Circuit de Sainte-Croix is Fantastic!

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 200 comments

Do you think this new circuit is one of PD’s best?

• Yes, it’s at the top

• No, it’s horrible

• I’m somewhere in the middle; not terrible but not too good

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have only raced the C variant as I have only driven the weekly since the update, and I love it. First few laps I was wondering a bit, but after getting used to the track, it has a great flow and is a lot of fun to drive! Should see a decent mix of cars when drivers get over using the Ford for a bit.

I dislike ALL fictional tracks. We have so many real world fantastic tracks I just fail to see the appeal of this garbage.

Perhaps *IF* we had Spa, Hockenheim, Motegi, Mt Fuji, Silverstone etc, etc, etc and we were struggling for content (which I do no see how!) then maybe throw some of this made up rubbish in.

At least give us the real world tracks that have already been in the game (and previously paid for! e.g Spa!)

Only tried the layout that is currently in the weekly race C. I love it! Beautiful scenery, great variation of corners and layout elements (love that section before and after the bridge), no irritating feature (though that tricky corner that start fast and becomes sharp and slow suddenly is dangerous during races because people are often making mistakes there) and very technical track that will take a long time to master.

Thank you PD!

It's a decent track ruined by being walled in most of the time. The penalty system can't cope with it and I have ended up with penalties from people bumping me from behind when they scrape the wall after hitting me. It's also too wide for my liking, too many dive opportunities which have been getting worse already.

It’s absolutely horrible. Could be a track from the track editor of past games.

Way too long, copy and paste sections, too many unnecessary corners, and I’ve never been this bored while driving.

I will skip all online races with this one. So thanks PD for not making me play one whole week!

A pity that people hate the circuits just for nostalgia (if they had left in GT2 they would love it) or for the closed idea of just wanting real circuits (oh my god, GT with fictitious circuits, what a surprise).

A pity, the community is very immature
This is absolute nonsense. People love Dragon Trail and Maggiore. If an original circuit is good, then it’s good. This one however just doesn’t cut it, especially when compared to the legendary ones.

Last edited:
It’s absolutely horrible. Could be a track from the track editor of past games.

Way too long, copy and paste sections, too many unnecessary corners, and I’ve never been this bored while driving.

I will skip all online races with this one. So thanks PD for not making me play one whole week!

There have been some great track editor tracks in the past games! I find it very technical and challenging, I don't know how one could get so bored while driving it. the 3rd sector is so much fun and flowing followed up later by the last sector which appeals in a similar way.

Pro tip: Don't put two lefts together followed by two rights and repeat. You just get a straight, then turn around to do it all over again. Not much rhythm there.

I don't know the part you are referencing here?

Since release I've only done about 90km mainly all on St. Croix and I'm generally pretty optimistic. Its not super bad as people say but its not going to be revered like the GT tracks of old.

But I do like almost every corner, there's nothing too blind and and no corner seems super diabolical.

I even like the scenery with the old cottages and the bridge and the Squirrel helicopters.

I could even swear the tyre model reacts to the black patches of bitumen on the road.

I expected the worst and this is not the worst.

A pity that people hate the circuits just for nostalgia (if they had left in GT2 they would love it) or for the closed idea of just wanting real circuits (oh my god, GT with fictitious circuits, what a surprise).

The Real Fantasy Track Driving Simulator eh?

From one of your "immature" community fellows all I can say is enjoy this Mario Cart Sim ;-) For anyone else that aspires to more Sim than cartoon we would like to see more real tracks *before* filling it with this garbage!

GhD9O9n.jpg

I do really like it, but also wish PD would stop wasting time making new fictional tracks. How many have they made never to use again? They all seem to be one hit wonders, apart from originals. That and the time wasted on numerous and complex rally tracks that nobody uses. Time could be better spent in my view.

croix_layouts.jpg

Possible circuit variants pending updates to route, temporary barriers and junctions.

- Green variants should be good to go as is.
- Yellow variants should be good pending corner note 1 junction.
- Orange variants might need additional modification to corner notes 2/3 junctions.
- Red variants will most likely need modifications to corner notes 4/5 junctions.

So for anyone who likes the ST.CROIX-track, which variants do would you like to see in future updates to the game?

Last edited:
I've only tested on the B layout in Gr. 3 as practice for the 2nd leg of the Manufacturer's race. I love the track for what it is [and not in relation to what I wanted]. Flow and elevations are nice and even though some parts are a bit wide, it allows for more than one fast racing line into and out of some corners which will help to counter bashing from behind.

Certainly I would have liked SPA and Hockenheim too, but until we get that, St. Croix will provide some challenge.

For disclosure I haven't driven Croix yet, but the problem that I have with the fantasy tracks minus one or two exceptions is that they are all appear to be too clean and smooth - they're like brand new tracks on their opening day. The track surface is millimetre perfect - no dips or bumps or off camber sections. Boring and characterless is how I would describe them.

I'm not against the fantasy tracks per se, but I do wish PD would rough them up a bit, and make them feel a little more like a track that's been patched over multiple times throughout the years.

I did give an opinion of this circuit somewhere else, but I'll make a point out for it again. It's a homage to Driveclub and its multiple circuit layout-style courses. Some directions flowed better in reverse, such as layout A, and some places need improvements on decorations during trial/race modes. I rank the layouts like this.
  1. B - The ultimate N class circuit.
  2. C - A mini Le Mans with cruising potential.
  3. C II - An adventurous cruise for Mille Miglia style rallies.
  4. B II - Full of surprises for its technical corners.
  5. A II - Polyphony Digital announces Cape Ring 2.
  6. (I like how PD are taking inspirations from lakes now, see Maggiore.)
  7. (It used to be hiking trails like El Capitan, Matterhorn, Eiger etc.)
  8. (This is like a mini Sierra made from a course maker.)
  9. (Alsace should have its track width tightened like the street sections.)
  10. (We could have a new Grand Tour like in GT5 that takes us from Paris to Cote d'Azur set primarily in France.)
  11. (This track really is a Cape Ring 2.)
  12. (I am adding filler to this list to make a point how bad the main StCroix layout is.)
  13. A - This layout needs to go. This shouldn't be the flagship representative of the StCroix circuit.
I do hope PD will release a periphery and inside layout of this track.

Gamers are a hateful bunch.

Yeah it’s a no from me. Far too many square shaped corners for a racing circuit that isn’t a street track (I know it’s supposed to be semi permanent), and looking at the track map, it looks like a street circuit. The lack of run of at high braking zones gives away large amounts of the immersion to me as it’s a very unrealistic, an issue which a fair few GT Sports track have. To me it’s just quite boring.

To me, this track was made for slow cars. The faster the car, the more is lost in experiencing the tyre model, weight transfer in braking, body lean/compressed suspension in the long corners. Really is good to just take it all in at a slower pace.

The track is a joy, when using the S660 and Beat. I keep doing One Makes. The normal N100 class races, just see the RCZ bullying me in the final corner of each variation and swiping the win.
It's awesome to see the AI carrying more speed than me and me gaining more confidence to try that and succeed.

I'll try to snap a pic of 5 wide down the straights and in corners.

Back