Chrome, pearl, matte, and other hard to find paints

• Thread starter ianp2009
  • 50 comments
You want a nice tip?

go and search for the cheapest cars, and look for the nicest colours to buy for cheap.

then it's all checking to never buy a car with a repeated colour so it keeps adding up...

I miss gt5 days when I got like 10 paint chips a day :/

then it's all checking to never buy a car with a repeated colour so it keeps adding up...
Yeah, I've created a database for myself to keep track of paints and from what car they came. A really nifty (and I would think simple) solution for the repetition prevention would be to have the same check that indicates ownership of a car next to any color of specific models that you have on your palate. But yeah, some kind of indication as to what make a color is--and a way to filter anything but the one you seek--would be a boon to practices such as those mentioned.

This is a little unrelated to the actual topic but fits with the title; does anyone have any insights into the naming of colors (those beginning with GT, anyway) awarded in seasonal events? Chrome-xxxC is relatively obvious but there is also Japanese-xxxC in the Chrome category and, perhaps even more confusing, Chrome-xxxN in it as well. C for chrome and N for NomoreorlesschromethanchromesthatendinC (consult your physician before use)?

Last edited:
The Lotus "Chrome Orange" is simply named that; it's not actually a chrome-style paint.

The new method of dealing with paint chips - like them not disappearing after use - is tempered by the fact there's absolutely no way to sort them. It's going to get ugly as you amass a lot...

Oh yeah, and the cars that didn't give chips in GT5 still don't. The Mustang Mach 1, the RS6 Avant (though only it's red option), and the entire McLaren lineup.
Mhm...

The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG has a pretty nice matte silver paint :) It's like a bright matte gray, but with some metallic shine to it.

The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG has a pretty nice matte silver paint :) It's like a bright matte gray, but with some metallic shine to it.
For Matte Paint Chips:
Lexus LFA '10: Matte Black
Lamborghini Aventador: Nero Nemesis, Marone Apus and a white matte called Bianco Canopus
Mercedes SLS: AMG grau magno and designo magno alanitgrau grey (is Design Mysticweiss 2 also a matte white? probably not, please confirm!)
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09: Matte Black
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
AMG Monza grau magno
designo magno alanitgrau
Lamborghini LP700-4 '11
Nero Nemesis
Bianco Canopus
Marrone Apus
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09
Matte Black
Lexus LFA '10
Matte Black
But thanks for pointing it out. ;)

Bought the Gt6 last May and missed the paint chips from the seasonal events!!!where can in get the matte colours which was given in the seasonal events?other matte colours i got it from the dealership cars!!!

Bought the Gt6 last May and missed the paint chips from the seasonal events!!!where can in get the matte colours which was given in the seasonal events?other matte colours i got it from the dealership cars!!!
They can only be obtained from the events. There's only been one repeat as far as I know, so you'll likely have to stick it out until they start coming back around again.

My GT6 came with this special aniversary content,the cars,and a bunch of paints... But if I could,I would give you all my paint chips that came with,since I actually hate all of them. I always use original factory colors in my cars. For wheels,I only use silver metallic,chrome silver,black gloss and black matte.

could someone help me please?
I am looking for Azzurro Acqua Marina so I can make a car that has similar colour to the Gulf Gt.
Thankyou

Attachments

• 384521_Ford_GT40_Gulf-Oil_Le_1920x1200_(www_GdeFon_ru).jpg
    384521_Ford_GT40_Gulf-Oil_Le_1920x1200_(www_GdeFon_ru).jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 7
Back