Circuit de la Sarthe featured in Hot Version Vol. 94 *screenshots available*

• Thread starter seizure_
  • 85 comments
Meh, just looks like the GT4 models and textures in the Prologue rendering engine again. When are we going to see the GT5 Le Sarthe?

That's definitely GT5P. I am a believer!!! :P Just by looking at the screens for some reason it feels like GT5. Now I wonder, is this the best they can do?? I mean don't get me wrong, GT5P looks beautiful but I think there's lots and lots of room for improvement...but if these shots are from GT5, I am not impressed at all. Some people will agree and some will disagree with me. GT5 need to look better than this for sure, I still see lots and lots of jaggies even on GT5P and I know it's not a whole game...still it's a game.

Ehh this track still uses GT4 assets (it even could be GT4 im just not sure because the lighting looks better in the video), theres not even 3D grass.
So dont worry GT5s LaSarthe will look better.

How many would want this to be a track included in a Spec IV or V download? Personally, I'd prefer something more twisty, but it would give the high end cars and F2007 cars something awesome to run flat out on.

How many would want this to be a track included in a Spec IV or V download? Personally, I'd prefer something more twisty, but it would give the high end cars and F2007 cars something awesome to run flat out on.

With some good clean racers, any car PP would be great on this track, you could probably swap positions 2 or 3 time down the straight, plus if PD gave us a new track it would hopefully be filled with players, instead of the one or 2 players usually in most races now.

Oh, what a disappointment, I hoped that simple surroundings of Circuit De La Sarthe should be presented in absolute perfection in GT5, this is just another gasper.

When are we going to see the GT5 Le Sarthe?

O/T

Sorry to nitpick, but it's La Sarthe. Not only is "Le Sarthe" incorrect, it also doesn't sound good. The articles "Le, la and les" are NOT interchangeable.

Again, I apologize, but grammatical errors bother me (no matter what language it's in). And this one's been repeated over and over again.

Back on topic...Considering we haven't heard anything new. I'm not sure we'll see ANY screenshots anytime soon.

Lol yeah, especially on racetracks, the same with the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
Its not Nernbergring, Nurnburgring or Nurnbergring, and its also not Nordschliefe or Nordshlaife.... sorry.

watch the edges of the screenshots, they are filled with jagged outlines, something most likely to be coming from a graphical source (probably GT5P?)

I think those are nothing but interlacing artifacts, try to deinterlace the source, you'll have your answer.

IMO those are real life shots because if you downscale a 720p image with no AA (although GT5 does have AA in 720p mode), it would still look smoother at the edges.

I agree La Sarthe is in the game. Just that the pictures of the Dome aren't in game but real and not even from La Sarthe!

Well even before that.
The track was shown at the 24h Le Mans 2007 as a GTHD Audi special edition.

Cheers, didn't know that :) .

I didn't realise how special it was playing Nurburgring and Sarthe on Prologue at Le Mans. I would've spent longer doing so if there weren't more exciting things going on that weekend! 👍

I don't know why your trying to prove these pictures, we know Sarthe existed ages ago, see my first post and subsequent posts.

That isn't what people are discussing. People are discussing photos of the Dome at what appears to be spa, they are definitely real life photo's though, but I can understand how the picture quality can throw people.

Could anyone tell what kind of car they're driving due to the times? 3 minutes at that spot is pretty fast, so do you think they're just in the F2007?

I guess they're driving with some sort of LM cars. 💡

When I played on the Sarthe track at Le Mans, the only cars available were the ones available on prologue at the time. So, what we have now minus the California, CitroenGT and Evora.

Perhaps they are driving one of the "tuned" cars? GTLM, Corvette or S2000?

After just watching it, I must say it looks much nicer in motion, those screen caps don't do the track justice.

Thanks for pointing this out and posting screen caps seisure_ 👍

Wow you guys. The pictures of the LMP1 Dome is not GT5. Neither is the LeSarthe track in the video. Its GT4. The layout, and movement of the front bumper camera is GT4. It may be GT:HD, but its defiantly GT:HD Classic (GT4 at 1080p) and not GT:HD Premium.

EDIT: Toyota picked up the Dome program (was probably running it all along). The new 09 Spec Dome hasnt been shown yet (09 spec requires smaller rear wings). So the Dome very well may make it into GT5.

Is it my thought.. or do you get a lot more sense of speed in that video of gran turismo?
Or is that due to... i don't know what?
I only know that when I was driving on La sarthe in gt4, i didn't have that speed feeling..

Driving Sarthe in GT4, going down the back straight, with the force feedback causing the wheel to shake violently, while knowing that a low speed corner is coming up any second now, caused my first sweaty palmed, "I'm gonna die", speed freakout moment in any racing game.

I'd call that a "speed feeling." ;)

Back