Circuit Zolder Looks Just Like the Real Thing in Latest Assetto Corsa Competizione Preview

Agree with everything. The kerbs are harsh, but shouldn't the BMW also be able to handle them well? (Haven't tested it with the BMW yet). Turn 2 is notoriously difficult yes. Can't get it right either.
I've watched quite a bit of Blancpain on TV and it seems more cutting is allowedoverlooked than in say WEC, as long as everyone does it. And everyone does. :) At least that's my impression. But yeah, that sort of driving in ACC would get you a red laptime.

AFAIK, yes all races have rolling start. At least I can't remember any track that doesn't.

Unfortunately I have a big problem with the BMW. For some reason that car's torque profile doesn't match my driving style at all, even with engine management at the slowest :lol: Out of all the cars I have the worst problem with power oversteer in the BMW. So while it rides the kerbs ok, as soon as I put the power down the back end just goes everywhere.

For me, my speed ranking goes like this: 488 > Bentley > Huracan > Jag > BMW

If everyone is doing it in real life, then ACC should also make the penalty detection more lenient. Being official game and all :P

BTW, I just took a look at the roadmap and they changed the car in the final update. It's not the NSX anymore. Anyone knows if this is a licensing issue and whether the NSX will still come in the full game? :( It's the car I'm looking forward to the most.

Yesterday evening I finally was able to try out Zolder with the Jaguar with my steering wheel on a triple 24" monitor setup. Well, ACC's version of Zolder is spot on compared to pCars' version of Zolder.

Yay for Kunos!

A bit of an odd addition seeing these racecars all have sequential shifters and no manual clutch is involved. Reading the patch notes it seems it's needed for standing starts, but doesn't Blancpain only have rolling starts?

Well, they still have to leave the pits etc. from a stop. Not at all uncommon for sequential shift race cars to still require input from the clutch at some point (usually just starting up and getting going).

This is for the Huracan but I imagine other cars may be similar.

"Lighting up" the car requires sliding aside the transparent safety cover for the red "Main" switch, giving it a push to wake up the electronics, and then pushing the green "Ignition" button next to it. To actually start the car, you then need to step on the brake pedal and pull one of the clutch levers below the paddle shifters and press the start/stop button on the steering wheel. Then you can pull the right paddle to engage first gear."

Source: http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/1702-2016-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-racing-bull/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they still have to leave the pits etc. from a stop. Not at all uncommon for sequential shift race cars to still require input from the clutch at some point (usually just starting up and getting going).

This is for the Huracan but I imagine other cars may be similar.

"Lighting up" the car requires sliding aside the transparent safety cover for the red "Main" switch, giving it a push to wake up the electronics, and then pushing the green "Ignition" button next to it. To actually start the car, you then need to step on the brake pedal and pull one of the clutch levers below the paddle shifters and press the start/stop button on the steering wheel. Then you can pull the right paddle to engage first gear."

Source:http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/1702-2016-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-racing-bull/

Got it. I suppose it's for people who like the manual startup procedure with ignition and the whole lot. I have everything on automatic just to be practical.

Ah, the world wide web became such a fun place after GDPR. This happens when I click the superstreetonline link:

"Due to the EU’s Global Data Protection Regulation, our website is currently unavailable to visitors from most European countries. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to visit www.motortrend.com for the latest on new cars, car reviews and news, concept cars and auto show coverage, awards and much more."

Btw, @BrandonW77 you may want to edit your link to include "-bull".

Got it. I suppose it's for people who like the manual startup procedure with ignition and the whole lot. I have everything on automatic just to be practical.

Yeah, I'm a clutcher everyday in my real car but rarely use it in sim racing. But it's there for those who want it.

Btw, @BrandonW77 you may want to edit your link to include "-bull".

Odd. I tried but every time I paste the link it breaks that last part of it. If you copy/paste the link it works....well, for Muricans.

Odd. I tried but every time I paste the link it breaks that last part of it. If you copy/paste the link it works....well, for Muricans.
Fixed. Some italics bb code was confusing the GTP editor, so I removed those and now it's clickable. You can click the wrench icon in the upper right of the GTP editor box to see all the bb codes.

Back