from everywhere to substantiate my claims.
Call me pedantic if you like, but double standards really grinds me.

Back