Classic GT5 Media

  • Thread starter Thread starter scope72
  • 41 comments
  • 4,946 views

scope72

Premium
Messages
1,255
United States
Nashville
So I thought I would throw this out to you guys and see if it sticks. Basically a thread where we can post and discuss classic GT5 media. So, if you have a video that isn't super recent, but it still has something of relevance to GT5...

post it and discuss it.

I'll start with the TGS 07 tour of Polyphony Digital. A pretty cool video if you ask me.

Edit: Took off hd tags from suggestion of Dave_SZ
 
Last edited:
Awesome. I had never seen that. Check out the diecast cars they have featured in GT. At 3:51 is that the nissan skyline race car (opposite of the pace car)?

Is that La Sarthe on the map at 6:20?
 

obligatory

And some awesome footage of the WRC Celica pathetically drifting around an early version of Eiger.

 
Last edited:
So I thought I would throw this out to you guys and see if it sticks. Basically a thread where we can post and discuss classic GT5 media. So, if you have a video that isn't super recent, but it still has something of relevance to GT5...

post it and discuss it.

I'll start with the TGS 07 tour of Polyphony Digital. A pretty cool video if you ask me.
[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6K0MAXR00FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6K0MAXR00FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

Ariel @4:08?
 
So I thought I would throw this out to you guys and see if it sticks. Basically a thread where we can post and discuss classic GT5 media. So, if you have a video that isn't super recent, but it still has something of relevance to GT5...

post it and discuss it.

I'll start with the TGS 07 tour of Polyphony Digital. A pretty cool video if you ask me.
[YOUTUBEhd]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6K0MAXR00FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6K0MAXR00FE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBEhd]

The video is not available in HD yet you put the HD tags on it and it isn't showing up for anyone.

 
Thanks for catching that Dave. 👍
 
Yes Ariel!
 
my first memory has to be the off-screen video from possibly TGS that opened with a blue mazda ... can't seem to find it anywhere on youtube anymore though! :\
 
Awesome. I had never seen that. Check out the diecast cars they have featured in GT. At 3:51 is that the nissan skyline race car (opposite of the pace car)?

Ha, could be.

Is that La Sarthe on the map at 6:20?

Yea it was, but that from the GT4 movable car thing though. Oh well, its in. :)


obligatory

Love that video. Would also love to see a lot of those tracks make it in. Heck, we are getting a lot of the cars originally planned for GT HD. So, why not the tracks? I guess we will see. By the way, here are the tracks I noticed while watching the video.
1. El Capitan
2. Monaco
3. Citta di Aria
4. Costa di Amalfi
5. Grand Canyon
6. Grand Valley Speedway
7. Chamonix

Whats the Nike car at 5:57 ??????????????????
It was in GT4. I remember because I won it the other day and had totally forgotten about it. Oh, how cool it was at the time (nostalgia). :lol:


Goodness, I really don't think I have ever seen that. A few questions.
1. What is that location at the beginning with the modern architecture?
2. What track is that at 1:11?
3. What is that dirt track at 1:15? Grand Canyon?
4. Track at 1:20 with the pit crew cheering?
5. Track at 1:33?

Observations:
1. 1:13 is New York
2. A brief glimps of Citta di Aria at 1:24
3. Monaco at 1:30
4. Lots and lots of pit crew animation. Funny we haven't seen as much as that over the last couple years.
 
by looking at them videos looks like the game was ready 3 years ago
 
Probably...but with standard quality cars, standard quality tracks, no online, no day/night, no damage.
Basically upscaled GT4 with 16 cars.
 
That´s a nice thread to compile all GTnext data after GT4... it helps giving us a better perspective on what to expect from GT5.

I can´t view now because i´m at work, but i´ll definately check it out when i get the chance 👍
 
There was a video I saw once, from 2007 I think, that I haven't been able to find since and all I can remember of it was the ending showing a white, possibly tuned R33 GT-R (N1 I think) with a carbon fibre bonnet!!
 
Back when we we more hopefull about gt5 release dates.
rr8lm0.jpg
 
Goodness, I really don't think I have ever seen that. A few questions.
1. What is that location at the beginning with the modern architecture?
2. What track is that at 1:11?
3. What is that dirt track at 1:15? Grand Canyon?
4. Track at 1:20 with the pit crew cheering?
5. Track at 1:33?
1. Marunouchi (GT4's photomode location)
2. Grand Valley
3. Yep
4. I don't know.
5. Grand Valley
 
1. Marunouchi (GT4's photomode location)
2. Grand Valley
3. Yep
4. I don't know.
5. Grand Valley

Awesome. 👍

Anyone know the 4th one?
 
Awesome. I had never seen that. Check out the diecast cars they have featured in GT. At 3:51 is that the nissan skyline race car (opposite of the pace car)?

Is that La Sarthe on the map at 6:20?

it's the other way around. PD partnered with AutoArt to release some 1:18th scale models of GT4 Cars. Specifically, the GT liveried Skyline, the white Ford GT LM edition and recently the Black Ford GT from GT5P. The GT diecast cars sell for around $100.
 
Looks like Grand Valley reversed with extra buildings at the last corner.
 
it's the other way around. PD partnered with AutoArt to release some 1:18th scale models of GT4 Cars. Specifically, the GT liveried Skyline, the white Ford GT LM edition and recently the Black Ford GT from GT5P. The GT diecast cars sell for around $100.

I got online and looked and the skyline was sold out.
 
Here is a link to one of the first interviews Kaz did in regard to GT5. The link is in French and then the second link is a translation.

French
http://www.planete-gt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1565

English
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004#post2670638

http://www.planete-gt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1565




french vidéo game magazine " JOYPAD" goes to Japan and meet K Yamauchi at polyphony digital and give us 3 pages of interview and some more scoop about GT5:

- All cars and tracks of GT4 will be in GT5
- more cars and tracks should be downloadable
- 4 driving views
- damages for the race cars
- All Ferrari + F1
- new city tracks
- online drivers : 12 to 20
- changing weather during race

"for Porsche and Lamborghini, no confirmation"
"an employer take the pad : black screen , lot of lines in japan , nothing to understand except "indianapolis""
"I can comfirm a game will be out between GT4 et GT5" K.Y

the article ending whith 2 more interresting paragraphs concerning the problem whith F1 right and another about damages.

it's only a translation of the link

more details when I bought this magazine tomorrow ;) ;)




This is from May of 2007.
 
I got online and looked and the skyline was sold out.

yeah, the Skyline was the first GT4 model made, so it makes sense that it's sold out. I bet, thought, that the 1:43 scale GT-R that comes with the Collector's Edition is also an AutoArt model. Maybe we'll see a 1:18th scale model of it soon.
 
yeah, the Skyline was the first GT4 model made, so it makes sense that it's sold out. I bet, thought, that the 1:43 scale GT-R that comes with the Collector's Edition is also an AutoArt model. Maybe we'll see a 1:18th scale model of it soon.

I believe the new model is made by Kyosho.

The included diecast car is an exclusive 1:43 scale 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with a custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho, who have been making some of the best collectible diecast cars for over 20 years. The 300+-page exclusive Collector&#8217;s Edition book from Polyphony Digital will be essential reading for GT fans, containing everything from the history of the automobile, to driving techniques, professional racing tips, car and engine basics and tuning know-how, and reference data about Gran Turismo 5. I want to warn you that the Collector&#8217;s Edition has a limited run, so pre-order it quickly if you want to guarantee your copy.

for position, the Stig on the Top Gear test track, and much more.The exciting pre-order program for Gran Turismo 5 offers exclusive and beautiful in-game cars as bonuses, including the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Nissan GT-R GT500, McLaren F1, and more. Each car features an exclusive and stylish Gran Turismo-themed &#8220;stealth&#8221; livery custom-designed by Polyphony Digital, with select performance upgrades over the standard versions of the cars available in the game. Pre-orders offers will be coming soon at participating retailers for both the standard and Collector&#8217;s Edition versions.
 
Last edited:
that could be. (BTW, all three AUTOart Gran Turismo Cars are listed as "Temporarily out of stock" on the AUTOart website)
 
I don't want to start this debate again ,but this is written :
Quatre positions de pilotage
This means 4 piloting positions... Can someone please name different piloting positions for me ?
 
cockpit, hood/roof, chase and bumper

but excluding cockpit.. is there another ? Because if not, this could very well mean cockpit views for Standard cars ! If there is another view on the other hand, this means that the premium cars are actually extras that were not planned since the beginning.
 
Back