Circuit de Sainte-Croix is Fantastic!

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 200 comments

Do you think this new circuit is one of PD’s best?

• Yes, it’s at the top

• No, it’s horrible

• I’m somewhere in the middle; not terrible but not too good

Results are only viewable after voting.
i saw two helicopters on Circuit De Saint-Croix during one of the races in GT League with old cars. Does this tracks always have two helis in all races there ? I like how much better this track looks during races there are boats under the bridge, many trucks and tents with lots of people around.

The track's a bit weird for sure, but I like it. I think I still need more time on it. I haven't been putting nearly as much time in the game lately.

Just take a look at the track map, then rack your brains and try to think of a real track that looks much like it. I can't.

That's the thing about GT6's fantasy tracks. Take a look at the track map, factor in elevation changes, most of them would not be out of place in the real world. GTS's, not so much. I don't know if whoever designed tracks like Midfield, Deep Forest, Grand Valley etc. has left PD, but the latest tracks seem to bear almost no connection with the older tracks.

Some of the layouts feel like a result of a "how many similar looking blind corners can we cram into one circuit" study, some feel like someone turned the GT5 track editor up to 11 and accepted the end result as it was. My favourite this far is C II, just wish someone would put braking markers at the end of the back straight.

I got to know the B variant pretty well the other day before the Manufacturer's Cup, and I really enjoyed it. I spent some time the previous week trying to get used to the other one....I think it was A (daily race C) and it didn't flow as well as B did in my opinion. I still need some more track time, but so far B is great and it served me well in terms of FIA points.

And for the record and at the risk of repeating myself, where are the tracks we have already paid for in previous games?

You got them in the previous games, does not mean you have paid to have that content included in this game as well.

Actually I like that in some instances we are getting brand new content rather than the same old thing over and over game after game.

Actually I think the new track is okay and tying the sectors together while maintaining maximum speed without mistake makes it more of a track that is not forgiving of mistakes without loss of momentum making a driver be dead on hitting his marks and lines.

I am sure that paying license fees has a bit to do with getting fantasy tracks at times rather than real world circuits. The content is being given free so if it is a circuit that a player does not like then avoid that circuit.

There are quite a few I avoid within the game and think are a lot worse than this new track.

Layout feels very Hermann Tilke-ish for me, relatively long straights followed by tricky low-speed bends and a lack of high speed corners.

With no relevant run-off areas but with a large road that gives plenty of room for overtakes, it gives off a weird pace like Alsace does, and that's not a good thing for me.

The track itself is beautiful in some areas but it lacks variety.

Also, seeing the same "Saint-Croix" billboard everywhere is quite jarring.

Overall this feels "meh" to me at best, just like Dragon Trail - Gardens.

Many bag this circuit, but for Sport Mode, it is THE best circuit.
Fast, flowing, passes can be made, a bit technical and pretty easy to navigate.

I like it but I’d like it more if it wasn’t so wide. A problem with a lot of PD’s fantasy tracks. Alsace has to be the worst.
Oulton Park or Donnington would be good tracks for GT.

Even its best configuration (B) is still clunky with barriers jutting out right at the exit of corners (in both forward and reverse configurations).

It gives me the impression that the track was built around the gimmick (suspension bridge across the lake) and everything else was pretty hastily slapped together in comparison.

A gravel trap or two would help and stop cars bouncing back across the circuit into other cars when mistakes happen.

Last edited:
Even its best configuration (B) is still clunky with barriers jutting out right at the exit of corners. It gives me the impression that the track was built around the gimmick (suspension bridge across the lake) and everything else was pretty hastily slapped together in comparison.

A gravel trap or two would help and stop cars bouncing back across the circuit into other cars when mistakes happen.
Don't F1 cars drive across a bridge at one of its newest tracks?

The barricades are far off the track. The only one is the left hander uphill in the B circuit. Nothing is jutting out.

For Sport Mode no circuit is too wide. These cars don't allow for bumping, rubbing or quick movements. I love Donnington etc, but the way GTS physics are, wider circuits favor this game.

Finally got around racing on this track in Sports mode Cup race, and it's changed my view of this track. Its really fun to race on, there are tight sections and wide open sections, and theres a lot of room on the track to go side by side.

I did hit the barrier that was jutting out after the bridge during qualifying, but was lucky that I was more careful during the race. Will look forward to racing on this track now.

Back