Chrome, pearl, matte, and other hard to find paints

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ianp2009, Dec 11, 2013.

1. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

one of the first ones

2. bananinhao

bananinhao

You want a nice tip?

go and search for the cheapest cars, and look for the nicest colours to buy for cheap.

then it's all checking to never buy a car with a repeated colour so it keeps adding up...

I miss gt5 days when I got like 10 paint chips a day :/

KOGSoldier, FosterG and PIGBOY like this.
  3. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Yeah, I've created a database for myself to keep track of paints and from what car they came. A really nifty (and I would think simple) solution for the repetition prevention would be to have the same check that indicates ownership of a car next to any color of specific models that you have on your palate. But yeah, some kind of indication as to what make a color is--and a way to filter anything but the one you seek--would be a boon to practices such as those mentioned.

This is a little unrelated to the actual topic but fits with the title; does anyone have any insights into the naming of colors (those beginning with GT, anyway) awarded in seasonal events? Chrome-xxxC is relatively obvious but there is also Japanese-xxxC in the Chrome category and, perhaps even more confusing, Chrome-xxxN in it as well. C for chrome and N for NomoreorlesschromethanchromesthatendinC (consult your physician before use)?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  4. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Mhm...

5. eran0004

eran0004

The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG has a pretty nice matte silver paint :) It's like a bright matte gray, but with some metallic shine to it.

6. TexRex

TexRex Premium

But thanks for pointing it out. ;)

7. MatteBlack

MatteBlack

Bought the Gt6 last May and missed the paint chips from the seasonal events!!!where can in get the matte colours which was given in the seasonal events?other matte colours i got it from the dealership cars!!!

8. TexRex

TexRex Premium

They can only be obtained from the events. There's only been one repeat as far as I know, so you'll likely have to stick it out until they start coming back around again.

9. MatteBlack

MatteBlack

Ok!Thanks Tex man!!!

10. TexRex

TexRex Premium

No problem at all. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

11. MatteBlack

MatteBlack

Its ok,Man!!!Thanks!!!:)

12. FosterG

FosterG

Would be nice if you did not have to jump through hoops to get a paint chip that you then have to buy.

FS7 and MatteBlack like this.
  13. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

gamermaniac55

The lexus lfa has a matte black, and it's only 375k. or it's the Nur verison. i don't remember.

15. Jbaffoh

Jbaffoh

16. 550

My GT6 came with this special aniversary content,the cars,and a bunch of paints... But if I could,I would give you all my paint chips that came with,since I actually hate all of them. I always use original factory colors in my cars. For wheels,I only use silver metallic,chrome silver,black gloss and black matte.

17. gamermaniac55

gamermaniac55

18. M3BIMMER 2012

M3BIMMER 2012

could someone help me please?
    I am looking for Azzurro Acqua Marina so I can make a car that has similar colour to the Gulf Gt.
    Thankyou

Attached Files:

19. Ryk

Ryk

Sounds Italian, maybe Alfa Romeo...

20. M3BIMMER 2012

M3BIMMER 2012

yeah, that's what im thinking! I will try all Italian cars when I get in later today

21. FS7

FS7

Agreed. The weird part is that I can choose any color I want when installing custom gauges, but to paint the car I have to deal with the stupid paint chip system.

daisho13 and M3BIMMER 2012 like this.