Classic Gran Turismo Livery Replicas (Read OP before posting!)

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 1,061 comments
This one is for @Adrian Pragi : The Raybrig NSX '07 !

Link : https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1276435/1/7206397133421838865

All the decals and the colors are extracted from the EPSON Origami sheet here : https://www.epson.jp/sponsor/nakajima/craft/raybrig2007/
For once, this is a very detailled reference, and as it is a PDF, all sponsors are vectorized, it was easy to re-draw them on Inkscape.

Love it, mate! This is exactly one of the most beautiful livery in Super GT :embarrassed:Thank you so much for the effort! Gotta make the scapes right away :D

Some time ago I practised with one version of the racing modifications for the R33 from the days of the original Gran Turismo. Now the full set was made.

EDIT - The green car with the yellow rear wing is inaccurate, I got two schemes mixed up. It'll stay as a bonus version, a correct one with a red wing has been made.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/5223160/gallery/carLivery

r33racingmodification.jpg

Last edited:
My first attempt at manual tracing! Didn't turn out as good as I thought, but it's a starting point. This is a livery I originally wanted to make for the Gr.B Rally Car, but the car itself proved to be very bad for this, design-wise. But the inspiration was already there, and I had a spare Lancer N300 without livery, so it had to happen. I think the livery needs no presentation, since the original car has been part of the GT universe ever since GT4 ;)

A huge, huge thanks has to go to @syntex123 who helped me by tracing the side number plate, and by being extremely patient while I kept annoying him with all my troubles with Inkscape, Vector Magic, and a lot more stuff :lol: really really thanks, this wouldn't exist without you!

So, there she is...the Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car from 1974 :gtpflag: it's shared HERE if you're interested.

8224149078721692185_23.jpg

6278032245158609408_0.jpg

6269587995989410312_0.jpg

6125472816505587200_0.jpg

latest

My first attempt at manual tracing! Didn't turn out as good as I thought, but it's a starting point. This is a livery I originally wanted to make for the Gr.B Rally Car, but the car itself proved to be very bad for this, design-wise. But the inspiration was already there, and I had a spare Lancer N300 without livery, so it had to happen. I think the livery needs no presentation, since the original car has been part of the GT universe ever since GT4 ;)

A huge, huge thanks has to go to @syntex123 who helped me by tracing the side number plate, and by being extremely patient while I kept annoying him with all my troubles with Inkscape, Vector Magic, and a lot more stuff :lol: really really thanks, this wouldn't exist without you!

So, there she is...the Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car from 1974 :gtpflag: it's shared HERE if you're interested.

8224149078721692185_23.jpg

6278032245158609408_0.jpg

6269587995989410312_0.jpg

6125472816505587200_0.jpg

latest
Truly amazing work :D I think you really nailed it, and the choice of going for the N class car instead of the Gr.B turned out to be a good choice in my opinion. And like you say, design-wise both the Lancer and WRX is odd in Gr.B (and Gr.3) guise. Hard to make something good for them, with all those edges and stuff.

And don't think you annoyed me, I love helping out where I can! :) It's a learning process for me as well, and by putting our minds together we're all getting smarter by the minute. :D

Obscure Star Trek reference - we are Borg. Resistance is futile. :lol: Nah but seriously we are a collective mind here at GTPlanet. Learning from each other and with each other. Keep putting up great work :D

Truly amazing work :D I think you really nailed it, and the choice of going for the N class car instead of the Gr.B turned out to be a good choice in my opinion. And like you say, design-wise both the Lancer and WRX is odd in Gr.B (and Gr.3) guise. Hard to make something good for them, with all those edges and stuff.

And don't think you annoyed me, I love helping out where I can! :) It's a learning process for me as well, and by putting our minds together we're all getting smarter by the minute. :D

Obscure Star Trek reference - we are Borg. Resistance is futile. :lol: Nah but seriously we are a collective mind here at GTPlanet. Learning from each other and with each other. Keep putting up great work :D
With the work done, the normal version does indeed fit better the theme, as the original 1600 GSR was a regular road car, that underwent a "prepration" (yes, I did include the mistake in the livery :P )to race in the Safari Rally. Thanks again for the kind words :)

As for the ST reference - not so obscure to me, since I'm a long time fan, especially of the Borg :P

I decided to make a livery I don't think many people have made (at least not the one from GT4).

I still need to update one decal that I had to make by hand(made a few by hand, as I couldn't find the right one on Google), but until then I'm still going to post the pictures here.

It should be around 99% accurate.

The base paint isn't actually paint at all; it is carbon fiber, like the original.

CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA #77 (JGTC) '03

click here to get it!

More images here.

I will update this post once I've updated that single decal, but not in the form of new pictures, but a link to where you can grab the livery if you want it.

I hope you like it, it was really fun to make!

Last edited:
yasid-oozeear-gt2020-nissan-calsonic.jpg

Does anybody remember this? I know what you're thinking, shut up already :lol: I've been spamming the forums with this one for ages.

Well, I decided to recolor it. When I made it, I made the main color blue with the color palette, because I had some blue squares here and there. Well, needless to say I made this one before I learned the skills I now possess, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've learned a lot since then.

So I remade it. Or, fixed up a few minor things, so I could have a metallic paint. I decided to go for a matte metallic blue, because not only is this a futuristic car and matte metallic looks good on it, but the main color you can get this car in is a matte red metallic color.

Without further ado, here's my new version.

If you want it, you can grab it here.

yasid-oozeear-gt2020-nissan-calsonic.jpg

Does anybody remember this? I know what you're thinking, shut up already :lol: I've been spamming the forums with this one for ages.

Well, I decided to recolor it. When I made it, I made the main color blue with the color palette, because I had some blue squares here and there. Well, needless to say I made this one before I learned the skills I now possess, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've learned a lot since then.

So I remade it. Or, fixed up a few minor things, so I could have a metallic paint. I decided to go for a matte metallic blue, because not only is this a futuristic car and matte metallic looks good on it, but the main color you can get this car in is a matte red metallic color.

Without further ado, here's my new version.

If you want it, you can grab it here.
The day I'll win the Nissan VGT, this is going on it, period. Amazing :bowdown:

I decided to make a livery I don't think many people have made (at least not the one from GT4).

I still need to update one decal that I had to make by hand(made a few by hand, as I couldn't find the right one on Google), but until then I'm still going to post the pictures here.

It should be around 99% accurate.

The base paint isn't actually paint at all; it is carbon fiber, like the original.

CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA #77 (JGTC) '03

click here to get it!

More images here.

I will update this post once I've updated that single decal, but not in the form of new pictures, but a link to where you can grab the livery if you want it.

I hope you like it, it was really fun to make!
My variation looks pathetic in comparison...:lol:

The day I'll win the Nissan VGT, this is going on it, period. Amazing :bowdown:
Thanks, give me some time to tweak it further though, the number plate needs to be fixed for example. now it is too big :lol: I just did a quick fix to get the new color on it, I realize I should've spent more time when I started editing it. I guess it's time to remake it from scratch, if I only find the energy to begin!

My variation looks pathetic in comparison...:lol:
Don't say that, I bet it looks fine :D I just have been obsessing with that Yasid Design render ever since I saw it some years ago.. :drool: :D I just KNEW I had to put it on my car in-game :D

The colour choise is perfect.

Were you not tempted by the Rays centre lock wheels?
I know right? Looks washed out when viewed side by side with the inspiration though :lol:

I was! But like @Nuschel01 says you can't change wheels on it :ouch:

I've not bothered with any of the VGT cars so I wasn't aware. Sort of makes sence as they're supposed to be concept cars where real world rims probably wouldn't fit.
Yeah true that. It still sucks though. I normally don't bother with the VGTs either but I love this one. Probably because I love the Calsonic livery in general. :lol:
I've also got a 1993 JTCC Nissan Primera die cast car, in Calsonic guise. :gtpflag: When I owned my real life Primera (owned three, but when I owned the correct model) I was tempted to paint it Calsonic blue :lol:

Yeah true that. It still sucks though. I normally don't bother with the VGTs either but I love this one. Probably because I love the Calsonic livery in general. :lol:
I've also got a 1993 JTCC Nissan Primera die cast car, in Calsonic guise. :gtpflag: When I owned my real life Primera (owned three, but when I owned the correct model) I was tempted to paint it Calsonic blue :lol:
Haha. I've got a 1/18 scale R34 JGTC and 1/43 R33 JGTC and R35 SGT on my shelves.

I always wanted a red P11 Primera so I could copy the Team Dynamics BTCC livery!

I've got quite a few made that I've neglected to post here until now, so I'll have to use spoiler tags so I don't make a post that's 7 feet high.

Two liveries for the Dodge Viper GTS Gr.4, based on the race mods of the two Vipers in the first GT.

For the R32 GT-R, the overlooked livery of the Calsonic-esque race mod from GT1.

For the Gr.4 Renault Megane, the race mod for the Megane in GT2, itself based on a well-known livery first used in a 1996 rally. I took some liberties with a couple decals that weren't in Discover (particularly the front bumper and spoiler) and added Michelin decals that were on the real version to make it a bit less empty. EDIT: Updated front bumper decal.

And as a bonus, I did a similar livery for the R.S.01 GT3.

Last edited:
Back