Chop Shop PS Competition #2 - July 6 - CLOSED!

• Thread starter Jay.
  • 96 comments
Ive got an idea. Instead of just posting em in, lets give everyone maybe, 3 days to tell that their chopping. So then we dont get any unexpected entries..

Ok. Umm the bumper is uhh unique. Im not trying to pick on you but the rear of the car seems to have no "depth". But your chop is very clean :) Background is good too :)

Ok. Umm the bumper is uhh unique. Im not trying to pick on you but the rear of the car seems to have no "depth". But your chop is very clean :) Background is good too :)

unique, ya unique enough to take 2+ hours itself to get things to my liking.

Depth? I don't get what your trying to say. Are you talking about the conversion because thats the best i could get it.

This is probably one of the most advanced and time consuming chops that i've done. I've never done full van conversion, i've never changed bumpers, i've never worked (well worked well) with shadows, so i feel good about this

As in shadows on the rear end of car. Wow did the bumper really take you 2 hours? :eek:

when i transfered it from a murcielago (which im pretty sure is the same pic you got your side vent) I had to enlarge it causing some quality issues. It was mostly just blending issues though. For example, the left side of the bumper (the visible side) was a lot lighter than the side on the original bumper, so i had to deal with that.

Ill try to fix the shadow issue now

EDIT: Fixed in previous post, Is that any better?

and i don't know why it is coming out purple. It is blue in photoshop

I dont see any purple lol. The side skirt's lighting is still odd. The light seems to be coming from above ;) Its the white bit at the rear which im talking about the lighting.

I dont see any purple lol. The side skirt's lighting is still odd. The light seems to be coming from above ;) Its the white bit at the rear which im talking about the lighting.

The blue has sort of a purplish tint to it which it doesn't have in photoshop

The side skirts are stock so the lighting is not my fault. I still don't get you with the lighting.

lets give everyone maybe, 3 days to tell that their chopping.

Diablo'
July 16th is too far away

Sorry if this sounds too blunt, but some of us aren't on vacation time and actually have more than 5 hours to dedicate each day to other stuff... like work. I barely have around 2 hours each day (and that's sacrificing my daily GT4 time) to work on the pics... so yeah, 10 days is good for me. make it three days and I won't be able to participate.

@ Diablo & TL - If you have the time, why not try another one and then pick the best?

I've sort of got three half done at the moment, coz I've had a lot of spare time the last few days.

RICER UP A RONDO!? SWEET Doing this 5-door-like SUV will be fun

Can it be a Cartoonized Ricer?

I'm thinking not... mebbe whenever you or someone else wins, the theme can be "cartoonise"

i doubt i'll win..

@ Diablo's effortless chop.. your work is good for a nobrainer's work, i can tell you jsut did it for the hell of it rather that trying to compete.

No offence or anything but i don't think you'll stand a chance against the rest of whoever is chopping this.:)

i doubt i'll win..

@ Diablo's effortless chop.. your work is good for a nobrainer's work, i can tell you jsut did it for the hell of it rather that trying to compete.

No offence or anything but i don't think you'll stand a chance against the rest of whoever is chopping this.:)

What the hell, seriously

effortless, go to hell. Im sorry im no frickin photoshop wizard. That chop honestly took me 4+ hours, and i tried quite hard on it.

No offence my ass, screw you.

(Im sorry but that was quite uncalled on on your part)

Umm okay, well im no wizard either, this is my first time chopping a photo, and i wasn't insulting your work, i was trying to motivate you

Boy im anxious to submit mine... Who else hasn't submitted yet but are still participating?

Umm okay, well im no wizard either, this is my first time chopping a photo, and i wasn't insulting your work, i was trying to motivate you

I feel stupid for blowing up on that. If you look at the way you wrote it, that was quite insulting to me ("effortless, nobrainer's")

@ Diablo' & Trico Pro - Most of us here are fairly new to Photoshop or chopping.
Everyones work seems to be improving.

Who knows, maybe in ten years time we could all be as good as Suzq! :dopey:

If you guys want to submit your final entry then go for it.
It might get a few others to enter.

I actually force myself to work on this at work today instead of FM2. :dopey:

A little sneak peek. :P

peektf9.jpg

Back