Choose AI cars, why only with a Secret Menu?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 51 comments
If it's 'satire' then there is no need to promote it as a direct quote with the use of full quotation marks, followed by the name the of intended quotee.
If nothing else, it should have already been stated that it is as such at the very least, since the originality has already been questioned.
If I were to make such a bold positive claim, you would be the first here to ask for a relevant quote/link.
I must ask why, since you have taken interest in this thread, the same level of integrity hasn't been applied to the above questionable quote?

When something is so obviously a joke I wouldn't ask for a link. Same reason when you see a Meme of Kaz with a silly caption you don't ask someone to prove he really said what it says in the meme.

Which means that something in the system was reprogrammed........

And, yes, I have a sense of humor. That "quote", however, did not feel right on many levels.
If opening a piece of software and plugging in a couple of numbers into a blank space qualifies as "reprogramming" than I guess it was reprogramming. But I never touched the game itself, nor the PS3, nor did I see any internal coding or anything along those lines.

From where I stand, that quote is a blatant lie.
Until proven otherwise.
Either the person who made it up retracts it and deletes it, or I'll be forced to ask the mods to look into it.

As I say, if I were to make an outlandish positive 'quote', there would be cries coming from everywhere to substantiate my claims.
Call me pedantic if you like, but double standards really grinds me.
Technically all satire is a lie that looks deceptively like the truth, that's why it's funny. Not everyone is capable of seeing the subtle distinctions, especially when the subject of the satire is something you're emotionally invested in. If you have a problem with it take it up with a mod I'm pretty sure no one will be losing any sleep if you do.

When something is so obviously a joke I wouldn't ask for a link. Same reason when you see a Meme of Kaz with a silly caption you don't ask someone to prove he really said what it says in the meme.

If opening a piece of software and plugging in a couple of numbers into a blank space qualifies as "reprogramming" than I guess it was reprogramming. But I never touched the game itself, nor the PS3, nor did I see any internal coding or anything along those lines.

Technically all satire is a lie that looks deceptively like the truth, that's why it's funny. Not everyone is capable of seeing the subtle distinctions, especially when the subject of the satire is something you're emotionally invested in. If you have a problem with it take it up with a mod I'm pretty sure no one will be losing any sleep if you do.
How about if I start making up 'Johnnypenso' quotes.
And then ignore the requests to provide proof regarding said quotes.

I assume you're happy with that.

Any chance you'll agree the 'quote' is worthy of refuting by the person who made it up?

Nope. Obvious jokes are still obvious jokes no matter how bad/lazy they are. You should probably just send the report you keep threatening to send (so it can be ignored, if I had to guess) rather than going on another thread derailing half-dozen post backseat modding crusade against people who don't take things as seriously as you do.

How about if if I start making up "Johnnypenso' quotes.
Why, that depends entirely on how you do it. Also, double posting is against the rules.

I'm just nitpicking over piddly issues because I have nothing better to do.
is far more deceptive than

"I have perfect 20/20 eyesight."
-Jerry the one-eyed hippopotamus

Come off of it. I got it and my sarcasm-o-meter is fried from a statement I scanned earlier.

Oh and in case the first quote wasn't obviously fake enough--clicking the dang thing even takes you to the most recent post by the selected user, containing a statement nothing like the one "quoted"--here's me saying it is not a legitimate quote. The second one isn't either for that matter.

Last edited:
Did I mention the cavalry?

Double posting you say.
Mis-associating someone to a false quote is of course perfectly within the AUP though.
Did I mention double standards anywhere yet?

Did I mention the cavalry?
Why, it's almost as if multiple people are able to understand the concept you are having so much trouble with and are commenting on the matter as you keep pushing the thread to the top of the GT6 index.

Double posting you say.
Yes. Highly frowned upon when the forum has an edit function and multiquote.

Mis-associating someone to a false quote is of course perfectly within the AUP though.
Yes, again depending on the context. Someone making up Kaz calling people weird (I mean, really. You're taking a stand on this?) to make a bad joke is quite a bit different from you changing a GTP member's posts to suit your arguments in a discussion. To an extent, "ftfy" posts are even allowed on GTP, though they are understandably a grey area. This can perhaps be best shown by GTP Administrator, Famine.

Did I mention double standards anywhere yet?
Yes. Now if only it actually applied.

Have you even sent the report yet so a moderator can actually comment on the heinousness of research's actions, or are you just whistling Dixie?

Last edited:
How about if I start making up 'Johnnypenso' quotes.

I assume you're happy with that.
You really need to lighten up a bit, you really are flogging a dead horse here and yes, being pedantic as well.

Many new-comers may very well, and understandably so in light of how it is posted, accepted that 'quote' as true.

If you so like, I guess I can organise my posts to suit your bidding.

Actually, the 'quote' wasn't made by you, so I really don't see why you're so interested in the details.
I don't recall referencing anything towards you.
Perhaps you feel you need to stand up for others in some sort of heroic cause.
Well done you.

*Edit*
There you go.
I've corrected my error.
Double post removed and not even re-quoted.
I ask nothing more than the same regarding the blatant false quote.
Why I get the negative cavalry turning up picking the fight is beyond me.
As I say, shoe on the other foot ... different scenario.

Last edited:
Actually, the 'quote' wasn't made by you, so I really don't see why you're so interested in the details.
I don't recall referencing anything towards you.
Perhaps you feel you need to stand up for others in some sort of heroic cause.
Well done you.
Considering you haven't posted anything in this thread except to backseat mod for a discussion you forced yourself into, this bit is hilarious.

I'll take you still not reporting him to mean you've realized there's nothing worth reporting, though.

I'm certain all you guys do is turn up here to argue.
It's a question submission thread--one that I supported before my first post--but the only thing worth remarking upon at this point is the lunacy you started. I say you because nobody else found that not-especially-humorous-obvious-attempt-at-humor post to be offensive.

It would be nice to have a mod capable of seeing the merit of this thread to wipe the useless off-topic comments (my own included) rather than lock the whole dang thing as is the result I foresee. I hope I'm not out of line in nominating @daan for this task.

Until proven otherwise.
Either the person who made it up retracts it and deletes it, or I'll be forced to ask the mods to look into it.
I've looked into it. I don't see anything wrong with an attempt at a humorous post.

Again, it was obviously an attempt at a humorous post.

I'm certain all you guys do is turn up here to argue.
You seem to be doing a fine job of that yourself.

Now, I'm sure there's a topic here, and this isn't it, so lets get back on it.

It boils down to broadening the ways to make use of the vehicles provided rather than simply (which is absurd, but seems to be the case) increasing the number of vehicles being used the same old ways.

You have to remember, some people take things that aren't blatant as truth. I tend to be VERY literal, so that's why I took it wrong.

Sorry to cause an argument. Let's get back on topic.

VBR
PD put fan requested features in the game, & then lock mostly everyone out of them with a secret menu. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

:banghead::ouch::grumpy:
I read the part where you said stupid 3 times in the Heavy's voice from Team Fortress 2 :lol: I would love to use this feature if it was accsesable and you could choose any car from your favorites. A Type C Streamliner race in the GT Arena would be interesting :lol:

Last edited:
"Offline racing is the best! I can't get enough of that sweet sweet rabbit hunting! My internet connection is for GTPlanet only! Eh!"

-Johnnypenso

Until proven otherwise.

As I say, if I were to make an outlandish positive 'quote', there would be cries coming from everywhere to substantiate my claims.
Call me pedantic if you like, but double standards really grinds me.
Jesus, get a sense of humour mate. If you cannot tell that was an obvious joke, man, I feel sorry for you

Easy now, Marsten! Yes, Aussie lost his cool a bit but the quote is tricky because it contained some truth to it.

I tried finding the clip/interview or whatever it was but could not. Maybe it was the "roundtable discussion" with the brand manager in february, but somebody asked SOMEBODY from PD within the last year or so what the overall goal of gran turismo was, and the reply was along the lines of, 'to appreciate the beauty of the cars' and other such crap with NO mention of simulating racing, competition, etc.

Damn I wish I could find that clip!

Latest Posts

Back