Circuit de la Sarthe featured in Hot Version Vol. 94 *screenshots available*

• Thread starter seizure_
  • 85 comments
Singapore
Singapore
seizure_ / GTP_seizure
I'm not sure if this was posted before (and I did searched before I posted this so pardon me if this was posted)

I wish I had done this earlier but it was until this morning when I managed to sit down and watch Hot Version Vol. 94. Towards the end of the DVD, I almost fell off the couch with what I saw on screen. One of the Japanese Le Man's 24 Hours driver actually popped by Polyphony Digital studios to 'practice' using our favourite driving simulator, and you guessed it, GT5 Prologue.
I can't explain what they were saying in details but I believe pictures are worth more than a thousand words....

Here you go,
the car which I think the in-game vehicle was based on
vlcsnap3719xq3.png

the drivers (most of us should know who they are)
vlcsnap6927rd7.png

who's driving the F2007?
vlcsnap4169fy9.png

who else but KY!:sly:
vlcsnap4199xs4.png

vlcsnap4246js0.png

vlcsnap7272uc5.png

vlcsnap4581op1.png

oops..spinning out. wheel used was the official GT5P Driving Force GT
vlcsnap7272uc5.png

Dori dori-san coaching the drivers
vlcsnap5273zm4.png

Last edited:
pardon the quality of the pictures. i had to re-size to keep them small for the sake of those with slower connections.

also, if this violates any copyright rules, moderators please do what you need to do.

cheers!

Maybe it's just the low quality of the pics, but that just looks like La Sarthe from GT4 to me...

It does, just a bit cleaner and crisp. You'd kind of hope the two looked fairly concordant. :dopey:

If anyone here is able to read japaneses characters, could you please translate the sentence in Kaz's picture, the one that starts with 1967 and ends with 500.

Thank you :)

If anyone here is able to read japaneses characters, could you please translate the sentence in Kaz's picture, the one that starts with 1967 and ends with 500.

Thank you :)

basically, it reads that KY is born in 1967 .... and the 500 supposed to be a 5000 万 which meant 50 million copies of GT (from 1 to 5 prologue) sold to date. there's supposed to be another 0 after the 500 :)

LOL, khtse! And thanks to seizure_ 👍

(I was hoping something like him saying that the classic layout of Le Mans was going to be in GT5 :dopey: )

Looks like GT4 with the contrast turned up, nothing more. But, compression does take it's toll on HD.

Already fixed :)

Last edited:
SPAM! Get out of here.

Looks like GT4 with the contrast turned up, nothing more. But, compression does take it's toll on HD.

No actually, he gauge cluster is proof that it is a GT5:P gauge, the g-force metre is the one found in prologue and not GT4 also one one of the shots you can see the faintest hint of red on the accelerator gauge (traction control) this was not shown in GT4 even with traction control on.

I am hoping there will be a version found in the PD banks which is crammed literally with spectators... preferably at night...whilst raining :P

I screen-grabbed another 2 pictures from the same video which I believe are virtual representation of that LeMans car. watch the edges of the screenshots, they are filled with jagged outlines, something most likely to be coming from a graphical source (probably GT5P?)

vlcsnap150917sk1.png

vlcsnap151067ko4.png

as opposed to this one (which is a real-life photo taken in the garage by a photographer)

vlcsnap153177rl4.png

I want to believe that these are actual game footage.. I really do.. but my inner cynic tells me that it's just hi quality promo stuff for future game shows..

I screen-grabbed another 2 pictures from the same video which I believe are virtual representation of that LeMans car. watch the edges of the screenshots, they are filled with jagged outlines, something most likely to be coming from a graphical source (probably GT5P?)

vlcsnap150917sk1.png

vlcsnap151067ko4.png

as opposed to this one (which is a real-life photo taken in the garage by a photographer)

vlcsnap153177rl4.png

Thos are all images of the real car.

Those two pictures of the car lack the distinctive "Gran Turismo style", hard to explain but the GT veterans know what I mean. They look more like real life shots that have been downsized and then upsized again, hence the quality issues. And the garage shot has the jaggies too, just look at the door windows.

And if I'm totally wrong and GT5 looks like that, I certainly won't complain.

Also that appears to be Spa in the background, which would be fantastic but they don't look GT. If they are I would be happy as Larry to borrow the phrase...

The rubber balls at the side of the track suggest real life, they look like nothing seen in GT5:P

The garage shot is clearly a real-life shot. The other two sure seem to be real-life too. Only thing that makes me wonder is the car being so clean.

All pics there are real life...

EDIT: Oh and i dont think its GT4 because of the lighting.
But it looks like its still on the same standard as the the version from 2007.

Back