Civic vs Integra Who's Better? SRinc. Finds Out & Takes Em Racin'

• Thread starter SRinc.
  • 53 comments
yea thats kinda weird, right? i was expecting great results from Grand Val, but didnt until i went to Deep Forest. for the 0-400m, i thought 13's were good times for DC2's. my best guess wouldve been high 14's but i proved myself wrong. but hey i stumbled cross another great head to head while looking for a black EP3 its currently going down. i wont say much now but it'll be posted tonight or early am. what i can say is Vegas and some night-time racing! stay tuned...

*Edit, SRinc.

Okay...

My 310hp 1995 DC2 weighs in at 932kg/2050lbs.

Does your DC2 have a Full Weight Reduction, the weight difference is considerably different?

Last edited:
Dude, you're double posting again...

Dude, you're double posting again...

But it was accidental; if you look at the green "edit" text at the bottom of his post, you can see that it was a duplicate he didn't intend to create. And regardless, a double post is actually preferable in this situation, because nobody is going to look in a ten day old thread just to see if the last poster had edited his most recent post.

But it was accidental; if you look at the green "edit" text at the bottom of his post, you can see that it was a duplicate he didn't intend to create. And regardless, a double post is actually preferable in this situation, because nobody is going to look in a ten day old thread just to see if the last poster had edited his most recent post.

yea thanks. he's exactly right, and yes i stated it in my edit post. i dont know how another post box came up and i thought maybe it could simply be deleted but it wasnt so im stuck with it.

Yes, I used Stage 3 weight reduction.

it must be because we have different versions of the game. on this version im using the greatest hits version of GT4 for the first time. there both '95 DC2's but mine is heavier...

I don't think it does...

In fact there is no DC2 that's that heavy with full weight reduction so check under "weight balance" and see if there's ballast on it.

yea i kno that, what i mean is i wouldnt expect the game to apply ballast to the cars actual weight. shows how much they really put into GT4!

Why wouldn't you expect it? The idea of ballast is to add weight in a certain area and thereby change the weight distribution... Not counting it into the car's weight would be utterly stupid IMO.

good point, it wasnt a factor in the game i ever needed to pay attention until the weight diff in our DC2's. im gonna try using ballast differently now on my cars, all of them have ballast tuning of some sort.

Since you and rotary junkie did a little match off, I decided to see if my "sport tuned" dc2 was able to hang with you guys. I dont know what directions you guys did Deepforest so I went both ways. Wasnt able to do grandvalley yet since i started a new game.

Normal
1:23.6

Reverse
1:25.2

0-400

0-1000

Since you and rotary junkie did a little match off, I decided to see if my "sport tuned" dc2 was able to hang with you guys. I dont know what directions you guys did Deepforest so I went both ways. Wasnt able to do grandvalley yet since i started a new game.

alrite nice, so what are the specs hp, weight, etc.?

yea he kicked my ass at Grand Valley East by 5 seconds with nearly 110 hp difference! kudos kudos, i just wonder was there nos used at all...

No nos was use but my car has that oem downforce I was talking about in my other thread. You should try it on your itr too to see how many seconds it takes off your time.

Just some added coal to the fire, B16B EK9s in real life never really could keep up with the '98 spec DC2 Type R, despite having a better suspension setup and layout. This is mostly due to the fact that the DC2 had crossed gear ratios and a ridiculous final drive of 4.785 among other things like engine power from the B18C and a longer wheel base.

Of course i am just typing this out sour grapes 'cos my love for my own DC2 (non-type R unfortunately). :D

Just some added coal to the fire, B16B EK9s in real life never really could keep up with the '98 spec DC2 Type R, despite having a better suspension setup and layout. This is mostly due to the fact that the DC2 had crossed gear ratios and a ridiculous final drive of 4.785 among other things like engine power from the B18C and a longer wheel base.

Of course i am just typing this out sour grapes 'cos my love for my own DC2 (non-type R unfortunately). :D

no biggie its alll good:sly:, im a Teggy guy at heart my fave car before GT hit the US were the Honda Integra, and i was dumbfounded to why the headlights favored a DA but the rear tails a DC chassis. long story short, research aside, and the Type-R was the best thing i thought Honda couldve done to an Integra ofcourse that was before i stumbled onto Spoon's DC2 and my jaw just dropped from there. i will say i love tuning Civics tho, its a passion in real life and on GT i explore different limits with each Civic tuned. my current DA im working on the appeal the powerplant is robust, but i havent propped my JDM flare im known for on it yet. i wont get into the soecs with you because any diehard Integra enthusiast would have recognized the final gear number like their birthday on a billboard. so 👍 to and keep Teggies alive, this is my, SRinc.'s 2nd DA btw.

also remember it was between two GT4 cars not the real deal, i saw Spoon's ITR vs their EK9 on Togue style racing and the ITR did far better!

Back