Chrome, pearl, matte, and other hard to find paints

• Thread starter ianp2009
  • 50 comments
United States
United States
figured this might be a good thread to start so people light be able to find things a little easier. i know that there is a matte paint with some of the Lambos but would really like to find some chrome paint but am not having any luck so far

figured this might be a good thread to start so people light be able to find things a little easier. i know that there is a matte paint with some of the Lambos but would really like to find some chrome paint but am not having any luck so far

A lot of these hard to find paints came in the 15th Anniv. Edition as a special paint pack :P

oooh really? i guess i should have preordered from amazon lol... i picked it up day one from walmart. guess thats what i get for procrastinating lol.... have you came across any cars with chrome paint by any chance?

oooh really? i guess i should have preordered from amazon lol... i picked it up day one from walmart. guess thats what i get for procrastinating lol.... have you came across any cars with chrome paint by any chance?

Nope, not chromes. But the LFA has matte black if you're willing to spend that much money :P And the Toyota FT-86 G Sports concept has really nice Color shifts, but it's 500,000cr

id be willing to buy a chrome car for 500k lol im gonna check out the color shifts. i might spend it on one if i like it enough... i was really hoping that you would get the paint from the benz vison car lol

Nope, not chromes. But the LFA has matte black if you're willing to spend that much money :P And the Toyota FT-86 G Sports concept has really nice Color shifts, but it's 500,000cr

I think some of the TVR's have some colour shifts also, assuming its like gt5

the "maziora andromeda II" paint looks really good

I think some of the TVR's have some colour shifts also, assuming its like gt5
just looked the tvr t350c has a few shiftsand its priced at 74k cr.... both speed 6's have some and the speed 12 looks to have duplicates of the others

The Lotus "Chrome Orange" is simply named that; it's not actually a chrome-style paint.

The new method of dealing with paint chips - like them not disappearing after use - is tempered by the fact there's absolutely no way to sort them. It's going to get ugly as you amass a lot...

Oh yeah, and the cars that didn't give chips in GT5 still don't. The Mustang Mach 1, the RS6 Avant (though only it's red option), and the entire McLaren lineup.

Oh god I need silver chrome! (not to paint cars like bieber) but for wheels!
EXACTLY!!!! my muscle cars would look so much better if i had a chrome paint. but the race mod zr1 looks great with the nose chrome too (only car that i painted with a chrome paint in gt5)

Cant you just buy tbe paint chip you want? Pretty sure I saw all the cool color chips for sale in the paint shop.

Technically no(t yet), but you could buy and sell it right after, with a loss in most cases. Not a big seller so I haven't tried it. I can't imagine the chip would be removed in the process.

Also the Mustang Boss doesn't give you paint chip.

One does not get Grabber Blue that easily ><
Theres always the Lotus Europa but I wanted the strippe, official and all.

The Lotus "Chrome Orange" is simply named that; it's not actually a chrome-style paint.

The new method of dealing with paint chips - like them not disappearing after use - is tempered by the fact there's absolutely no way to sort them. It's going to get ugly as you amass a lot...

Oh yeah, and the cars that didn't give chips in GT5 still don't. The Mustang Mach 1, the RS6 Avant (though only it's red option), and the entire McLaren lineup.
Does this apply to all paint chips? I wonder if it will apply to DLC paint chips and AE chips? I really hope so.

The aventador has matte black, white & a dark brown but it costs 400k. It also has what looks like a couple different pearlescents, but I can't afford to buy them just to be sure.

Damn I need more matte black, I used it by accident on my Mercedes AMG Vision.

The colors you get with the 15th anniversary edition of GT6 you can use as many times as you want,they never dsissapear.Great call!!

While I love not having them disappear, I hate the fact that they can't be sorted. I'm a little O.C.D. in that I really like to have all of my cars painted in a color from their respective manufacturer (Chevy must be a GM color, etc). Even with just a few colors, this is becoming tedious. I got around them disappearing in GT5 by backing up my game save to a USB drive, gifting them to my other profile then reloading the save before I did the gifting. Even though the chip disappeared when I used it, my other profile could then just gift it back (backing that save up first). This worked great for amassing a large garage as well. Anyway, I really wish they would start gifting chips on a daily basis like they used to. The new Seasonals are boring and only give specific chips and once the seasonal is over...

While I love not having them disappear, I hate the fact that they can't be sorted. I'm a little O.C.D. in that I really like to have all of my cars painted in a color from their respective manufacturer (Chevy must be a GM color, etc). Even with just a few colors, this is becoming tedious. I got around them disappearing in GT5 by backing up my game save to a USB drive, gifting them to my other profile then reloading the save before I did the gifting. Even though the chip disappeared when I used it, my other profile could then just gift it back (backing that save up first). This worked great for amassing a large garage as well. Anyway, I really wish they would start gifting chips on a daily basis like they used to. The new Seasonals are boring and only give specific chips and once the seasonal is over...

That's what I did (and how making the paint chip database was even possible, really ;) ), and I'm the same as you; barring a few favourite colours, I tend to keep my cars painted in manufacturer tones, or at least sibling-makes (Audi paint on VW's, etc etc). GT6's method is three steps forward, and two steps back.

That's what I did (and how making the paint chip database was even possible, really ;) ), and I'm the same as you; barring a few favourite colours, I tend to keep my cars painted in manufacturer tones, or at least sibling-makes (Audi paint on VW's, etc etc). GT6's method is three steps forward, and two steps back.

The chrome chip was available in one of the seasonal events about a month ago. Can't remember which one. :(

Back